The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
So, I spent a day at the park. Here's a few observations-

-I saw someone get mad at a CM at the Main Street Railroad Station. They had accidentally let too many people try to board, and there wasn't a spot for this man and his group. He started going off about his pregnant wife and was upset. The CM totally disregarded him and did nothing to de escalate the situation. We then had to listen to this guy rant about Disney's bad service and how his wife is pregnant for 10 minutes until the next train. This guest was a total dipwad- but the CM was also lousy in his approach and did nothing to try and ease the situation. Sometimes a little empathy and an apology goes a long way.

-The Pixar fireworks did nothing for me.

-The current iteration of Fantasmic! is better than the 2017 one, but that's only because of changes made to bring it closer to the '92 iteration. It's still an incoherent mess of a show. Seeing Pan back on the Columbia was delightful and does a TON to make this version better than '17.

-The CM's at Market House and especially Plaza Inn were the A Team. Polite, friendly, courteous, and the cashiers at both spots actually went along with my lousy jokes! But seriously, the F&B management for east side Main Street is doing something right.

-It was my third time riding MMRR, and it still does nothing for me.

-How the heck did Disney make the Swiss Family treehouse? I'm having a tough time believing today's WDI could design it. It's too good.

-There were a few planters in the hub I was fairly certain were turf the last time I was there- that are grass now. A friend I was with confirmed my suspicions, but they could be misremembering as well. If this is the case, it's a huge win for Disneyland.

-The ancient Cambodian Shrine built by Ancient Cambodian Shriners is still gone, and the bengal tiger is surrounded by wood walls. Hope this isn't permanent but I feel like it's been like this almost a year?

I snapped this photo of the river bend-

View attachment 801136

And found this photo I took a few years ago from almost the exact same spot.

View attachment 801135

I guess my point is, WDI has completely forgotten about the importance of a Weenie. You can barely even see Tiana Mountain across the river, where Splash used to visible from almost that entire half of the park.

Which planters in the hub are you referring to? As far as I can remember the large planters on the Plaza Inn side never changed to turf. Only the planters on the Jolly Holiday side. Hoping to hear those were changed back to real grass.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Darn- I was talking about the Plaza Inn side.

Damn 😕. Yeah those have always been grass. I’d imagine they left them as real grass for the service dogs? But then why make the new service dog restroom/ planter at the GE entrance from CC turf?

EDIT: because its in deep shade.

Last edited:
Shame it's not for both parks..
???
20240717_192401.jpg

or do you mean park hoppers?

mickEblu

Original Poster
So Vici Properties gets to destroy the Mirage but Disney can't demo the Pixar Place Hotel.

I thought it was the Seminoles? Did Vegas or any group try to save the hotel? What does the world have against my favorite things?

Favorite ride at Disneyland? Gone
Favorite ride at DCA? Gone
Favorite hotel in Vegas? Gone

I was a kid in the 80s / 90s and I guess things from that time period just feel expendable to people. It’s like if you re not grandfathered in from the middle of the 21st century you’re outta here. An 80 year old can still go to the Golden Nugget and stay at the hotel they went to when they were a kid although it may be a lot different.

Phroobar

I thought it was the Seminoles? Did Vegas or any group try to save the hotel? What does the world have against my favorite things?

Favorite ride at Disneyland? Gone
Favorite ride at DCA? Gone
Favorite hotel in Vegas? Gone

I was a kid in the 80s / 90s and I guess things from that time period just feel expendable to people. It’s like if you re not grandfathered in from the middle of the 21st century you’re outta here. An 80 year old can still go to the Golden Nugget and stay at the hotel they went to when they were a kid although it may be a lot different.
That was the property owner that Wikipedia said. It might be wrong. I know they did just get bought. Now they want to raze it.

Consumer

Driving around Pasadena and spotted this structure on Fairfax, which immediately reminded me of the trolley stop on Buena Vista Street. Afterward I looked it up and Fairfax did have trolleys back in the day, so I suspect this is an original trolley stop. I wonder if it was a direct influence on the Imagineers, and I wonder how many trolley stops still exist in LA.
IMG_4054.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom