The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Because the DCA ride skipped right to the good stuff.

I’ve kind of come to the same conclusion in my humble never having ridden the WDW version opinion. The outdoor queue looks pretty awesome at WDW and the building itself is much nicer but the ride experience itself just seems more solid. Going from the Star field effect scene straight into a drop was pretty cool.

I really miss that ride and the great music playing in the queue. What a bummer.

mickEblu

Original Poster
This 65th anni sweater design must have been green lit before the Frog Mountain announcement. Bonus points for no Galaxies Edge.

It’s been very off putting seeing them eliminate the Splash icon from certain merchandise

6F3E26B0-30C3-43A2-B8DC-EBF0AEB697E2.jpeg

Rich T

View attachment 508088

I found Reduced Fat Jif for the first time in The Pandemic. I thought maybe all you panic-buying toilet paper nuts bought it all up, but apparently they had stopped making it! Hopefully this isn't an isolated incident (the containers are slightly damaged giving one the impression these were old stock found by a clerk crushed underneath other stuff in a warehouse) and they're getting it out again.
I think Reduced Fat Jif tastes much better than regular Jif. My current missing-from-shelves favorites are Red Baron Deep Dish Singles Four Cheese Pizzas. That empty space in the store frozen section has been mocking me for five months.

SuddenStorm

This 65th anni sweater design must have been green lit before the Frog Mountain announcement. Bonus points for no Galaxies Edge.

It’s been very off putting seeing them eliminate the Splash icon from certain merchandise

View attachment 508237

Why does it say Resort if it only has Disneyland Park attractions?

But it is nice to see Splash on something.

Also, those Toontown Hills are no more!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

View attachment 508237
Right? It has suddenly become the red headed step child. Its really repulsive how they have treated its existence. I would buy that up along with any other Splash Mountain shirts I could find and everytime I go to the parks I would wear it as a reminder of the biggest mistake they ever made. (by mistake I mean re-theming the ride)

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Disneyland Logo on that sweater looks to be far closer to the '50s style logo than the modern one. I actually really like this. And, at least the Resort is in blue ink on a blue sweater- so it's not super noticeable.

I kind of like it too. Overall the logo and style of the 65th merch has looked vintage and pleasant. If you re interested, they re selling these at box lunch

SuddenStorm

I kind of like it too. Overall the logo and style of the 65th merch has looked vintage and pleasant. If you re interested, they re selling these at box lunch

They have an awesome 65 lunchbox at target-

1603589931472.png

But it looks like this one doesn't have Splash. I'm holding to my 'no merchandise' pledge for now.

Edit to add- whoever's designing this stuff is brilliant. Vintage logo and as minimal DCA as marketing would probably let them get away with.

Rich T

Wanna put in one last plug for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 on Nintendo Switch. What a brilliant port!
818BCE64-9FF5-4693-AA04-FD0F0C8880B9.jpeg

I “Tycooned” every scenario and finally finished a full sandbox park with a ridiculous number of rides... and the frame rate holds up very well! All the coaster POVs still run smoothly! If you own a Switch, RCT3 is absolutely worth the 30 bucks. It’s as charming and addictive as ever.

Now... just a couple of weeks ‘till Planet Coaster on Xbox & Playstation!!! 😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom