The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
While I'm here: I've been starting to watch the Disneyland app to see if anything's changed/unusual from my last visit, and despite some escalated LL-related drama that's been popping up, I have to say that what is being shown on the app looks like, for the most part, typical summer waits from pre-2020 times.

THAT SAID: what's the deal with the train? I feel like it never used to be a big deal to get on the train and now I'm seeing 30 or 40 minute waits sometimes. Are they just not running enough trains to try and save a buck? Are they refurbing some of the engines? What's going on?

Hmmm I’m not sure if that’s accurate. I don’t ride the train too often but never really wait more than 10-15 minutes.

PiratesMansion

Hmmm I’m not sure if that’s accurate. I don’t ride the train too often but never really wait more than 10-15 minutes.
I can only speak for what the app has been showing me when I've been checking. I'm sure it's giving me the worst time at any of the stations, but it is making me worry that they're skimping on the number of trains being run at a time. 30-40 minute waits being listed was giving me post traumatic Disneyland Paris poor-ops flashbacks.

I have no idea if this is based in reality or just a gut feeling on my part, but I do feel like over the years the waits for the train have gotten a *bit* longer on average. But I could well just be imagining things in that regard.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I can only speak for what the app has been showing me when I've been checking. I'm sure it's giving me the worst time at any of the stations, but it is making me worry that they're skimping on the number of trains being run at a time. 30-40 minute waits being listed was giving me post traumatic Disneyland Paris poor-ops flashbacks.

I have no idea if this is based in reality or just a gut feeling on my part, but I do feel like over the years the waits for the train have gotten a *bit* longer on average. But I could well just be imagining things in that regard.

I don’t really have any long term data on the train so you could be right. I want to say they’ve been running 3 trains at a time. If true, that would be one under there average?

If they were running 3 trains it would be less than a 10-15 minute wait right?

Disney Analyst

It has been this way as long as I have known Pirates of the Caribbean. How did you not know this?

I’m not a local… and only first went to Disneyland when I was a kid in 2001 and POTC was down for refurb… and then when I went back in 2011 as a young adult I was just so excited to finally ride POTC I think I fully blacked out until it was on the ride? (Also it was January and I don’t think we ever waited for the ride).

Mickey's Pal

I know that pretty much nobody makes 15 minute boat rides like POTC anymore but man DCA could use something like it. I’d take an 8 minute boat ride.
DCA could use several rides like Pirates. Despite the changes it is still essential Disneyland. Along with Haunted Mansion. The auction scene is just atrocious now. I don't even hate the idea of making Redd a pirate but..hens?? 10 for a hen?? Disney could have re-imagined it better. Still love the ride though.

Mickey's Pal

I’m not a local… and only first went to Disneyland when I was a kid in 2001 and POTC was down for refurb… and then when I went back in 2011 as a young adult I was just so excited to finally ride POTC I think I fully blacked out until it was on the ride? (Also it was January and I don’t think we ever waited for the ride).
Ah. Makes sense now. I used to be a local. Moved away years ago but going back with the fam next month. Omg were the tickets expensive.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I am taking the wife and kids next month for the first time in a long time. Gonna be my wife's first time on Pirates. I hope I haven't hyped it too much for her.

Haha I hope not. I’m not sure first time adult riders in 2022 appreciate it the same way as kids or first time adult back in the 60 and 70s but no matter how you slice it, it’s a fantastic ride. I guess it just depends on how much you have been hyping it up.

mickEblu

Original Poster
DCA could use several rides like Pirates. Despite the changes it is still essential Disneyland. Along with Haunted Mansion. The auction scene is just atrocious now. I don't even hate the idea of making Redd a pirate but..hens?? 10 for a hen?? Disney could have re-imagined it better. Still love the ride though.

Yeah as terrible as the auction scene dialogue is the ride is still great. Plus the bayou through the pirate ship battle is still perfection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom