The Merch Alert Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney, I want a Dex's Diner set, and I'm not buying one dang other piece of SW merch until I get it!
View attachment 364812

LEGO did do a set for Dex's Diner I believe...

20625931352_f54fac1ba8_c.jpg

SuddenStorm

Not really huge on Tiki culture and it's associated merchandise, but if it helps keep the Tiki Room around for the next few decades, I'm all for it.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Not really huge on Tiki culture and it's associated merchandise, but if it helps keep the Tiki Room around for the next few decades, I'm all for it.

I wouldn’t buy any of these but I dig the colors and their cool looking. I really shouldn’t be buying any more merch in general. I just don’t have any place to put. Even if I did you start to wonder why do I buy all this stuff when 90% of it is just sitting in their original box in the closet just like the new Starbucks mugs I bought last week.

Practical Pig

I think the Star Wars tiki cups may be the only SW merch I'd be interested in buying. At this point, I'm a very casual fan of the IP at best. I've no interest in the literal representations of the characters or props, etc. The tiki cups offer a sort of lateral, ironic angle on the merch I like.

Rich T

I don't quite see the point of the SW tiki mugs. It's a cute gag... I guess... But if want tiki stuff, I'll just buy a straight-forward Americanized take on South Pacific cultural imagery, NOT an Americanized take on South Pacific cultural imagery's take on an American space opera fantasy. It's like watching the Simpsons watching an episode of Futurama where Bender goes to a Simpsons fan convention.
(EDIT) ...but I have to admit the Frozen Han is pretty funny...

Phroobar

Shop Disney Cancelling Orders For Galaxy’s Edge Exclusive TBS 6-Inch Figure Sets - Available Via Shop Disney July

Just got a call from a Shop Disney (all Disney Retail Now Falls under Shop Disney as previous reported) Orders Manager about the my Disney's Merchandise Guest Services order I placed this morning for the Galaxy’s Edge Exclusive Black Series 6-Inch Figure Sets and she informed me that they can not fill the order. She stated that a memo was sent out not to take orders for these, but it was sent out after we first reported them as in stock this morning.
She did however state that these items along with other Galaxy Edge Exclusives will be available to order towards the end of July via, ShopDisney.com, Shop Disney App, and Disney's Merchandise Guest Services (subject to change).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom