The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

britain

A wonderful post, friend!

Walt's approach to theme parks is one that Imagineering since has failed to truly capture. A place that is pleasant to simply be. Whether it be New Orleans Square, Main Street USA, or Fantasyland, I am pleased to walk around and enjoy the sights, sounds, and scents. But in a place like Galaxy's Edge, I am caught up in details and a hunger for attractions. But do I desire to be on Batuu? No, I'm afraid not. I'd be much greater pleased sitting peacefully beside Snow White's Grotto than observing the details of war-torn, time ravaged Galaxy's Edge. And what is the cost difference a simply garden of water and marble sculpture to a land of mechanical marvels? If Disney were to return to its simpler roots, they would both create a better park and save cost (and, ideally, cut the price of admission).

But, regretfully, Walt's Disneyland is dead. A park I'd pay admission for just to sit around replaced by one where every attraction must be hit in order to get one's money's worth. Unfortunate, but true. I will say, from about 2012 to 2015, DCA tapped that spot. Its attractions were lackluster, but the ambience of Buena Vista Street, Paradise Pier, Grizzly Peak, and Cars Land were enchanting. Not as perfect as old school Disneyland, of course, but charming in its own right.

But don’t mistake, I really like just “being” in Galaxy’s Edge too! I like sitting there, soaking in the sounds, the atmosphere.

I think it helps that it is not “Main Street” for DL or DHS. It is very far back in both parks. Maybe psychologically, we can take more “spice” in the immersion when it’s after a lot of beauty and reassurance?

It would not be pleasant to walk straight from the streets of Anaheim into a trashy droid junkyard.

It’s things like this that make me roll my eyes at anyone whoever suggests a villains park.

truecoat

But don’t mistake, I really like just “being” in Galaxy’s Edge too! I like sitting there, soaking in the sounds, the atmosphere.

I think it helps that it is not “Main Street” for DL or DHS. It is very far back in both parks. Maybe psychologically, we can take more “spice” in the immersion when it’s after a lot of beauty and reassurance?

It would not be pleasant to walk straight from the streets of Anaheim into a trashy droid junkyard.

It’s things like this that make me roll my eyes at anyone whoever suggests a villains park.

One quick fix for me would be music in GE. The music in Star Wars was a part of it's legacy. Not to have the music playing in the land is a blunder.

Mac Tonight

We have the Braves right where we want em. Down 3-1 (now 3-2) with Scherzer and Buehler coming up. The World (or at least LA) needs that Astros/ Dodgers rematch.

Make it happen Dodgers… and MLB/umpires. Lol
No. No they don't.

But you're right about the umpires. Dodgers might not have even advanced to the NLCS if not for bad umpiring.

Mac Tonight

Oh stop. You don’t have a dog in this fight. Lol

What bad umpiring? The very last call of Game 5?
Huh? Diehard Braves fan here. Very much have a dog in the fight. lol.

And yes, the first base ump gift they got on that game-ending "swing". He even later admitted he got the call wrong.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Huh? Diehard Braves fan here. Very much have a dog in the fight. lol.

And yes, the first base ump gift they got on that game-ending "swing". He even later admitted he got the call wrong.

Oh really? Why have you done this to yourself? Lol. You re not from Atlanta are you? It’s interesting to me because usually when someone picks a team not from their city to root for they re front running or picking popular teams like the Yankees or Cowboys.

He got the call wrong but do you really think it would have changed the outcome? Especially with Max pitching and how cold Flores was. Plus it was karma for the bad call we got v the Giants earlier this season that would have had us winning the NL West which of course led to a crappy domino effect of things for us like playing a wild card game and starting the NLCS on the road vs a team that won 18 less games. The Braves should be kissing the Giants and the that umpires @$$ right now. Otherwise we re probably up 3-2 now or maybe already in the World Series

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Oh really? Why have you done this to yourself? Lol. You re not from Atlanta are you? It’s interesting to me because usually when someone picks a team not from their city to root for they re front running or picking popular teams like the Yankees or Cowboys.

He got the call wrong but do you really think it would have changed the outcome? Especially with Max pitching and how cold Flores was. Plus it was karma for the bad call we got v the Giants in our last regular season game that would have had us winning the NL West which of course led to a crappy domino effect of things for us like playing a wild card game and starting the NLDS on the road vs a team that won 18 less games. The Braves should be kissing the Giants and the that umpires @$$ right now. Otherwise we re probably up 3-2 now or maybe already in the World Series
I've been a Braves fan since the mid-90's when they were broadcast on TBS. Even though I've lived in LA since 94, I never managed to grow a fondness for LA sports. Only was a Lakers fan briefly during their run with Shaq, and that's only because I was originally a Shaq fan from living in Orlando in the early 90's.

I'll give you that Flores might have just swung and missed at the next pitch anyways, but you just can't end a game, let alone an entire team's season, on a missed call.

And if we're talking about bad calls, the Braves owned the season record of being screwed over by replay reviews that were apparent to everyone in the stadium, but not the people in NY. #AlecBohmstillnevertouchedhomeplate

Also, NO CHANCE the Dodgers would have swept the Braves had they had home field advantage... 🤣

mickEblu

Original Poster
I've been a Braves fan since the mid-90's when they were broadcast on TBS. Even though I've lived in LA since 94, I never managed to grow a fondness for LA sports. Only was a Lakers fan briefly during their run with Shaq, and that's only because I was originally a Shaq fan from living in Orlando in the early 90's.

I'll give you that Flores might have just swung and missed at the next pitch anyways, but you just can't end a game, let alone an entire team's season, on a missed call.

And if we're talking about bad calls, the Braves owned the season record of being screwed over by replay reviews that were apparent to everyone in the stadium, but not the people in NY. #AlecBohmstillnevertouchedhomeplate

Also, NO CHANCE the Dodgers would have swept the Braves had they had home field advantage... 🤣

Hahah. No sweep but I could see us winning the series 4-1 or 4-2. It’s not just Home Field but how the Wild Card game threw off our pitching rotation.

Yeah not a great way to go out for the Giants but like I said it was karma for earlier in the year.

Mac Tonight

Hahah. No sweep but I could see us winning the series 4-1 or 4-2. It’s not just Home Field but how the Wild Card game threw off our pitching rotation.

Yeah not a great way to to out for the Giants but like I said it was karma for earlier in the year.
Well, none of that matters now... it all comes down to this weekend. Good luck!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Sharing this cool picture of my wife’s cousin and his niece at GE. I’m sure it’s been done before but the staging and body posture is pretty perfect. He also got some good hang time.

3A6D4F52-E6BC-4512-8C71-11B72D8B215C.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom