The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Suspirian

Just in time for Halloween!

ORLANDO—Six years after acquiring the rights to the 1987 horror classic, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products formally opened its new World Of Agony Monday, a 200-acre sadomasochistic theme park based on the Hellraiser franchise. “As soon as guests crawl through the main entrance, they’ll be transported to a searing nether realm where skinless demons roam free and the boundary between pain and pleasure is all but erased,” said company president George Kalogridis, noting that visitors would be inundated with sounds and visuals designed to short-circuit their senses and make them feel as though at any moment a Cenobite could jump through a wall and flay them alive. “Without giving too much away, I’ll say there’s a 10-story plunge into a pit of real lava, a nipple-clipped adventure through an alternate dimension, and a food court serving a wide range of inedible toxic treats. And be sure to stick around, because every day at 5 p.m., there will be a chain-bound parade of mutant sex fiends down Maim Street U.S.A.” Kalogridis added that park pass—which also includes access to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom—was $79.99 but could also be paid for in blood.

Anjin

I can't wait for the vloggers to get in. Tim Tracker's "And now it's time to pay the price" would take on a whole new meaning. 🤣

Phroobar

Sounds like any Six Flags park.

Phroobar

OC Auto Show at the Anaheim Convention Center is Oct 3-6. Here is a site with a free ticket (per email address)

Give it about thirty seconds to show up. You can only get one ticket per email address. The promo code is hbcdjr
Fill in all the fields and press tab on the password field. It will ask for a phone to text the ticket to. Press register.

It’s not a very well designed ticket site.

socalifornian

Data from a Beach Blvd survey I took
57314905-3637-41A7-960A-FF31550D3843.jpeg3B9D8098-E428-4313-992D-98E48EBEC454.jpeg

truecoat

If Disney bought Apple the first thing they would do is fire Steve Jobs or he would quit in frustration. Then he could go back to working at NeXT and give us a really good computer. Apple would go the way of the Muppets, Lucasfilm and Pixar. Mismanaged into the ground and lose their creative people.

It would have been the other way around. By 2010 a year before Jobs died, Apple was worth 4 times what Disney was and it hasn't really changed today.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Took the monorail into DL for the first time in a while last week and wow there is still a whole lot of old school DL magic going on in that area. Made me a little more scared for a TL redo. A way shorter monorail route? Way less of those mature trees? The lagoon. The overlapping attractions. Yeah I dunno.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Took the monorail into DL for the first time in a while last year and wow there is still a whole lot of old school DL magic going on in that area. Made me a little more scared for a TL redo. A way shorter monorail route? Way less of those mature trees? The lagoon. The overlapping attractions. Yeah I dunno.

Took the monorail for the first time in 5 or so years last night.... And I completely agree.

But while there's tons of charm... There's also the remains of attractions long gone.

But I doubt modern WDI could top what's there now, despite it not being the best it's been.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Took the monorail for the first time in 5 or so years last night.... And I completely agree.

But while there's tons of charm... There's also the remains of attractions long gone.

But I doubt modern WDI could top what's there now, despite it not being the best it's been.

I agree but all they gotta do is remove the people mover tracks and build the Troncket Rod tracks in its place.

And I meant to say took the monorail last week*** for the first time in a while. Not last year. Damn auto correct

mickEblu

Original Poster
It’s ironic that the side of TL we always talk about getting rid of is the better side, aesthetically at least. What would I miss from the other side of TL besides Space Mountain (which isn’t going anywhere)? Maybe the 70s mall feel of the Space Mountain complex, the neon Mickey sign at Star Trader and just and the TL Terrace layout. That’s it.

Lilofan

I remember before iphones , people used to talk to each other while standing on line to ride Test Track instead of staring face down and looking into their phones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom