The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
I like that they're making miniature versions of the ride vehicles, but am I being too picky for wanting them to just make miniature versions that look exactly like real ones? And without the characters. I'd love an accurate Splash Mountain Log, Matterhorn Bobsled, Space Mountain Rocket, Indy Jeep.

Or, they could release miniature atomobiles that resemble the miniature ones originally found in the attraction.

I don't want a Jim Shore depiction of various characters and vehicles, I just want a depiction that's faithful to what's seen in Disneyland.

That would all be great too. I don’t find the Jim Shore designs too distracting though, especially on the Caterpillar ride vehicle they blend in very nicely and are not meant to be too showy.

They did make what you were looking for with those diecast vehicles from the early 2000s which were really well made and accurate. They do have the characters riding them though.

I’m excited that they are slowly coming out with cooler parks merch. The last time they made any model of Alice’s caterpillar vehicle was like 15 years ago with the diecast vehicles I mentioned.

EDIT: @SuddenStorm i was just on eBay and have to say I don’t like way the Jim Shore designs work with POTC or HM IP. However, I think it works well with the more whimsical Fantasyland stuff. Especially Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Interesting if true from @ocdisney

"Disneyland is quietly revoking annual passes of guests who buy and resell souvenirs"

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/...asses-of-guests-who-buy-and-resell-souvenirs/

Not like Disney hasn't created the problem with limited addition merch but they'll sell multiples to flippers.
Good!

It's definitely worse within the Funko Pop community. There have been multiple instances of me standing in line for one, hearing stock is low, and seeing individuals walking away with bags of close to 30. One time this guy just posted up at a table outside of WonderGround Gallery with 3 full bags at his feet and started eBay listing them.

Disney has limited sales to "5 per individual", but that just means some real sad folks rope their entire family in the mix so Mom buys 5, Dad buys 5, little Janie buys 5, and little Billy gets another 5. Nevermind that Janie and Billy are under 10 years old and using their parents credit card.

SuddenStorm

2019 is here- and with it, a number of notable anniversaries. Haunted Mansion is 50, Big Thunder 40, Splash Mountain 30.

Let's hope Big Thunder and Splash get some decent high end merchandise this year, but I worry Galaxy's Edge will take up the bulk of new merchandise for the park.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
2019 is here- and with it, a number of notable anniversaries. Haunted Mansion is 50, Big Thunder 50, Splash Mountain 30.

Let's hope Big Thunder and Splash get some decent high end merchandise this year, but I worry Galaxy's Edge will take up the bulk of new merchandise for the park.

That would be great. I think Haunted Mansion might get some cool merch for the sole reason that it’s a cash cow. Judging by POTCs 50th merch I wouldn’t expect more than Anniversary/ AP shirts

EDIT: forgot to finish that sentence @SuddenStorm.... I wouldn’t expect more than Anniversary/ AP shirts for the other attractions (BTMRR n Splash)

Last edited:

Figments Friend

'Tony's Mountain' ( aka BTMR ) turns 40 this year.
;)

Regarding Haunted Mansion merch -
For anyone interested, I noticed tonight while visiting the Mansion themed shop that the Doombuggie figures talked about earlier in this thread are back on the shelves.
I remember at some point hearing here that they had sold out, and wanted to give anyone looking for one a heads up.

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
'Tony's Mountain' ( aka BTMR ) turns 40 this year.
;)

Regarding Haunted Mansion merch -
For anyone interested, I noticed tonight while visiting the Mansion themed shop that the Doombuggie figures talked about earlier in this thread are back on the shelves.
I remember at some point hearing here that they had sold out, and wanted to give anyone looking for one a heads up.

-

Of course! Right when my pass expires. They were out of stock for the longest time. I see the price went up a few bucks too.

Figments Friend

Of course! Right when my pass expires. They were out of stock for the longest time. I see the price went up a few bucks too.

I was honestly surprised to find them, as the impression I had was they were hot sellers, sold out almost instantly, and were 'done'.

If you would like me to get one for you, let me know and I'll pick one up.
We can work out the details later.
:)

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
I was honestly surprised to find them, as the impression I had was they were hot sellers, sold out almost instantly, and were 'done'.

If you would like me to get one for you, let me know and I'll pick one up.
We can work out the details later.

-

That would be incredibly kind of you. Yes please. 😊 Thank you!!!

NateD1226

Releasing 1/26/19 at DLR and WDW:
BBDA51CE-F2AE-4BF5-857A-8EED072F3557.jpeg

Darkbeer1

I posted this elsewhere, but another thing Lisa hated.... Purple Fish Tacos!

http://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/10/why-disneyland-is-about-to-start-selling-purple-food/

>>The culinary forecast for Disneyland calls for purple rain with a strong chance of purple macarons, cake pops and churros as the Anaheim theme park makes a concerted push to turn #PotionPurple into a trending color on social media.

The Instagram-ready line of new Potion Purple foods launches Friday, Jan. 11, at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure as Disney’s latest attempt to capitalize on the popularity of posting food photos online.

From cobblers to pancakes to fish tacos, Disney will be turning food purple in hopes foodies will snap a photo of the colorful new menu items and share the pictures online from the most Instagrammed place on earth.

The Potion Purple color trend has already shown up in the form of Minnie ears headbands with spirit jerseys, backpacks, drink tumblers, jewelry and other merchandise on the way throughout the year.

Disney has made color-centric food and merchandise pushes in the past with rose gold and millennial pink items.

Disney’s product development team works diligently to stay on trend, said Stefanie Whitmore, Disneyland director of merchandise strategy & product development.

“Based on the enormous guest response this past year, we’ll be expanding our color stories in a big way in 2019,” Whitmore said via email.<<

Figments Friend

That would be incredibly kind of you. Yes please. 😊 Thank you!!!

My pleasure.
I will be at the Park tomorrow and check back at the shop.
Hopefully they haven't sold out again...!
If they still have them, I'll grab you one.

Now, just to confirm -
This would be the cool 'Doom Buggy Hologram ride vehicle' toy that makes sound, yes?
It's not a POP figure, it's the toy vehicle figure i saw.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

'Potion Purple' ...so that's what it's called.
I was seeing a lot of the new merch everywhere today at Disneyland in the shops.
It must have launched today, as I saw nothing yesterday.

I tried one of the 'purple' food items - the lavender milk tea at Red Rose Tavern.
It was quite tasty...milk tea with lemon flavored boba balls.
It was colored purple, and had purple whipped cream and purple sugar....and a real lavender flower stem.

All of this purple just reminds me of my favorite dragon!
;)

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
My pleasure.
I will be at the Park tomorrow and check back at the shop.
Hopefully they haven't sold out again...!
If they still have them, I'll grab you one.

Now, just to confirm -
This would be the cool 'Doom Buggy Hologram ride vehicle' toy that makes sound, yes?
It's not a POP figure, it's the toy vehicle figure i saw.

-

Yes! That’s the one! So nice of you. Thanks again!!

Figments Friend

Yes! That’s the one! So nice of you. Thanks again!!

You are welcome!
It will be on it's way to you soon.

For those interested -
I spotted these same Haunted Mansion Hologram Doom Buggy toys over at World of Disney ( Anaheim ) tonight.
They had more in stock then the Mansion shop in New Orleans Square, so if anyone wants one get over there and grab one!

-

NateD1226

This isn’t really Disneyland merch but I thought it was fun to share. Someone posted on a Disneyland FB group that they found this at dollar tree

07C2E98F-14FD-4D6F-B67E-AB40E20AEEDC.jpeg

Someone commented they found this as a blanket at Target. I really don’t know the point of this design but it’s really funny 😂😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom