The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

BasiltheBatLord

I hate these lottery systems Disney is using for rides now. The boarding groups for RotR seems so annoying to have to participate in to get to ride, and having a random lottery you can try for once a day for BatB sounds frustrating. What if you only have one or two days to visit and don't get lucky both days? I honestly think I'd prefer if Disney just went the route they always have with new rides opening and let the line go long but don't leave it to chance. RotR at least is first come first serve so it is closer to first to arrive first to ride to some extent but you can still arrive 30 minutes before opening and get in the last groups and possibly not ride. A completely random lottery system sounds even worse. I don't know, it seems like these trackless rides just don't have good capacity and while they look like they can be fun they seem inefficient and over used in rides that could benefit from having a different ride system to enhance both the ride experience and the capacity.
TDR (and Japan in general) has a history of using lottery systems for whatever reason. The popular Big Band Beat show at DisneySea has been using a lottery system for at least a couple years now if not longer, and a lottery ticket is also the only way to ride either Soarin' or Midway Mania at DisneySea right now for some reason.

You're right that this is even worse than the RotR boarding pass system because it's 100% random and isn't based on anything whatsoever. The RotR system is at least first-come-first-serve, which in theory rewards those who show up to the park early, even if in practice it's a bit wonky.

OLC is claiming that the lottery for BatB is for Coronavirus reasons, but honestly I don't believe that. Even if the park was at full capacity right now the demand for BatB would be so insane that I bet they'd be doing some kind of reservation system regardless.

George Lucas on a Bench

Here in America, the Disneyland resort area is still shut down in another heat wave. An entire Summer of no business. The Summer of Love turned out to be worse than the Summer of Star Wars. All of this would have seemed impossible a year ago. While there are more cars on the road driving by like psychopaths and you can walk in to Downtown Disney, something I still have no desire to do, it still feels like the end of the world in the Disneyland area. We may be asking for many years if this was all worth it.

20200929_103856.jpg
20200929_103952.jpg
20200929_104208.jpg
20200929_104352.jpg
20200929_105217.jpg
20200929_110534.jpg
20200929_111440.jpg
20200929_112251.jpg
20200929_112402.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Maybe I’m jealous. Maybe I wish that I was the kind of person who had the patience to reverse into a parking spot. I just feel there is too many damn people trying to get places to do that Kind of stuff where I live. Maybe I wish I had that sort of unawareness.

SplashGhost

I have never been to TDR, but at this point, I would say it would probably be my favorite Disney resort if I ever did visit. The BATB ride looks like crap, but it looks like they might have the only version of Splash Mountain left in a few years. I think having Splash along with TDS would make me like it more than the other resorts.

The main thing that I don't like about TDR is that supposedly their Tower of Terror is really tame compared to the other versions. The theming of it looks great, it is just a shame they made the rest of it so tame.

Rich T

I honestly feel sorry for Disneyland fans. Disneyland's been closed for MONTHS.
Yeah, but... then there’re those of us who never visit more than once a year anyway. And, seriously, most states have theme parks that close for months every year. I feel sorry for the employees and Anaheim business owners, but for fans? .... It’s just entertainment. Fans can do something else temporarily.

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

I have never been to TDR, but at this point, I would say it would probably be my favorite Disney resort if I ever did visit. The BATB ride looks like crap, but it looks like they might have the only version of Splash Mountain left in a few years. I think having Splash along with TDS would make me like it more than the other resorts.

The main thing that I don't like about TDR is that supposedly their Tower of Terror is really tame compared to the other versions. The theming of it looks great, it is just a shame they made the rest of it so tame.
It's about on par with the original California version of Tower, maybe slightly more tame. It's still a fun ride and the best themed version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom