The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, seems like all the Disneyland closure threads are being evicted, so I guess I'll just leave these here.

20200925_101446.jpg

20200925_101437.jpg

20200925_101510.jpg

20200925_095615.jpg
20200925_095720.jpg
20200925_093544.jpg
20200925_093338.jpg
20200925_093435.jpg

20200925_093655.jpg

20200925_100619.jpg

Last edited:

Rich T

WILDEST THEME PARK HOTEL EVER!

Phantasialand’s new steampunk Charles Lindbergh hotel is NUTS in the best way! Though accessed from the street, it not only extends into the park’s new Rookburgh area, it actually sits In the middle of the park’s new coaster while also providing theming and live background characters (the hotel guests) for the new land. The tracks burrow through the structure and zip alongside the hotel walkways, rooms snd restaurant. Riders fly within a few feet of hotel guests on the balconies.

From the narrow, cylindrical airship passenger rooms to the insane level of detailed storytelling, this hotel looks unique and absolutely smazing. Never seen anything like this. Bucket list!!!!

Mind completely blown starting at 31:14 in the video.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Disney announces that the next D23 Expo will take place in 2022

27 minutes ago in "D23 - Official Fan Organization"

Disney is betting on a return to normal for 2022 as it plans to host its next D23 Expo in Anaheim.

D23 Expo 2019

The company announced this evening that the D23 Expo will be held September 9 - 11 2022 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

According to the update, D23 Expo 2022 will be a celebration unlike any other, and will give fans a first look at plans for the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So I just saw a vlog (DSNY) that showed Belles village, the beautiful Beast Castles facade and the very detailed interior castle queue and I think I may have been a little harsh on the new BatB ride. Of course this doesn’t really change the ride experience and may even work against itself as it could build guest expectation through the roof but I now have a much more compete picture of the whole attraction/ mini land. Really great work by WDI... up until the ride experience. After watching it again today for the third time I think the Be our Guest scene is fine as it continues to build as opposed to the long, static Something There scene. Still think they needed to build some suspense before throwing you into that scene. I think with just a little more build up though the west wing etc before Be our Guest, a couple more intimate hallway / bedroom scenes scenes between all the dancing and a proper climax and it could have been a really great and well rounded attraction. They just had to break up all the sing along / dancing stuff.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

So I just saw a vlog (DSNY) that showed Belles village, the beautiful Beast Castles facade and the very detailed interior castle queue and I think I may have been a little harsh on the new BatB ride. Of course this doesn’t really change the ride experience and may even work against itself as it could build guest expectation through the roof but I now have a much more compete picture of the whole attraction/ mini land. Really great work by WDI... up until the ride experience. After watching it again today for the third time I think the Be our Guest scene is fine as it continues to build as opposed to the long, static Something There scene. Still think they needed to build some suspense before throwing you into that scene. I think with just a little more build up though the west wing etc before Be our Guest, a couple more intimate hallway / bedroom scenes scenes between all the dancing and a proper climax and it could have been a really great and well rounded attraction. They just had to break up all the sing along / dancing stuff.
I don't get why the castle on the outside its the unchanted version but once we get inside the castle is enchanted and later on the ride we see the castle go from enchaned to normal. why didn't they build the un-chanted version for the outside?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom