The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Ok, here's another question...there's GCH Craftsman Bar AND GCH Craftsman Grill.

They have almost the same menu at both. Bar takes reservations, Grill doesn't.

So is it literally a restaurant where you could choose to do table service OR counter service at any given point? I'm confused.

I checked the menu of Ralph Brennan's vs. Express, and it looks like if you want anything other than the beignets or gumbo right now, you need to go to the restaurant. That's a bummer, but I suppose the beignets are the most important part, so...

Cancel GCH! We ate the restaurant/bar side a few months ago and most of the food wasnt great. I’ve had better experience at the quick service restaurant (where they sell the Reese’s Pieces PB Blondies) but it’s still nothing great or to go out of your way for.

Yeah the pool side restaurant on one side and then across the corridor is the indoor quick service restaurant. Not sure I ever noticed it was the same exact menu. We’ve had some decent food there but nothing amazing. If you were staying at GCH I’d say a breakfast burrito or something of the like would make sense to have here out of convenience but that’s about it. Now if the goal is just escaping the parks for a more relaxing meal in some air conditioning this place isn’t a bad choice. If you like Reese’s and Peanut Butter though get one of those blondies.

To be honest since you re doing Cafe Orleans (as you should) Ralph Brennan’s is redundant I think. I’ve only eaten there once or twice a while back. Food was ok. At Cafe Orleans you’re getting similar food at a classic Disneyland establishment with better ambiance. With that said I’m sure overall the food is better at Brennan’s and they have more variety. But it isn’t so amazing that I’d take the time to eat there after going to Cafe Orleans. If you re looking for a table service to cut I’d say this is a good choice as well as Craftsman.

I’m going to respond to your other post now.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
So I'm headed to the park for the first time in four years in a few weeks! And like any true Disney Theme Park Fan(TM), I've spent the last several weeks obsessing over...dining.

I have five day hoppers, and I'm traveling with a co-worker who's never been to DLR. I have reserved a TON of table service, far more than I normally would have at DLR, due in part to apprehension over using mobile order all the dang time, but also the result of a lot of my favorite counter service offerings not currently being offered. I feel like I have too many table service meals, but I'm also struggling to think of good counter service to replace them. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this too many? Are there good counter service options I'm overlooking? Which of the following reservations should I cancel?

I have a ton of Disney gift cards saved, so cost isn't a concern for the restaurants Disney operates.

Currently I'm reserved at the following, in no particular order:
-Carnation Cafe lunch (new to me)
-Napa Rose dinner
-Blue Bayou dinner (new to me)
-Carthay Circle dinner
-Cafe Orleans (not giving this up)
-Plaza Inn MSEP package (really, on the fence between keeping this and getting the reserved parade viewing or just ditching it and getting the normal chicken dinner)
-GCH Craftsman (new to me)
-Ralph Brennan's (partially motivated by the upcoming change of decor; new to me)
-Storyteller's breakfast/brunch (new to me; my coworker wants a character meal so I can't cancel this)

There's also an afternoon Trader Sam's reservation in there somewhere to hopefully make it easier to get a seat inside at the bar.

I'm most inclined to cancel BB; the menu just isn't appealing to me all that much and there's been a lot of complaining about the place on here lately. But there's another part of me that thinks I should eat there because I managed, completely accidentally, to actually get a reservation for the place. OR should I cancel others? Is this too many table service meals over five park days? Let me know what you all think.

I think you have to do Blue Bayou if you haven’t before and request a table on the water at 11am or whenever they open that day. I haven’t been in a few years and but the last meal I had there- Lobster tail and filet mignon was pretty good. Sounds like food quality may have gone downhill a little which is interesting as I think for the most part the quality has gone up across the resort. Portions are getting smaller though. Anyway it’s a classic Disneyland experience and it would be a crime if you did Storytellers and not Blue Bayou.

Storytellers is a giant waste of money IMO and I say that with kids. For two adults I’d say skip it. Characters are everywhere at DL and the food at Storytellers isn’t great. I can only speak for Breakfast though and during Covid times where all they do is parade around. I think the character interaction has since gone back to normal but still don’t think it’s worth it.

I’d say cancel Craftsman, Ralph Brennan’s and Storytellers. Definitely do Trader Sam’s and sit inside but if you can’t get a table inside the ambiance on the outdoor patio is very nice at night with tiki torches and live music sometimes.

I had the Plaza Inn MSEP package a couple weeks ago and it wasn’t bad. Worth the up charge for the parade viewing especially since you’d want to eat there regardless.They let my wife substitute the roast for fried chicken but wouldn’t let me substitute green beans for carrots 🤷🏻‍. The spot they give you for MSEP viewing is in Town Square on the curb facing the train Station. I would get to check in about 30-45 min early to ensure you have a spot on or near the curb. Just be prepared for a little bit of a wait as the parade takes 15 minutes to arrive to Town Square from IASW. Also I’d sit at the far left (closest to the right entry tunnel/ Disneyanna) of the section they have roped off for the dining package folks as it’s the best angle to view the parade since it’s comes around from the other side of Town Square. The view isn’t bad but I prefer the bench in the corridor between the Castle and Pixie Hollow where I watched MSEP a few years ago.

Your other option is not doing the MSEP package, just getting regular Lunch at Plaza Inn and just grabbing a spot for the later showing of the Parade where its much easier to grab a good spot closer to showtime. The only reason we didn’t do that is the kids are asleep by that time. Since on your on vacation though I’d say just eliminate the something you have to worry about and just buy the package.

Cathay and Carnation are worth keeping. Haven’t eaten at either in a while but they seem to get positive-ish reviews.

For good counter service. I’ll only give you options I have recent experience with as counter service is more or less strictly about the food

DISNEYLAND

- Plaza Inn - But you already knew that

- Jolly Holiday - recently had the Birria toaster cheese sandwich and it was tasty.

- Bengal BBQ - good option for a quick snack. It’s a little overrated so think snack not lunch. Take it over to Tropical Hideway and eat there. The pork egg rolls aren’t bad at Hideaway either.

- Harbour Galley - can’t speak for the food but people seem to like it. Take a load off and eat at one of those tables at the back of Fowlers Harbor.

- Mint Julep Bar - Must get that Passionfruit Mint Julep! Find a nice spot or bench in Magnolia Park in facing the train station/ adjacent HM.

Red Wagon - Corndogs. Don’t want to hype it up.

Ronto Roasters - both the regular and Vegan Ronto wrap are pretty good. Most people in my family prefer the vegan one.

If you Think food at DL think Main Street and the West side of the park. There is nothing in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland that I’d recommend to anyone.

DCA

Cocina Cucamonga - Get those Birria Tacos! They’re very good.

MickEblu’s Turkey Leg and Baguette Special - trust me on this. Go grab a Baguette from the Pacific Wharf bakery. Then go grab a Turkey leg from Poultry Palace at the pier (unless they have a cart off the main DCA Corridor between Avengers Campus and Pacific Wharf serving them) Grab some Mayo, mustard and a knife from either vendor: Walk it all over to Flo’s. Sit at one of those tables outside in the shade facing RSR and enjoy. I just make little mini sandwiches and bites with some Turkey leg meat and the fresh bread. Sometimes slather on some mustard/ mayo. Some bites just bread and meat. To make it a complete meal mobile order some of the those great Steak Fries from Flos.

Last edited:

mlayton144

I think you have to do Blue Bayou if you haven’t before and request a table on the water at 11am or whenever they open that day. I haven’t been in a few years and but the last meal I had there- Lobster tail and filet mignon was pretty good. Sounds like food quality may have gone downhill a little which is interesting as I think for the most part the quality has gone up across the resort. Portions are getting smaller though. Anyway it’s a classic Disneyland experience and it would be a crime if you did Storytellers and not Blue Bayou.

Storytellers is a giant waste of money IMO and I say that with kids. For two adults I’d say skip it. Characters are everywhere at DL and the food at Storytellers isn’t great. I can only speak for Breakfast though and during Covid times where all they do is parade around. I think the character interaction has since gone back to normal but still don’t think it’s worth it.

I’d say cancel Craftsman, Ralph Brennan’s and Storytellers. Definitely do Trader Sam’s and sit inside but if you can’t get a table inside the ambiance on the outdoor patio is very nice at night with tiki torches and live music sometimes.

Defintely eat I had the Plaza Inn MSEP package a couple weeks ago and it wasn’t bad. Worth the up charge for the parade viewing especially since you’d want to eat there regardless.They let my wife substitute the roast for fried chicken but wouldn’t let me substitute green beans for carrots 🤷🏻‍. The spot they give you for MSEP viewing is in Town Square on the curb facing the train Station. I would get to check in about 30-45 min early to ensure you have a spot on or near the curb. Just be prepared for a little bit of a wait as the parade takes 15 minutes to arrive to Town Square from IASW. Also I’d sit at the far left (closest to the right entry tunnel/ Disneyanna) of the section they have roped off for the dining package folks as it’s the best angle to view the parade since it’s comes around from the other side of Town Square.

Your other option is not doing the MSEP package, just getting regular Lunch at Plaza Inn and just grabbing a spot for the later showing of the Parade where its much easier to grab a good spot closer to showtime. The only reason we didn’t do that is the kids are asleep by that time. Since on your on vacation though I’d say just eliminate the something you have to worry about and just buy the package.

Cathay and Carnation are worth keeping. Haven’t eaten at either in a while but they seem to get positive-ish reviews.

For good counter service. I’ll only give you options I have recent experience with as counter service is more or less strictly about the food

DISNEYLAND

- Jolly Holiday - recently had the Birria toaster cheese sandwich and it was tasty.

- Bengal BBQ - good option for a quick snack. It’s a little overrated so think snack not lunch. Take it over to Tropical Hideway and eat there. The pork egg rolls aren’t bad at Hideaway either.

- Harbour Galley - can’t speak for the food but people seem to like it. Take a load off and eat at one of those tables at the back of Fowlers Harbor.

- Mint Julep Bar - Must get that Passionfruit Mint Julep! Find a nice spot or bench in Magnolia Park in facing the train station/ adjacent HM.

If you Think food at DL think Main Street and the West side of the park. There is nothing in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland that I’d recommend to anyone.

DCA

MickEblu’s Turkey Leg and Baguette Special - trust me on this. Go grab a Baguette from the Pacific Wharf bakery. Then go grab a Turkey leg from Poultry Palace at the pier (unless they have a cart off the main DCA Corridor between Avengers Campus and Pacific Wharf serving them) Grab some Mayo, mustard and a knife from either vendor: Walk it all over Flo’s. Sit at one of those tables outside in the shade facing RSR and enjoy. I just make little mini sandwiches and bites with some Turkey leg meat and the fresh bread. Sometimes slather on some mustard/ mayo. Some bites just bread and meat. To make it a complete meal mobile order some of the those great Steak Fries from Flos.

That turkey leg and baguette trick sounds amazing

Californian Elitist

So I'm headed to the park for the first time in four years in a few weeks! And like any true Disney Theme Park Fan(TM), I've spent the last several weeks obsessing over...dining.

I have five day hoppers, and I'm traveling with a co-worker who's never been to DLR. I have reserved a TON of table service, far more than I normally would have at DLR, due in part to apprehension over using mobile order all the dang time, but also the result of a lot of my favorite counter service offerings not currently being offered. I feel like I have too many table service meals, but I'm also struggling to think of good counter service to replace them. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this too many? Are there good counter service options I'm overlooking? Which of the following reservations should I cancel?

I have a ton of Disney gift cards saved, so cost isn't a concern for the restaurants Disney operates.

Currently I'm reserved at the following, in no particular order:
-Carnation Cafe lunch (new to me)
-Napa Rose dinner
-Blue Bayou dinner (new to me)
-Carthay Circle dinner
-Cafe Orleans (not giving this up)
-Plaza Inn MSEP package (really, on the fence between keeping this and getting the reserved parade viewing or just ditching it and getting the normal chicken dinner)
-GCH Craftsman (new to me)
-Ralph Brennan's (partially motivated by the upcoming change of decor; new to me)
-Storyteller's breakfast/brunch (new to me; my coworker wants a character meal so I can't cancel this)

There's also an afternoon Trader Sam's reservation in there somewhere to hopefully make it easier to get a seat inside at the bar.

I'm most inclined to cancel BB; the menu just isn't appealing to me all that much and there's been a lot of complaining about the place on here lately. But there's another part of me that thinks I should eat there because I managed, completely accidentally, to actually get a reservation for the place. OR should I cancel others? Is this too many table service meals over five park days? Let me know what you all think.
No Little Red Wagon for a corn dog?

mickEblu

Original Poster
@PiratesMansion Black Tap is also a good choice for counter service. The last burger I got there was the Wagyu burger cooked Medium no A1 sauce and it was pretty good. PB shake is great too.

Naples isn’t a bad table service option. Now that I tried Napolini (the quick service option next door) I’m more confident recommending it. I’d have to imagine the table service would be even better. Pizza might be a nice change of pace from the food in the parks and hotels since you’d be smart to avoid all the terrible pizza in the parks.

Couple notes on Cafe Orleans. Menu has changed a bit recently and not for the better. Shrimp and cheese grits are gone. You can now only get pomme frittes with the Montecristo. It’s not available as an app anymore. Those were two biggies for me but they have they still have the Gumbo and location so I’d still recommend it. Plus the Montecristo which is not exactly my cup of tea but I do enjoy it from time to time. Also ask the waiter for some jam. We had a nice waiter who gave us some raspberry or blackberry jam To Go when we heard we were going to Mint Julep bar for Beignets. Dipping every few bites in the jam was a game changer.

Last edited:

waltography

We had a nice waiter who gave us some raspberry or blackberry jam To Go when we heard we were going to Mint Julep bar for Beignets. Dipping every few bites in the jam was a game changer.
This is a tip I'd never heard before and now I simply have to ask for it the next time I'm at Cafe Orleans. How kind and smart of the waiter to do that!

mickEblu

Original Poster
This is a tip I'd never heard before and now I simply have to ask for it the next time I'm at Cafe Orleans. How kind and smart of the waiter to do that!

This particular waiter was amazing. So much so that I went to City Hall to pay him a compliment. City Hall then directed me to the Disneyland app. Lol. He was Southern and really feeling our complaints with the new menu. He took the time to tell me how to cook grits at home too. Lol. I think he was really amused at a few Californians love affair with grits.

smooch

Yeah I think they were trying to cut down on people just snagging a table for two hours and only ordering fries.
I mean that part is understandable but you'd think they'd be able to come up with a solution that isn't just taking the pomme frites as an appetizer off the menu. I used to work in a restaurant I've seen people order one appetizer and try to hog a table but we were able to call them out and ask them to leave or to actually order food. I know it's harder to regulate like that when working in food service in a theme park but still...

mickEblu

Original Poster
I mean that part is understandable but you'd think they'd be able to come up with a solution that isn't just taking the pomme frites as an appetizer off the menu. I used to work in a restaurant I've seen people order one appetizer and try to hog a table but we were able to call them out and ask them to leave or to actually order food. I know it's harder to regulate like that when working in food service in a theme park but still...

Yeah I agree. There has to be a better way. At least have it as an add on for ALL entrees.

PiratesMansion

Defintely eat I had the Plaza Inn MSEP package a couple weeks ago and it wasn’t bad. Worth the up charge for the parade viewing especially since you’d want to eat there regardless.They let my wife substitute the roast for fried chicken but wouldn’t let me substitute green beans for carrots 🤷🏻‍. The spot they give you for MSEP viewing is in Town Square on the curb facing the train Station. I would get to check in about 30-45 min early to ensure you have a spot on or near the curb. Just be prepared for a little bit of a wait as the parade takes 15 minutes to arrive to Town Square from IASW. Also I’d sit at the far left (closest to the right entry tunnel/ Disneyanna) of the section they have roped off for the dining package folks as it’s the best angle to view the parade since it’s comes around from the other side of Town Square. The view isn’t bad but I prefer the bench in the corridor between the Castle and Pixie Hollow where I watched MSEP a few years ago.

DISNEYLAND

Ronto Roasters - both the regular and Vegan Ronto wrap are pretty good. Most people in my family prefer the vegan one.

DCA

MickEblu’s Turkey Leg and Baguette Special - trust me on this. Go grab a Baguette from the Pacific Wharf bakery. Then go grab a Turkey leg from Poultry Palace at the pier (unless they have a cart off the main DCA Corridor between Avengers Campus and Pacific Wharf serving them) Grab some Mayo, mustard and a knife from either vendor: Walk it all over Flo’s. Sit at one of those tables outside in the shade facing RSR and enjoy. I just make little mini sandwiches and bites with some Turkey leg meat and the fresh bread. Sometimes slather on some mustard/ mayo. Some bites just bread and meat. To make it a complete meal mobile order some of the those great Steak Fries from Flos.
The reason I'm hesitating with Blue Bayou is that nothing on the menu sounds particularly appealing. I like a good filet mignon, but that's really the only thing on the menu that appeals to me, other than the Monte Cristo, which I'm planning on getting at Cafe Orleans anyway. It is also a turnoff that apparently things like gumbo, bread, and salad used to be included in the cost of the meal but are now upcharges. It's not that I can't pay for those things, but it's the principle of the matter.

Storytellers isn't really my doing, but my friend (who's been to WDW several times but never DLR) wants a character meal. Of the options at DLR, IF character interactions aren't 100% normal, and the food becomes a more important part of the experience, Storytellers sounds like the least bad option. I basically commandeered the rest of the dining so I can't really dump Storytellers, even if I wouldn't choose to eat there without her.

I like the sound of the food at Ralph Brennan's but because Disney doesn't own it (and thus I can't use Disney gift cards to pay), it's an easy option to cut. I suppose if GCH Craftsman has a counter service option that has basically the same menu as the sitdown, I have no real incentive to keep the reservation there either. So those seem like easy cuts.

Plaza Inn-there's a part of me that (probably irrationally?) wants the classic experience exactly-chicken, biscuit, mashed potatoes and thinks that we can get a viewing spot pretty easily for the second showing. So I suppose my question is this-how is the food that's exclusive to the package?

I've actually never had Bengal BBQ but I'm definitely open to it. Tropical Hideaway too (in fact, I like the idea of getting a float with a nice little appetizer in one go). Anything especially excellent at those places? Concina Cucamonga actually sounds like it has genuinely improved their menu, but how many tacos do you get per order? I might think about that baguette special too.

No Little Red Wagon for a corn dog?
I'm not a corndog person. Granted, it's been awhile (at least a decade) since I've had a corndog anywhere, but I'm not a huge fan or corn or hot dogs, so for me the combination is suspect in any context. I don't know if I'm entirely against trying it, and if the opportunity arises I may go for it, but the very idea of a corndog grosses me out a little. If I did get a corn dog, are the ones at Corn Dog Castle the same as the ones on Main Street, or are they different?
@PiratesMansion Black Tap is also a good choice for counter service. The last burger I got there was the Wagyu burger cooked Medium no A1 sauce and it was pretty good. PB shake is great too.

Naples isn’t a bad table service option. Now that I tried Napolini (the quick service option next door) I’m more confident recommending it. I’d have to imagine the table service would be even better. Pizza might be a nice change of pace from the food in the parks and hotels since you’d be smart to avoid all the terrible pizza in the parks.

Couple notes on Cafe Orleans. Menu has changed a bit recently and not for the better. Shrimp and cheese grits are gone. You can now only get pomme frittes with the Montecristo. It’s not available as an app anymore. Those were two biggies for me but they have they still have the Gumbo and location so I’d still recommend it. Plus the Montecristo which is not exactly my cup of tea but I do enjoy it from time to time. Also ask the waiter for some jam. We had a nice waiter who gave us some raspberry or blackberry jam To Go when we heard we were going to Mint Julep bar for Beignets. Dipping every few bites in the jam was a game changer.
I did Black Tap in Vegas in March. It was fine, but I wasn't tremendously impressed with the burger or the cake crazy shake for the price I paid.

I'm going to pass on Naples because I wasn't a fan of Via Napoli either time I tried it. I know there are people who say they are different, but I've also heard enough people say that they're basically equivalent that I'm leery.

Previously I would always order pomme frites and the monte cristo together anyway, so that actually might actually save me a little money! Love the jam. Interestingly, they are not advertising the beignets as an option at Cafe Orleans at the moment; ideally I can still order them at the restaurant, but if not I suppose I can just go to the Mint Julep bar and get them there.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The reason I'm hesitating with Blue Bayou is that nothing on the menu sounds particularly appealing. I like a good filet mignon, but that's really the only thing on the menu that appeals to me, other than the Monte Cristo, which I'm planning on getting at Cafe Orleans anyway. It is also a turnoff that apparently things like gumbo, bread, and salad used to be included in the cost of the meal but are now upcharges. It's not that I can't pay for those things, but it's the principle of the matter.

Storytellers isn't really my doing, but my friend (who's been to WDW several times but never DLR) wants a character meal. Of the options at DLR, IF character interactions aren't 100% normal, and the food becomes a more important part of the experience, Storytellers sounds like the least bad option. I basically commandeered the rest of the dining so I can't really dump Storytellers, even if I wouldn't choose to eat there without her.

I like the sound of the food at Ralph Brennan's but because Disney doesn't own it (and thus I can't use Disney gift cards to pay), it's an easy option to cut. I suppose if GCH Craftsman has a counter service option that has basically the same menu as the sitdown, I have no real incentive to keep the reservation there either. So those seem like easy cuts.

Plaza Inn-there's a part of me that (probably irrationally?) wants the classic experience exactly-chicken, biscuit, mashed potatoes and thinks that we can get a viewing spot pretty easily for the second showing. So I suppose my question is this-how is the food that's exclusive to the package?

I've actually never had Bengal BBQ but I'm definitely open to it. Tropical Hideaway too (in fact, I like the idea of getting a float with a nice little appetizer in one go). Anything especially excellent at those places? Concina Cucamonga actually sounds like it has genuinely improved their menu, but how many tacos do you get per order? I might think about that baguette special too.

I'm not a corndog person. Granted, it's been awhile (at least a decade) since I've had a corndog anywhere, but I'm not a huge fan or corn or hot dogs, so for me the combination is suspect in any context. I don't know if I'm entirely against trying it, and if the opportunity arises I may go for it, but the very idea of a corndog grosses me out a little. If I did get a corn dog, are the ones at Corn Dog Castle the same as the ones on Main Street, or are they different?

I did Black Tap in Vegas in March. It was fine, but I wasn't tremendously impressed with the burger or the cake crazy shake for the price I paid.

I'm going to pass on Naples because I wasn't a fan of Via Napoli either time I tried it. I know there are people who say they are different, but I've also heard enough people say that they're basically equivalent that I'm leery.

Previously I would always order pomme frites and the monte cristo together anyway, so that actually might actually save me a little money! Love the jam. Interestingly, they are not advertising the beignets as an option at Cafe Orleans at the moment; ideally I can still order them at the restaurant, but if not I suppose I can just go to the Mint Julep bar and get them there.

I say go to Blue Bayou and get the filet. At least you re going in not expecting the food to be amazing. You might be pleasantly surprised and still get to cross it off your list and enjoy the ambiance.

Point taken on Storytellers.

I prefer the classic Plaza Inn Chicken dinner meal to the dining package. The mashed potato’s were missed and I prefer the green beans to the carrots. The snoky Mac n cheese was Ok. I also prefer the dry biscuit to the cornbread that comes with dining package. They re both bad but biscuit is better.

I don’t think anything is really excellent at either Bengal BBQ or Tropical Hideway. Any of the skewers are serviceable. I think I prefer the spicy beef. The bacon wrapped asparagus is good but the bacon is rarely if ever crispy enough. The pork egg rolls if they still have them at Tropical Hideway are good. I prefer just a regular dole whip to the floats with all the toppings. I got float once for the Jungle Cruise boat bowl and I regretted it. Too much going on and too sweet.

Definitely do the baguette special!

I think all the other tacos at Cocina Cucamonga are gross and usually served cold. I’m only vouching for the Birria tacos which are actually quite good. They come in an order of two with the consommé to dip. They re a little on the small side so maybe two orders if you re really hungry with an order of the lime rice which isn’t bad. Or you could do 3 orders split between the both of you.

Black Tap isn’t my favorite burger but it’s the best burger at DLR unless their is some good burger at Carthay or Napa Rose I don’t know about. Yes a little overpriced but almost everything is at DLR. I’ve also had to send my first order back a couple times but in the second go around the manager makes sure it’s cooked right. They re so busy the quality control gets lost sometimes. With that said the rest of my family never sends anything back and just eats and enjoys what they get. Lol

I haven’t actually eaten at Naples but the Margherita I got at Napolini exceeded my expectations. I just figured on a 5 day trip a decent pizza might be a nice change of pace. Of course I’m not sure where you re staying. My family friends place in Fullerton, Fuoco Pizzeria is down the street in downtown Fullerton and consistently rated as the one of if not the best pizzeria in Orange County. This would only be if you were REALLY in the mood for authentic Napoletan pizza and had extra time. It’s about 15 min from DL.

They re currently not serving beignets at Cafe Orleans either. Mint Julep is the only place you can get them inside DL.

waltography

I wish they'd just add the pommes frites to Royal Street Veranda. It's not like the Veranda has any unique menu items anyway—I can get gumbo at French Market or Cafe Orleans and (when they used to sell them) beignets at the Mint Julep Bar.

They'd make such a killing too; it would be like when the Conestoga Wagon sold McDonald's fries in the parks.

I don’t think anything is really excellent at either Bengal BBQ or Tropical Hideway. Any of the skewers are serviceable. I think I prefer the spicy beef. The bacon wrapped asparagus is good but the bacon is rarely if ever crispy enough. The pork egg rolls if they still have them at Tropical Hideway are good. I prefer just a regular dole whip to the floats with all the toppings. I got float once for the Jungle Cruise boat bowl and I regretted it. Too much going on and too sweet.
Are you talking about the Twisted Ambush or like a proper float with the pineapple juice? I really liked the Ambush; the candied hibiscus was extra but the Pocky sticks and mango/pineapple chunks were really good as a dessert to share.

1657763930133.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
I wish they'd just add the pommes frites to Royal Street Veranda. It's not like the Veranda has any unique menu items anyway—I can get gumbo at French Market or Cafe Orleans and (when they used to sell them) beignets at the Mint Julep Bar.

They'd make such a killing too; it would be like when the Conestoga Wagon sold McDonald's fries in the parks.

Are you talking about the Twisted Ambush or like a proper float with the pineapple juice? I really liked the Ambush; the candied hibiscus was extra but the Pocky sticks and mango/pineapple chunks were really good as a dessert to share.

View attachment 653071

I think it was the ambush. It was just too much going on for me.

Consumer

What happened to the Knott's Stagecoach on the pathway from Frontierland to Galaxy's Edge? It was missing when I was there on Sunday.

truecoat

I wish I could answer this as I have not had one at the Corn Dog Castle but the ones on Main Street are da bomb. I get one every time as they are usually fairly fresh due to the constant line of people. These corndogs are pretty big and better than most. You not liking hot dogs or the cornmeal they are fried in might detract from the meal.

Californian Elitist

Gotcha. The corn dogs at Corn Dog Castle are good, but the Little Red Wagon ones are better. If corn dogs gross you out, I wouldn’t bother! The hot dogs they use are pretty big and they use a lot of batter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom