The Merch Alert Thread

George Lucas on a Bench

Advertisement
I went on Splash Mountain recently and noticed several of the robots looked fairly refurbished and especially stuffed animal-like. However, still some broken features and poor lighting.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The 30th anniversary Splash Mountain merch arrived. Picked up the T-shirt at Disneyana on Main Street. It’s really nice, it’s tan with a upper left 30th anniversary logo on the top left and outlines of the Brers down the left side with a full color large logo on the left with all three characters and large logo on the back.

It’s so nice to find a t shirt that isn’t navy, black, or white for once.View attachment 389949View attachment 389950
I’m just not into anniversary merch. I hate things with dates on them. With that said it’s nice to seem then give the attraction a nod. I would like to see some cool collectibles. Splash Mountain only seems to get frames, shirts and plush. And that one Olszewski box from years ago.

Touchdown

I’m ambivalent about anniversary merch, if i like the look I’ll buy it, just like party merch, but the plain dated stuff I never get as I feel it becomes outdated the moment the year ends. Anniversary or seasonal stuff I view as able to wear forever can’t explain why.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It’s odd that we don’t even have one Jim Shore Splash Mountain figure. Is there just no demand for Splash Mountain merch?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I’m ambivalent about anniversary merch, if i like the look I’ll buy it, just like party merch, but the plain dated stuff I never get as I feel it becomes outdated the moment the year ends. Anniversary or seasonal stuff I view as able to wear forever can’t explain why.
Because it is timeless.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So apparently this is a thing:

View attachment 392078

A reseller has it up for 'pre order' on eBay. I don't think it's been released in the park yet, and it's not on shopdisney yet.

I'll be picking one up in August. Looks like it'll be in the $20 range if I had to guess.
Is it just for display or can you apply it to a actual door? if it is something you can attach to a door and have it auto knock by itself its worth it. if not, its cool i guess but i dont see anything about it that makes me go " i have to have it !!" as a hardcore fan of the mansion.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

you know what piece or merch I would like based off The Mansion? I would like a really well done replica of the singing busts or have them put on a really cool shirt. or maybe a cool shirt of the cemetary scene. something iconic.

Rich T

Disney should hold a contest and invite artists to design Mike and Karen from the classic Haunted Mansion LP. The winning entry gets turned into a small resin sculpture of the duo, which would be bundled with a special edition of the record.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Disney should hold a contest and invite artists to design Mike and Karen from the classic Haunted Mansion LP. The winning entry gets turned into a small resin sculpture of the duo, which would be bundled with a special edition of the record.
Now that i can get behind. good idea.

Top Bottom