The Merch Alert Thread

Curious Constance

These are kinda cool and definitely a cut above most merch, and pretty reasonably priced. Just saw this randomly, so not exactly sure where it’s being sold but somewhere at Disneyland.
81CD4068-C6EC-486C-AF16-DDF544A56EEB.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just arrived at work... I know it's not Disney, but I love Nintendo & Smash Bros. as much as I love classic Disney... and...
View attachment 350354
IT'S MINE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just arrived at work... I know it's not Disney, but I love Nintendo & Smash Bros. as much as I love classic Disney... and...
View attachment 350354
IT'S MINE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You re making me want to go home, dust off my Super Nintendo and N64 and play some Donkey Kong Country and Banjo Kazooie.

Tony the Tigger

WDW has a pet accessory display in many of the bigger stores. We picked this up at MouseGear last night, I presume DL has/will get(?)

7B2D216F-3DA4-423A-B8B6-9EE64E9E3E7B.jpeg
7DDCBF15-3D56-40FA-B02E-825CB79A63B4.jpeg

(The “model” is Kylie, our Shepherd/Chow mix.)

E42EB02B-AEED-4273-B71F-C013B0EB74B0.jpeg
1C813827-EBF2-4EF6-954F-0A7C8C12044B.jpeg

SuddenStorm

Not official merchandise- but Fandom productions is selling mini Matterhorn models signed by Bob Gurr- limited run of 500.

Not super impressed with the paint job, but since Disney refuses to sell models of their famous attractions, I'm gonna take what I can get. I mean you'd think small $50 resin models of the Matterhorn, castle, Main Street station, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder would sell incredibly well. Universal sells little $30 plastic Hogwarts Castles, it's absurd Disney isn't doing the same.

Curious Constance

Not official merchandise- but Fandom productions is selling mini Matterhorn models signed by Bob Gurr- limited run of 500.

Not super impressed with the paint job, but since Disney refuses to sell models of their famous attractions, I'm gonna take what I can get. I mean you'd think small $50 resin models of the Matterhorn, castle, Main Street station, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder would sell incredibly well. Universal sells little $30 plastic Hogwarts Castles, it's absurd Disney isn't doing the same.

I think their merchandise litmus test is, "Will it appeal to the ten and younger crowd?" or "Will people like to Instagram themselves with this item?" If it doesn't fall into one of those categories, then it's not getting made.

SuddenStorm

I think their merchandise litmus test is, "Will it appeal to the ten and younger crowd?" or "Will people like to Instagram themselves with this item?" If it doesn't fall into one of those categories, then it's not getting made.

Basically. If it isn't a popcorn bucket or Funko Pop- it doesn't get made!

When I was at the park in December, I had an interesting conversation with a Disneyana CM- great guy. I expressed my disappointment with the current merchandise situation, saying that I'm a Disneyland fan first and foremost, not a Disneyland Resort, DCA, or Disney film fan (though idolize the golden age/early renaissance era animated features). He actually agreed, and said he has many of the same complaints about the merchandise. Of course, I also shared my thoughts on Imagineering and Galaxy's Edge- and he both agreed, and elaborated on my points. Said that they were shocked when Imagineering pulled the attraction posters from the kiosks, since they were huge sellers.

I'm coming to terms that Disneyland as an entity isn't Disney's focus anymore- more and more it's just a place to advertise the current films and hawk inexpensive plastic buckets to AP's with more money than taste. Which is a shame, since as Disneyland's image in the public persona continues to change from a classy place for families to spend a vacation, to an overly expensive, overly crowded place with activities primarily geared towards young children- it could really start hurting decades from now when Disneyland's brand is so diluted, it's no different than Universal in the public eye.

PacNWTigger

Darkbeer1

>The realistic-looking lightsabers will set them back $158. That’s a lot of lawn mowing money. And Disney won’t take galactic credits. Only credit cards or cold hard cash.

The price of the the hilt, or handle, will be around $109 while the cost of the blade will be $49 depending on the style of lightsaber purchased, according to the Associated Press. Disneyland officials said lightsaber prices are still being finalized for Galaxy’s Edge.

The $158 lightsaber price tag would be costlier than a $149 single-day ticket at the Anaheim theme park on the busiest “peak” day. And considerably more expensive than the $20 plastic toy lightsabers sold in Tomorrowland.<<

Sharon&Susan

The price of the the hilt, or handle, will be around $109 while the cost of the blade will be $49 depending on the style of lightsaber purchased, according to the Associated Press. Disneyland officials said lightsaber prices are still being finalized for Galaxy’s Edge.

The $158 lightsaber price tag would be costlier than a $149 single-day ticket at the Anaheim theme park on the busiest “peak” day. And considerably more expensive than the $20 plastic toy lightsabers sold in Tomorrowland.<<
So SWGE will have all the overpriced Star Wars items that look like they're actually worth something. while Tomorrowland will be the home of overpriced Star Wars items that look cheaply made like a $10,000 Darth Vader with a birthday table cloth cape?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom