The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Well remember she claims he didn’t steal it and it was planted in his stolen suit jacket. But it’s easy to come to that conclusion when you’re madly in love with the guy. Ultimately we’ll never know.
well the movie does show the dude placing it in Leo's pocket, so there is that.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

But then there is the ending where we see her throw it in the ocean and that is not a retelling that is showing what is currently happening at the present time.

No Name

But then there is the ending where we see her throw it in the ocean and that is not a retelling that is showing what is currently happening at the present time.

Right, but that’s because when they found the Heart of the Ocean in Jack’s stolen coat pocket, Rose’s fiancé Cal took it back. Then for some reason Cal put it in her pocket, which he realizes and regrets when she runs away from him while the ship is sinking.

note2001

Right, but that’s because when they found the Heart of the Ocean in Jack’s stolen coat pocket, Rose’s fiancé Cal took it back. Then for some reason Cal put it in her pocket, which he realizes and regrets when she runs away from him while the ship is sinking.
Just popped in here and read this out of context thinking "Heart of the Ocean?" "Jack Sparrow?" Rose sounded like one of Jack's ... um... ladies, and who is cal? Which sinking ship?

Bed time. Way past time, it is.

George Lucas on a Bench

giphy (1)-1.gif

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Pet Peeve: Vloggers who stick a photo of their face overeacting cartoonishly in every single Youtube thumbnail they post (I’m angry! I’m puzzled! I’m shocked! Wuuut?) This has got go stop. It’s making the human race look stupid.
Here,here!! I heartedly agree with you good sir. Its cliche and soo annoying and amatuerish.

smooch

What the heck, I took a break for about a week and a half and come back to find out TROR was banned? I'm not surprised considering I've seen him continue to go against moderators after they try to stop certain discussions, but I am gonna miss his contributions to the forum. Not gonna lie, when I started lurking on this site last June his name and avatar were the first that stuck out to me and got me to start remembering people on the forum while I lurked. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but it is pretty sad seeing someone who apparently has been around for years get banned. I'm just curious, is there any way to appeal a ban on this website? I know for some places you can submit a request to appeal a ban and have your case reviewed, I just have no idea about the specifics on this site.

Also, speaking of miscellaneous thoughts, my new turntable arrives this Friday, if anyone here is interested it's a U-Turn Orbit Custom. I have a decent size collection (around 150) records and most are made up of older / some original pressings of lots of classic rock like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. that I have been cleaning up over the past few days in anticipation of the turntable arriving. I only had a cheap all in one player before and used it maybe 10 times in 2 years because of how bad it sounded, so I'm so excited to finally get something that will sound good! I'll post a picture here when I get it all set up I'm sure, I'm just excited to listen to my records while I browse these forums / relax. In a little over two weeks I'll be 21 and I can finally enjoy a nice drink while I listen to records and browse here, which is perfect since I most likely won't return to working in person in the office til 2021 and my next semester is all online so I will basically just be continuing my quarantine til the end of the year.

smooch

Oh, another miscellaneous thought, but a few days ago I finally received my copy of Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch and it has been a blast playing. It's an exercise RPG game, so you do like turn based attack combat but your skills are you doing exercises with a resistance plastic circle thing with a controller attached and one in a strap on your leg to track motion and such. It's been very fun so far and I have definitely been extremely lazy for the past few months, I have had barely any physical activity and I'm not proud of it. But this is a really genuinely fun way to get in a surprisingly intense workout depending how long you play and at what difficulty. If anyone has a Switch and has been looking for a fun way to be active I would recommend it 100%, it is just kinda out of stock everywhere so check restock alert websites like I did, it took me like a week straight of trying each day to finally grab one for retail ($80) off Amazon instead of paying $130 to a re-seller.

Communicora

Premium Member
What the heck, I took a break for about a week and a half and come back to find out TROR was banned? I'm not surprised considering I've seen him continue to go against moderators after they try to stop certain discussions, but I am gonna miss his contributions to the forum. Not gonna lie, when I started lurking on this site last June his name and avatar were the first that stuck out to me and got me to start remembering people on the forum while I lurked. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but it is pretty sad seeing someone who apparently has been around for years get banned. I'm just curious, is there any way to appeal a ban on this website? I know for some places you can submit a request to appeal a ban and have your case reviewed, I just have no idea about the specifics on this site.

Also, speaking of miscellaneous thoughts, my new turntable arrives this Friday, if anyone here is interested it's a U-Turn Orbit Custom. I have a decent size collection (around 150) records and most are made up of older / some original pressings of lots of classic rock like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. that I have been cleaning up over the past few days in anticipation of the turntable arriving. I only had a cheap all in one player before and used it maybe 10 times in 2 years because of how bad it sounded, so I'm so excited to finally get something that will sound good! I'll post a picture here when I get it all set up I'm sure, I'm just excited to listen to my records while I browse these forums / relax. In a little over two weeks I'll be 21 and I can finally enjoy a nice drink while I listen to records and browse here, which is perfect since I most likely won't return to working in person in the office til 2021 and my next semester is all online so I will basically just be continuing my quarantine til the end of the year.
Congratulations on the new turntable! I love listening to music on vinyl. I actually pay attention and listen to an album all of the way through.

smooch

Congratulations on the new turntable! I love listening to music on vinyl. I actually pay attention and listen to an album all of the way through.

Thank you, that's what I'm excited for! Yes I said I would play music while browsing the forums but I mainly plan to work through my collection and focus on the music. I have a large stack from the 100 or so classic rock records I was gifted that I have not heard before that I am excited to work my way through and if I enjoy them move them from the "?" section of my collection to either the "decent classic rock" section or the "amazing classic rock" section. What kind of turntable do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Also my friend has a dual turntable setup and he and some friends like to hang out, have some beers or wine or something, each bring like 20 records or so, and take turns playing a song or few songs from their records that fit the vibe. It sounds so fun and he knows since I am just getting my turntable I'm excited about my collection so we may hang out just us two and do that or have like one or two other friends over as well, it seems like a fun way to share our collections / find new music while getting to socialize and have some drinks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Technically I think Tror is still around lurking on the site. I see his account still logging in. I just think he is not able to post. He probably could appeal his ban after a period of time. But the mods would probably require him to stay away from certain topics otherwise he'd be banned permanently. It might not be worth it for him. He is opinionated and wants to express that opinion. And just like here ultimately got banned from MiceChat forums also for not following the rules a couple years ago. He just hasn't learned yet when to stop, and that just comes with age. He is still rather young, both in age and mentality. He is only a year or so older than you. So hopefully from this experience he learns and is able to come back in the future and be more chill about the opinions he expresses. But I wish him luck in life, and hope he stays safe out there. :)

Phroobar

Technically I think Tror is still around lurking on the site. I see his account still logging in. I just think he is not able to post. He probably could appeal his ban after a period of time. But the mods would probably require him to stay away from certain topics otherwise he'd be banned permanently. It might not be worth it for him. He is opinionated and wants to express that opinion. And just like here ultimately got banned from MiceChat forums also for not following the rules a couple years ago. He just hasn't learned yet when to stop, and that just comes with age. He is still rather young, both in age and mentality. He is only a year or so older than you. So hopefully from this experience he learns and is able to come back in the future and be more chill about the opinions he expresses. But I wish him luck in life, and hope he stays safe out there. :)
I wonder if he made a donation to be a premium member would they let him back in? Would $70 a year give immunity from the mods? Probably not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom