The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Parteecia

I just realized that I missed my 20th Anniversary on this website! It was last week, October 11th according my little profile page. But I think that might be fitting, because at this point in a relationship it's not uncommon to forget anniversaries, right?

Happy 20th Anniversary to me and thank you to everyone here for all the fun and hilarity over the past two decades! 🥳
I've had a lot of fun agreeing and disagreeing with you. Here's to another 20!

TP2000

This hilarious news may be filed under several categories. From the...
  • You Can't Make This Crap Up! File
  • Your Tax Dollars At Work! File
  • Disneyland Has To Hire More Gardeners Again! File
  • What Will This Do To Monsanto's Stock Price? File
California politicians have now decided that astroturf and artificial lawns are bad for the environment. It turns out, and this is unbelievable, that astroturf is made out of plastic and leaches chemicals into the ground where it is used! Can you believe that? All this time, that artificial grass has been made out of chemicals! It's now being banned by a growning number of cities and counties, with the blessing of Sacramento. 🤣

It's funny how fast things can change, isn't it? Just one year ago California was 99.7% in drought and Disneyland was installing astroturf wherever they could, and now California is 100% drought-free and astroturf is being cancelled.

Meanwhile, in TDA... "Hire gardeners again! Buy some new lawn mowers!"

State Map.jpg

State Stats.jpg

SuddenStorm

This hilarious news may be filed under several categories. From the...
  • You Can't Make This Crap Up! File
  • Your Tax Dollars At Work! File
  • Disneyland Has To Hire More Gardeners Again! File
  • What Will This Do To Monsanto's Stock Price? File
California politicians have now decided that astroturf and artificial lawns are bad for the environment. It turns out, and this is unbelievable, that astroturf is made out of plastic and leaches chemicals into the ground where it is used! Can you believe that? All this time, that artificial grass has been made out of chemicals! It's now being banned by a growning number of cities and counties, with the blessing of Sacramento. 🤣

It's funny how fast things can change, isn't it? Just one year ago California was 99.7% in drought and Disneyland was installing astroturf wherever they could, and now California is 100% drought-free and astroturf is being cancelled.

Meanwhile, in TDA... "Hire gardeners again! Buy some new lawn mowers!"

View attachment 749869
View attachment 749870

So, how do we get Orange County to outlaw turf? For the sake of the Kingdom

TP2000

So, how do we get Orange County to outlaw turf? For the sake of the Kingdom

Great question. The County Board of Supervisors is my initial thought for a county-wide ban.

Or, you could get the Anaheim City Council to ban it within city limits.

Either option was approved by the bill Governor Newsom signed allowing cities and entire counties to ban artificial lawns now.

TP2000

Now that they can’t hide behind the drought excuse will they just come out and say it was to save money? WOC which wastes much more water than the little patch of grass in front of the Train Station wasn’t discontinued. So weird.

And they are actively working to bring Fantasmic! back with rumored increased use of the mist screens that vaporize thousands of gallons of water into the dry Anaheim air.

The whole astroturf craze from TDA was such an obvious labor-savings money grab, wrapped in smarmy and virtuous PR.

I just asked AI to redesign the main entrance with drought tolerant landscaping to replace the cancer-causing and dangerous astroturf lawn. If TDA was really worried about saving water, they'd cancel World of Color and Fantasmic!, turn off the waterfalls on the Matterhorn and Rivers of America, and install this at the train station... 🤪

_4438843a-2e9d-47c1-a0a8-20b784de0bbc.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
And they are actively working to bring Fantasmic! back with rumored increased use of the mist screens that vaporize thousands of gallons of water into the dry Anaheim air.

The whole astroturf craze from TDA was such an obvious labor-savings money grab, wrapped in smarmy and virtuous PR.

I just asked AI to redesign the main entrance with drought tolerant landscaping to replace the cancer-causing and dangerous astroturf lawn. If TDA was really worried about saving water, they'd cancel World of Color and Fantasmic!, turn off the waterfalls on the Matterhorn and Rivers of America, and install this at the train station... 🤪

View attachment 749878

Lol oh no! Ok the turf is fine!

CHOX

View attachment 749878

What does this mean for Nemo and the Jungle Cruise? Do they bring back the Mine Train?

TP2000

What does this mean for Nemo and the Jungle Cruise? Do they bring back the Mine Train?

Good point on the Submarines and Jungle Cruise. Those also should have been shut down with the astroturf installation. Plus Storybook Land Canal Boats.

The Mine Train could be a thing again. That would be fun. Although, you can't rebuild Cascade Peak where the Mine Train used to end its journey by going under the water-wasting Twin Sisters Falls (Why are the falls called Twin Sisters? Because there's three of them! :cool:).

lskpif-b78856404z.120111004202238000gjb12d1fg.1.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Would now be a good time to bring up the topic of a meet up at the parks? Who’s in? I think it would be great to bring all the forum camaraderie and good vibes with us to the parks. Maybe we can all wear Red or White shirts and meet at Toontown in front of Goofys House or Fantasyland right in front of Monstro?

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
On another note, I think it’s kind of interesting that on POTC after the first drop you go from the full uppity POTC theme song to the more eerie, mood setting atmospheric music after the second drop in mere seconds. It works, it’s just a pretty drastic change in tone in a very short amount of time. After the first drop the POTC song kind of functions like ZADD on Splash. We survived, we made it. It also throws a bone to the little kids saying don’t worry it gets better.

I’d love to know if this has always been the case.

SuddenStorm

Would now be a good time to bring up the topic of a meet up at the parks? Who’s in? I think it would be great to bring all the forum camaraderie and good vibes with us to the parks. Maybe we can all wear Red or White shirts and meet at Toontown in front of Goofys House or Fantasyland right in front of Monstro?

You didn't renew... You dropping the $$$ for a day ticket for this?

SuddenStorm

On another note, I think it’s kind of interesting that on POTC after the first drop you go from the full uppity POTC theme song to the more eerie, mood setting atmospheric music after the second drop in mere seconds. It works, it’s just a pretty drastic change in tone in a very short amount of time. After the first drop the POTC song kind of functions like ZADD on Splash. We survived, we made it. It also throws a bone to the little kids saying don’t worry it gets better.

I’d love to know if this has always been the case.

As far as I know the music hasn't changed.

Rich T

If we’re being honest, the bond and camaraderie that was once alive and well here maybe between 2013 and 2016 is now gone. It’s like a once happily married couple that is now fighting constantly and going through a separation/divorce. LOL.
Well… there’s also the factor that the parks, for many of us, were a much, much, much, much, much (x10) better experience back then than they are now. When talking about the parks, there was a lot more to be happy and optimistic about, and that might have contributed a lot to the overall forum vibe.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Stay strong. There will eventually be something awesome that makes it worth going back.

It’s tough. Just from even a practical standpoint it’s hard thing to replace. My daughter has asked me to go almost every day the last two months. My son boos me when I say let’s go to Knotts. My wife side eyes me for not renewing. I ended up at Chuck E Cheese last weekend for God Sake! Haha

Of course the false a scarcity thing doesn’t help cause you never know if they won’t sell them again for 6-8 months.

SuddenStorm

It’s tough. Just from even a practical standpoint it’s hard thing to replace. My daughter has asked me to go almost every day the last two months. My son boos me when I say let’s go to Knotts. My wife side eyes me for not renewing. I ended up at Chuck E Cheese last weekend for God Sake! Haha

Of course the false a scarcity thing doesn’t help cause you never know if they won’t sell them again for 6-8 months.

You know, if money is no object and the demand is there, you should renew. I'd like to think there's an aspect of boycotting the place- I know I won't pay to go now that Splash is closed, and my merch spending has stopped. But also, I've been so many times. And done everything there so many times. I feel satiated- and don't feel like I need to rush a return.

But honestly just go and spend as little as possible to hurt their spend per guest, and further the 'undesirable' aspect of being a passholder!

What's funny is that I grew up at Disneyland when I was your sons age. I didn't go as often as y'all but I loved the place. I remember us going to Knott's once with family friends... never went back and I don't remember loving the place.

It really is an amazing amenity. I can tell you, Utah doesn't have anything like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom