The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

MoonRakerSCM

No it doesn’t, you missed the part where he said “Here” and quoted my original post in response to my question about asking where I said it was exclusive to Elon. If you look his posted was edited an hour after my response to that post.

Ok... you said this at 2:38p- (asking "Where did I say...")
1718342152330.png

In response to TP's post here (edited at 2:04p)-

1718342191606.png

His "Here." edited post was AFTER your post at 2:38p where you made your claim, which I am pointing out he merely made a statement.

All I'm saying is, your response I screenshotted above accused him of something he didn't do.

TP2000

Sexual harassment being defended isn’t actually surprising.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

You’re very good at whataboutism.

TP2000

You’re very good at whataboutism.

I know. Also Disneyland trivia and cocktail recipes. Did you know I make my own herb infused simple syrup? :cool:

If multiple accusations of various forms of harassment and racism and misogyny and sexual assault don't bother you about Disney's executives and you still continue to use their products, why does it bother you about SpaceX executives? Are you going to sell your Tesla and refuse to buy a ticket to the Moon?

More importantly, are you planning to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure in that toxic and hateful workplace that Disney fosters?

lazyboy97o

I know. Also Disneyland trivia and cocktail recipes. :cool:

If multiple accusations of various forms of harassment and racism and misogyny and sexual assault don't bother you about Disney's executives and you still continue to use their products, why does it bother you about SpaceX executives? Are you going to sell your Tesla and refuse to buy a seat to the Moon?
The accusations aren’t just about various random SpaceX executives. They include Musk himself. If Iger was accused of similar behavior then it would become the prime reason I want him gone.

TP2000

The accusations aren’t just about various random SpaceX executives. They include Musk himself. If Iger was accused of similar behavior then it would become the prime reason I want him gone.

Bob Iger is 73. If he ever made a pass at a secretary, or used his advantage in the Xerox room, it was decades ago.

But Bob Iger also apparently allows his executives accused of sexual assault, or in the case below being widely known as a "pervert", to remain on the job for years. The point here is that you can't hold Elon Musk to some pearl-clutching standard and then ignore all the lawsuits thrown at Disney year after year after year. It's just not fair. And it's instantly seen as hypocrisy.

lazyboy97o

Bob Iger is 73. If he ever made a pass at a secretary, or used his advantage in the Xerox room, it was decades ago.

But Bob Iger also apparently allows his executives accused of sexual assault, or in the case below being widely known as a "pervert", to remain on the job for years. The point here is that you can't hold Elon Musk to some pearl-clutching standard and then ignore all the lawsuits thrown at Disney year after year after year. It's just not fair. And it's instantly seen as hypocrisy.

Don’t sexually harass your employees is a “pearl clutching standard”?

TP2000

Don’t sexually harass your employees is a “pearl clutching standard”?

No. The thought that Elon Musk is the only very rich company executive to be accused of wrongdoing is pearl-clutching.

Either you have to believe all women automatically without a trial or evidence being presented and acknowledge that Bob Iger willingly allowed a sexual predator to be one of his executives for years, (among other recent accusations against Disney of wage theft, racial bigotry, general misogyny, sexual harassment, and unsafe working conditions), or you need to be able to acknowledge that not everything can be litigated and judged based on a headline.

Is Elon Musk really a horrible sexual predator that's been terrorizing women all these decades at his various companies? Possibly.

But if you go with that without a trial or evidence being presented, you also have to immediately condemn Bob Iger and an entire Immersion Trip full of Burbank and Glendale executives for also being Officially Bad People based on a headline.

TP2000

Here's one coming up later this year. A class action lawsuit by 9,000 female Disney employees who allege that in the 2010's and into the 2020's, under Bob Iger's active chairmanship, Disney willingly and knowingly paid women employees less than their male counterparts.

Using the pearl-clutching Elon Musk standard of "Headline Equals Guilt", Bob Iger is running one of the most misogynist and truly horrible companies in America. Anyone gonna cancel their Magic Key because of this? No?... okay.

eddie104

I know. Also Disneyland trivia and cocktail recipes. Did you know I make my own herb infused simple syrup? :cool:

If multiple accusations of various forms of harassment and racism and misogyny and sexual assault don't bother you about Disney's executives and you still continue to use their products, why does it bother you about SpaceX executives? Are you going to sell your Tesla and refuse to buy a ticket to the Moon?

More importantly, are you planning to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure in that toxic and hateful workplace that Disney fosters?
But it seems like you’re giving Elon a pass but being extra hard on Disney.

The optics don’t seem right when one company is given excuses but another is held to the fire.

TP2000

But it seems like you’re giving Elon a pass but being extra hard on Disney.

Quite the contrary. But it seems that you get my point. When a company employs 100,000+ globally like Disney or Mr. Musk does, a 20 second Google search can turn up a whole bunch of recent lawsuits alleging various ists and phobes, ills and sins, or even outright sexual assault as in the case of that one "pervert" of a Disney exec.

The optics don’t seem right when one company is given excuses but another is held to the fire.

The "optics" are exactly the same. And again, it seems you got my point. ;)

You can easily curate a list of media links that make Disney look like a toxic hellscape employer like I did, even though I doubt most of those accusations are true and I use and will continue to use their product. And you could also curate a list of media links that make Elon Musk look like the devil incarnate and a sexual predator. I don't use Mr. Musk's products or own a Tesla, but I sure see a lot of them on the roads.

Most importantly, I wouldn't use "optics" to declare someone guilty or innocent, or Officially Good or Officially Bad. I'd leave that up to the courts. Like most employment cases involving fired employees, they'll never see the light of day for what should be obvious reasons.

The one exception is that class action lawsuit against Disney by 9,000 female employees. That could be thrown out too, but you know darn well that if it gets its day in court later this year the media will make a BIG deal about it. :rolleyes:

Let's just please remember that headlines and links do NOT equal guilt.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ok... you said this at 2:38p- (asking "Where did I say...")
View attachment 791674

In response to TP's post here (edited at 2:04p)-

View attachment 791675

His "Here." edited post was AFTER your post at 2:38p where you made your claim, which I am pointing out he merely made a statement.

All I'm saying is, your response I screenshotted above accused him of something he didn't do.
TP knows what he posted which are posts after your screen shots, and obviously he thought better about it which is why he edited it an 1hr 19 minutes later.

My times are Pacific but -

1718349200786.png

1718349215831.png

My response to that post was only 12 minutes after he posted it originally (you can even see the "here" in the below screenshot which is the original unedited post), 1hr 7 minutes before he edited which is the one you see -

1718349252328.png

That is what I was responding to, not what he edited later. All my posts (at least as of me writing this) are unedited, so I have nothing to hide here. I was just responding real time to what was posted, can't do anything about a poster who comes and edits their posts long after my response to the original post.

TP2000

TP knows what he posted which are posts after your screen shots, and obviously he thought better about it which is why he edited it an 1hr 19 minutes later.

My times are Pacific but -

View attachment 791686

View attachment 791687

My response to that post was only 12 minutes after he posted it originally (you can even see the "here" in the below screenshot which is the original unedited post), 1hr 7 minutes before he edited which is the one you see -

View attachment 791688

That is what I was responding to, not what he edited later. All my posts (at least as of me writing this) are unedited, so I have nothing to hide here. I was just responding real time to what was posted, can't do anything about a poster who comes and edits their posts long after my response to the original post.

I'm sorry, I think you're making too much out of this.

If I remember back to this afternoon, I was doing my birdfeeders on the patio and looking up an Ina Garten chicken recipe for dinner and singing the theme song from "Phyllis" to the neighbor's cat whose name is not actually Phyllis but she often stops by to check on me in a way that seems judgmental, like Phyllis was with Mary and Rhoda. I was also posting here. Busy day! If I edited a post, or didn't edit a post (I'm not sure which I'm being accused of), it just meant... well, I don't know what it meant.

I promise to double down and really concentrate here in the future! This place is important. 🧐

And here's the theme song to Phyllis, if you ever want to sing to a judgmental cat.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm sorry, I think you're making too much out of this.

If I remember back to this afternoon, I was doing my birdfeeders on the patio and looking up an Ina Garten chicken recipe for dinner and singing the theme song from "Phyllis" to the neighbor's cat whose name is not actually Phyllis but she often stops by to check on me in a way that seems judgmental. I was also posting here. Busy day! If I edited a post, or didn't edit a post (I'm not sure which I'm being accused of), it just meant... well, I don't know what it meant.

I promise to double down and really concentrate here in the future! This place is important. 🧐

And here's the theme song to Phyllis, if you ever want to sing to a judgmental cat.

I'm just responding in kind to the posters who are ones who are actually making a big deal about this by including screen shots.

TP2000

Latest update on the union strife at Disneyland this summer...

In an Unfair Labor Charge just filed, the union is making an accusation that Disneyland managers "intimidated, surveilled and disciplined” hourly Cast Members who wore a union pin on their park uniforms.

The union has now reported to its Disneyland CM members that the National Labor Relations Board has assigned agents to investigate the alleged illegal harassment and surveillance of unionized Cast Members by Disneyland managers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom