The Merch Alert Thread

Phroobar

Oh well then why didn't you say so before..it is STILL over priced. That should be no more than $100.00 or less.
I agreed it is overpriced. It's been released three times already. I have one. I paid $150 about twelve years ago. Hopefully they go on clearence fairly fast for less than $80. Then I'll get another.

Stevek

Beyond Trader Sam's tiki mugs and the Taschen Disneyland book, I can't tell you that last time I bought any theme park merch. I guess years of buying so much stuff during the 50th plus quite a bit of WDW merch from trips there + the high prices has turned me off for the most part.

smooch

Beyond Trader Sam's tiki mugs and the Taschen Disneyland book, I can't tell you that last time I bought any theme park merch. I guess years of buying so much stuff during the 50th plus quite a bit of WDW merch from trips there + the high prices has turned me off for the most part.

I never spend money on merchandise in the parks when I go, or if I do it will be a handful of pins for myself and some to give as gifts to friends. Last year since my trip to WDW was free for my parents and I we decided we would spend a little more money on food / merchandise but in the end we really didn't spend a whole lot. I think we actually bought less food because we had breakfast provided for free and dinner for free 2 of the 3 nights, so we only really paid for snacks in the parks and then I got like 4 pins and a spirit jersey and my dad bought a baseball cap and that's all. I like some of the designs for shirts or phone cases or whatever but I just can't justify the price especially when it's already expensive to even go on a trip to DLR with tickets, transportation, hotels, food, etc. I have the Taschen book I got as a gift and I love it and yesterday my gf who got me that book last year got me the attraction poster book this year, so now I've got a little Disney coffee table book collection started.

truecoat

There honestly isn't as much unique stuff as there used to be. Galaxy's Edge was the only thing in recent years that had unique merchandise instead of just a shirt or action figure.

I have a hard time finding magnets. I happened to go to Disneyland the 2nd week GotG was open and there were no magnets but they had one 3 months later. I bought a Kong magnet at Islands of Adventure about 2 months before the ride opened as I figured by the time I went back, they wouldn't have one.

GE had a couple good ones including Rise of the Resistance which wasn't open yet last August.

IMG_2287[1].JPG

mmelka

There honestly isn't as much unique stuff as there used to be. Galaxy's Edge was the only thing in recent years that had unique merchandise instead of just a shirt or action figure.

I remember as a kid when we'd leave the parks we would go to the big store on Mainstreet and seeing ride vehicles/ play sets of Big Thunder, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Small World, and Space Mountain. I wanted to buy all of them (ended up with StarSpeeder 3000 (which I still have)). Now they have the monorail and trainset, which are cool, but I wish the others were still around.

Galaxy's Edge finally added a new vehicle playset for Rise but it was stupidly expensive.

I also miss posters in the park. 5 years ago they would sell packs of 12 large attractions posters, now they are gone.

I did recently get myself a Disney World train set used on ebay and it's great under the tree.

I think Disney needs to realize that many people are fans of rides and attractions and want more than a t shirt with a quote on it.

This is why I like the Parks Pop Funkos. They give me those ride vehicles and characters that for some reason Disney doesn't want to produce, or make in some crazy art style that I do not enjoy. I know the Pop Funkos art style is a little off putting for some, but I enjoy it. I do wish that Disney would make more products on their attractions that were not so gimmicky like "Give Me Space" for Space Mountain and such. I would almost like to just see poster art put onto shirts. I also find that men's clothes are also harder to find at the parks that are not just atrocious and would only be worn at the parks. I've found myself finding other retailers that sell Disney clothing with designs that I prefer.

Mac Tonight

San Francisco based indie toy-maker master's, Super7, have unveiled a new series of Disney ULTIMATES!
I own a few of their TMNT ULTIMATES! and let me say, these figures are spectacular.

Super posable figures, interchangeable heads, hands, and copious other accessories, make these more than just your average toy.
Pre-orders are up now on their website. $45 a piece.

Wave 1 includes:
Pinocchio:
1596393277Super7_Disney_Pinocchio_Ultimates__StoreImage_820x.jpg

Prince John and Sir Hiss:
1596392431Super7_Disney_PrinceJohn_Ultimates__StoreImage_820x.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey:
1596393670Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates__StoreImage_820x.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
San Francisco based indie toy-maker master's, Super7, have unveiled a new series of Disney ULTIMATES!
I own a few of their TMNT ULTIMATES! and let me say, these figures are spectacular.

Super posable figures, interchangeable heads, hands, and copious other accessories, make these more than just your average toy.
Pre-orders are up now on their website. $45 a piece.

Wave 1 includes:
Pinocchio:
1596393277Super7_Disney_Pinocchio_Ultimates__StoreImage_820x.jpg

Prince John and Sir Hiss:
1596392431Super7_Disney_PrinceJohn_Ultimates__StoreImage_820x.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey:
1596393670Super7_Disney_Mickey_Ultimates__StoreImage_820x.jpg

Really like the concept and they look like they re good quality. Something about Pinocchio and Mickey’s eyes look off. However, I guess if I was that concerned about “eyes” I wouldn’t be buying POPs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom