The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

lazyboy97o

I hear people talking about something called "Blue Sky" on here a lot with no context for those not informed. So can someone explain to me as if I were 5, what "Blue Sky" is?
See Page 6:

In themed entertainment design, Blue Sky is the first of the five phases of design where projects are first conceived. The name comes from the idea that the process is supposed to be about ideas and not constraints, ”the sky’s the limit.” Projects are typically at their most ambitious and least defined during the Blue Sky phase. A project that never leaves the Blue Sky phase of design was never seriously considered to be built.

Sort Summary of Phases of Design
Blue Sky: Ideation
Concept: Programming, what an idea needs is defined
Schematic Design: Scope and scale is defined
Design Development: Previous is refined and details start being developed
Construction Documentation: Project is fully defined so that it can be constructed.

Last edited:

JD2000

We booked the hotel and park tickets as a package thru disney.go.com. And I understand MagicBands are sent to the hotel when you live outside the United States; but what about the park tickets?

o_O

socalifornian

We booked the hotel and park tickets as a package thru disney.go.com. And I understand MagicBands are sent to the hotel when you live outside the United States; but what about the park tickets?

o_O
Your tickets are your magicbands if you buy them ahead of time. Bob would also like you to put your credit card on there so you ‘don’t think about how much you’re spending.’ You can also get fastpass(es) way ahead of time. For MK I’d prioritize 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and for DAK I’d prioritize Flight of Passage, if you’re trying to be efficient. Not sure which park you’re doing first

Last edited:

JD2000

Your tickets are your magicbands if you buy them ahead of time. Bob would also like you to put your credit card on there so you ‘don’t think about how much your spending.’ You can also get fastpass(es) way ahead of time. For MK I’d prioritize 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and for DAK I’d Prioritize Flight of Passage, if you’re trying to be efficient. Not sure which park you’re doing first
So the proof of tickets is the ONE confirmation number they sent by email? That is for both the hotel and tickets?

And tickets are put on the magicbands automatically?

socalifornian

So the proof of tickets is the ONE confirmation number they sent by email? That is for both the hotel and tickets?

And tickets are put on the magicbands automatically?
The WDW side should be able to give you a better answer but if you bought it all under the same account you should be good. You can login to my Disney experience and make sure. I’ve never actually used the system thanks to some old CM friends 😅

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

See Page 6:

In themed entertainment design, Blue Sky is the first of the five phases of design where projects are first conceived. The name comes from the idea that the process is supposed to be about ideas and not constraints, ”the sky’s the limit.” Projects are typically at their most ambitious and least defined during the Blue Sky phase. A project that never leaves the Blue Sky phase of design was never seriously considered to be built.

Sort Summary of Phases of Design
Blue Sky: Ideation
Concept: Programming, what an idea needs is defined
Schematic Design: Scope and scale is defined
Design Development: Previous is refined and details start being developed
Construction Documentation: Project is fully defined so that it can be constructed.
Thank you

Phroobar

If you live in the Southern California area, buy gas NOW!!!

A refinery fire just happened in Carson (Marathon).

Gas prices are going up.
Gas prices go up as soon as the fire happens even though the effects won't be felt for weeks. Sometimes I think the oil companies sabotage their refineries on purpose.

Rich T

I miss when the Disney brand was fantasy only. Making SW, Marvel, Simpsons, and Pixar "Disney" instead of operating them as separate entities, has ruined the whole brand.

I don’t mind Pixar’s adoption, as Disney Animation had been involved with their feature film story development since Day One. But otherwise I agree: Iger managed to make the word “Disney” as soulless as “Comcast”.

Remember, though, Disney was never just fantasy, as history, non-fantasy fiction, science and nature documentaries had been the majority of the studio’s focus since the 50’s, and that was reflected in Disneyland’s design. The difference was it all came from a studio with a distinctive voice and storytelling style the public recognized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom