The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Parteecia

Thing is, most people in the US won't hold Iger accountable for China because he/Disney really isn't doing anything that any other massive corporation isn't also doing in China.

Additinally, many people in the US simply don't care about other countries (or at least, not on any level deeper than ________ country good, ________ country bad), and thus won't look deeply into or think about what Iger or anyone else is doing there. Perceptions in the US, however, where what Disney does is much more widely scrutinized, are much more important to Iger and more important to influencing his decisions.
All very true. China is under the radar for most people. Musk is in your face.

D.Silentu

But get the kittens ready just in case someone tells us what it means...
I couldn't marshal my curiosity and looked it up. Now I feel a touch ill and probably on some sort of agency watchlist. I think your inference will be sufficient, but it makes me uncomfortable to learn, from the previous page, that they organize.

TP2000

I couldn't marshal my curiosity and looked it up. Now I feel a touch ill and probably on some sort of agency watchlist. I think your inference will be sufficient, but it makes me uncomfortable to learn, from the previous page, that they organize.

Thank you for handling that appropriately, and for letting us know.

In far happier news.... this is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time! In this age of rising global tensions and wars and rumors of wars, this is just pure goodness that we need right now.

God bless the good and wonderful people of South Korea for sending this talented man over to perform for us! 🤣 🇰🇷🇺🇸

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just got back from our Disney Cruise trip early this morning. I’ll save most of it for a proper trip report but I was Thissssssss close to driving to Disney World yesterday. Saw that it was only a three hour drive. Flight out of Fort Lauderdale was delayed 4 hours and felt like being spontaneous and adding a few days to the trip especially since I’d be able to get my miles and fees reimbursed. Pulled out of the Le Meridian hotel we were killing time in before the flight, put the address in navigation and saw a severe Tornado warning in the Orlando area and that was that. My son was already jumping up and down about being able to ride Ratatouille. Not that I feel bad for him. Haha

Consumer

Because some people like Disneyland and don’t like national parks?
Considering how much influence national parks have had on Disneyland, I find that nonsensical.

1682951543555.png

Bryce Canyon NP and Big Thunder Mountain.

1682951578584.png

Carlsbad Caverns NP and Big Thunder Mountain.

1682951601883.png

Yosemite NP and Grizzly Peak.

1682951523653.png

Capitol Reef NP and Cars Land.

1682951639402.png

Grand Canyon NP and Grand Canyon Diorama.

1682951910394.png

Yellowstone NP and Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland.

Unless somebody's sole interest in Disneyland boils down to seeing [insert IP character here] or posting about [insert overpriced food item here] on Instagram, I don't see any reason a Disneyland would not love visiting National Parks.

Californian Elitist

Considering how much influence national parks have had on Disneyland, I find that nonsensical.

View attachment 713825

View attachment 713826

View attachment 713827

View attachment 713824

View attachment 713829

View attachment 713837

Unless somebody's sole interest in Disneyland boils down to seeing [insert IP character here] or posting about [insert overpriced food item here] on Instagram, I don't see any reason a Disneyland would not love visiting National Parks.
It’s okay if you don’t see the reasons. People love visiting Disneyland for various reasons, some of which have nothing to with the history and what influenced the park.

truecoat

View attachment 713825

View attachment 713826

View attachment 713827

View attachment 713824

View attachment 713829

View attachment 713837

There's a National Parks forum out there. Go find it.

Parteecia

I just purchased a National Parks pass for $85. Access to nearly every site ran by the National Park Service for a year. Why would anyone spend money on a Disneyland pass when this is available?
It can be an "and." Plus, DL is a half hour drive from my house, easy day trips. I can't say the same for national parks.

P.S. My senior lifetime pass was a great deal when I got it.

ParkPeeker

I just purchased a National Parks pass for $85. Access to nearly every site ran by the National Park Service for a year. Why would anyone spend money on a Disneyland pass when this is available?
Well, going to national parks several times a year isn’t the easiest thing for people to do. A bunch of Disney fans are also national park fans and do indeed post national park pics on IG.

One ex: if you’re a student studying around the Irvine to LA area and have access to a car, which I think is common enough, weekly trips to Disneyland isn’t really a hard thing to do, you don’t have to think too hard about timelines, travel, lodging, anything. You just travel at most an hour to Disneyland after your midterm, spend a few hours, get back, and easily make it to your next midterm or your shift the morning after, not too much thinking involved. I feel like there’s a decent amount of pass holders coming from students who go to school really really close by, cause they can really make use of it, and that ease is enough for some to drop that large amount of money for a year

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disneyland has a better marketing department....

I did not expect Disneyland fans to be so anti-National Park.
No one is anti-National Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom