The Mandalorian

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I bet Build-a-Bear threw themselves at Disney for the license...

They actually have a fairly long-standing relationship with the Star Wars franchise going back nearly all the way to the prequels if I am not mistaken.

Sharon&Susan

Hope this is canon
1579414638682.png

Darkprime

Id be surprised if they didn't want it released in October unless they were swapping places with one of the Marvel shows. Supposedly they're desperate for content. They could just be doing a shorter marketing campaign. Honestly they don't need to do much this time to hype up season 2. People are already hyped. One or two trailers with the release date would be enough. And they dont need to release a trailer months or weeks in advance either. The first John Wick movie had its trailer something like 6 weeks out from release back in 2014 and look how huge that franchise became.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just got text bombed that there are rumors that Disney is going reboot Star Wars?!?

Nah...that can’t be.

Anyone else get this from the geekdom?

There is a new prequels video game described as a sort of reboot.

There is a new Rian Johnson interview defending the prequels and one web site has in the middle of their article a clickbait link to a possible reboot story from back in January. So, anyone not liking at the date of the link would think it's new news.

Other than that, an Internet search reveals nothing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is a new prequels video game described as a sort of reboot.

There is a new Rian Johnson interview defending the prequels and one web site has in the middle of their article a clickbait link to a possible reboot story from back in January. So, anyone not liking at the date of the link would think it's new news.

Other than that, an Internet search reveals nothing.
It’s a hardo story making the rounds.

You can guess how it goes...throwing Kennedy, abrams and Johnson under the bus.

I’m not buying it...except that the “leaks” are saying Disney is tracking interest in Star Wars at an all time low and they could look to do something drastic. That might be worth 2%?

It’s 98% crazy...but not 100%

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s a hardo story making the rounds.

You can guess how it goes...throwing Kennedy, abrams and Johnson under the bus.

I’m not buying it...except that the “leaks” are saying Disney is tracking interest in Star Wars at an all time low and they could look to do something drastic. That might be worth 2%?

It’s 98% crazy...but not 100%

I don't suppose the four live action D+ series is 'something drastic'?

Wendy Pleakley

Their source is nerdrage fandome menace YouTube channel full of clickbaity rumors like these.

It's totally legitimate! They even offer PROOF in the article:

Doomcock offers proof that this may be happening is a scene that was included in Rise of Skywalker which featured Rey confronting her Dark Side self, where mirrors can be seen in the background. It's said it's unknown if Abrams knew what the scene was about, but it "demonstrates the plausibility of this rumor."

I mean, there are mirrors in the movie. If that isn't proof, I don't know what is /sarcasm. Also, I trust the word of Doomcock.

Seriously, this notion of rebooting something because people didn't like certain movies is silly.

The Star Wars universe is vast. They can tell any number of stories outside of the new trilogy or any other timeline, without the need to erase anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom