The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

truecoat

This is at the bridge scene with Gen Hux and Kylo too. And looks like it got spread throughout the ride due to the trackless nature + wheels.

With the perceived increase in ride malfunctions, you have to wonder how many guests are the cause instead of mechanical failure.

Last edited:

truecoat

And yet NASA picked Blue Origin for its return to the Moon and for its mission to Mars.

Anything that SpaceX is doing in their mission to the Moon and Mars is on their own I believe.

The initial commercial contract was awarded to SpaceX for two Starship HLS missions, one uncrewed and one crewed as part of Artemis 3. These two missions each require one HLS launch and multiple fuelling launches, all on SpaceX Starship launchers. NASA later exercised an option under the initial contract to commission an upgraded Starship HLS for Artemis 4 and a separate contract to Blue Origin to develop a third crewed lunar lander, which will make its first crewed flight as part of the Artemis 5 mission.

gerarar

Premium Member
With the perceived increase in ride malfunctions, you have to wonder how many guests are the cause instead of mechanical failure.
I would assume a good chunk. I remember watching a livestream a while back and someone's hat fell off after the final Kylo AA scene and that triggered an E-stop and evacuation.

That's 1-2 hours of downtime right there.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The initial commercial contract was awarded to SpaceX for two Starship HLS missions, one uncrewed and one crewed as part of Artemis 3. These two missions each require one HLS launch and multiple fuelling launches, all on SpaceX Starship launchers. NASA later exercised an option under the initial contract to commission an upgraded Starship HLS for Artemis 4 and a separate contract to Blue Origin to develop a third crewed lunar lander, which will make its first crewed flight as part of the Artemis 5 mission.
I know, and just like the Apollo missions many companies are involved with different parts. For example Airbus will be building the Service Module.

My point is that SpaceX isn't the only space company building rockets that can be tapped for sponsorship.

DrAlice

My point is that SpaceX isn't the only space company building rockets that can be tapped for sponsorship.
Of course. And all of us in "Team Space" want to see them succeed. However, at this point in time**, there really is no comparison.

1711057247406.jpeg

(**Graphic depicts QUARTER 1 of 2023. If anything has changed since last year, it is that SpaceX has INCREASED their launch cadence.)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Of course. And all of us in "Team Space" want to see them succeed. However, at this point in time**, there really is no comparison.

View attachment 774183
(**Graphic depicts QUARTER 1 of 2023. If anything has changed since last year, it is that SpaceX has INCREASED their launch cadence.)
Yeah they are ahead for sure. Look I'm not against SpaceX in general. I'm actually happy we're in a new "space race". But their "leader" is just not on the "good guy" list with many companies around the world right now, including Disney. And so when TP started asking why TL doesn't have a SpaceX sponsored exhibit I was just saying there are other companies run by other Billionaires that could fit that bill. That it doesn't specifically have to be SpaceX, and I was providing examples.

Besides all this is moot anyways, Elon isn't going to spend money on a TL sponsorship for SpaceX or even Tesla anyways even before all the recent drama. So its all irrelevant that they are ahead in rocket launches.

I wish TL would have a complete overhaul with many space related sponsors, I just don't think it'll happen. And maybe that is the real reason why its taken so long to get a TL redo, no major sponsors willing to pony up the money like in the 50s and 60s.

MoonRakerSCM

I am waiting for a couple friends to finish the San Diego half marathon (I did the 5k only due a recent injury). TP you'd like this... after chatting with a local homeless guy for a while, I experienced the duality of california and had a bottomless mimosa brunch in the Gaslamp District in San diego-

1000013936.jpg

They gave me a whole bottle... phew.

Anyways... on Friday I joined a huge group of friends at Tortilla Joes to give it a send off... that meal was a bland disaster. Servers were extrmely flustered and forgetful of everything... sucks when you're working knowing youre job is gone in a week or two. Does anyone know if the servers/cooks etc. Are offered postions at other DtD locations or??

DrAlice

This just in from Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) on Twitter/X:

"NEW: Joe Rohde is back in the building at Walt Disney Imagineering. In a post on Instagram, WDI announced Rohde will lead a series of master class work sessions with current Imagineers."

He then retweeted waltdisneyimagineering:
"Following in the footsteps of many former Imagineers, Joe continues to mentor and share his years of storytelling knowledge with current Imagineers, contributing to the future of creativity at Walt Disney Imagineering."

Interesting......

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This just in from Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) on Twitter/X:

"NEW: Joe Rohde is back in the building at Walt Disney Imagineering. In a post on Instagram, WDI announced Rohde will lead a series of master class work sessions with current Imagineers."

He then retweeted waltdisneyimagineering:
"Following in the footsteps of many former Imagineers, Joe continues to mentor and share his years of storytelling knowledge with current Imagineers, contributing to the future of creativity at Walt Disney Imagineering."

Interesting......

This is being discussed on the WDW side of the forums. The current thought is that he is being brought in as a consultant on projects, such as anything happening in DAK, and passing knowledge onto the current crop of Imagineers through "working" sessions.

So if he really is consulting on projects, and not just teaching some classes, then one would hope that he would lend some help with the Avatar land coming to DCA.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Wow, first the Mirage and now the Tropicana is on its way out too? Rough year for the Vegas strip. My first memories of Vegas are at Tropicana. I must have been around 6 years old and it was the first time I saw talking Parrots or a pool with a waterfall in it. It was like The Mirage lite before the Mirage. I’m sure Steve Wynn took a little inspiration from The Tropicana.

CaptinEO

Anyways... on Friday I joined a huge group of friends at Tortilla Joes to give it a send off... that meal was a bland disaster. Servers were extrmely flustered and forgetful of everything... sucks when you're working knowing youre job is gone in a week or two. Does anyone know if the servers/cooks etc. Are offered postions at other DtD locations or??
Patina owns Tortilla Jos, Naples, Catal, and Uva Bar. Uva Bar and Catal are turning into two new mexican restaurants. I'd imagine some carry over to the new locations.

Also every Patina restaurant I've been to in DLR has given me terrible service. It's tragic they have a monopoly over downtown disney for some reason.

TP2000

Patina owns Tortilla Jos, Naples, Catal, and Uva Bar. Uva Bar and Catal are turning into two new mexican restaurants. I'd imagine some carry over to the new locations.

Also every Patina restaurant I've been to in DLR has given me terrible service. It's tragic they have a monopoly over downtown disney for some reason.

20 years ago the Patina group used to be good. The Covid closures really killed them, and the entire company very nearly collapsed in 2021. But their service was going downhill fast even before Covid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom