The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Try the party melt at Carnation. The burger place at DTD isn’t bad either after you send it back and they recook it right haha.

I stand corrected. I didn’t think of the patty melt (I somehow missed your post) at Carnation — it’s not bad. And my burger at Black Tap was excellent, despite the questionable vibe in the outdoor seating area.

More accurately, I’ll say this: I’ve never had a decent quick-service burger at the Disneyland resort.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’ve had some amazing this-can’t-be-theme-park-food quick burgers at Dollywood and IoA (Wimpy’s). It can be done! 😃
Having worked quick service at one point during my days at an amusement park, I know its possible. But its also pretty standard given the cooking methods for mass produced food for it to be fairly standard tasting across the board.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I stand corrected. I didn’t think of the patty melt (I somehow missed your post) at Carnation — it’s not bad. And my burger at Black Tap was excellent, despite the questionable vibe in the outdoor seating area.

More accurately, I’ll say this: I’ve never had a decent quick-service burger at the Disneyland resort.

Yeah those are the only two burgers I’d have confidence in recommending at the resort. I can’t assume someone will be in the same mood as me or set expectations accordingly and enjoy the galactic grill burger

mickEblu

Original Poster
Forgot about Great Maple. I’m guessing they probably have a burger and that’s at least decent to Good. Enjoyed the steak sandwich and chicken sandwich I tried there.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Some food at DLR that I think exceeds typical theme park food expectations…

That new garlic cheesy bread
Patty Melt at Carnation
Plaza Inn fried chicken
Egg rolls at Tropical Hideaway (RIP)
Bengal BBQ - sometimes. Beef is hit and miss chewy.
Most everything at Cafe Orleans especially gumbo
Seasonal Fried fish sandwich at Hungry Bear
Ronto Wraps and Vegan Ronto wraps - can be hit n miss though.
Corn Dogs- Also hit n miss - batter is too spongey and not crunchy sometimes
Birria Tacos at DCA
Sweet n Spicy seasonal Halloween tenders at Flo’s
Steak Fries at Flo’s

Just a few off the top of my head. There’s more.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Some food at DLR that I think exceeds typical theme park food expectations…

That new garlic cheesy bread
Patty Melt at Carnation
Plaza Inn fried chicken
Egg rolls at Tropical Hideaway (RIP)
Bengal BBQ - sometimes. Beef is hit and miss chewy.
Most everything at Cafe Orleans especially gumbo
Seasonal Fried fish sandwich at Hungry Bear
Ronto Wraps and Vegan Ronto wraps - can be hit n miss though.
Corn Dogs- Also hit n miss - batter is too spongey and hit crunchy sometimes
Birria Tacos at DCA
Sweet n Spicy seasonal Halloween tenders at Flo’s
Steak Fries at Flo’s

Just a few off the top of my head. There’s more.
Karaage Fried Chicken Sandwich & Beef Bulgogi were both excellent at Lucky Fortune Cookery.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I always seem to hear this place is a favorite, but on the odd occasion I go it doesn't do much for me. I'm suspicious I've missed something. What should I be ordering there?

Probably not. It smells better than it tastes. Rarely get the beef as it’s chewier more often than it’s good. The chicken skewers are consistent though. I think in the 80s/90s Bengal BBQ was a real novelty in the theme park space and has held a special place in our hearts since. Again, the aroma is great as is its location which I’m sure has a lot to do with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom