The main hurricane Charley thread (for WDW & Central Fla. discussion)

KevinPage

Power went out by 9:30pm last night. Woke up this morning, decided to head to the mother in law's at Celebration, who never lost power. Packed up the contents of our freezer and headed out. 15 miniutes later after getting on the road, my neighbor called to tell me power has been restored (1pm).

And I left sunny weather and now in the middle of a thunder storm at Celebration. LOL

MichRX7

Premium Member
paulcmartens
mkt (rob)
PhotoDave
The Mom
speck (Brad)
Turkey
orlpassholder
Thelazer
wdwprincess (kelly)
Angelique
Invero (Tyler)
Pilka214
Horizons1
Lokheed
ISTCrew20 (Patrick)
KevinPage (and wife)

Al

It's good to see the list ever increasing, I just hope we can get in touch with the few that aren't on there asap.

dmmgp2000

hey, just checking in. I havent posted for a while, so you probably don't know me....I live in Tallahassee but my family is in Largo, just north of St. Petersburg. My dad was out of town on a business trip so I evacuated with my mom, brother and dog Friday morning at 5:30am. Destination: Walt Disney World! We got to Old Key West at 7:45am and thankfully they let us into the room that early. My lab spent the night at the kennel at Epcot, she was fine too. My dad was able to fly into Orlando International during a break in the storm bands. The storm hit Disney around 9:00pm last night. We got a lot of it on video (a friend of mine is on his way over to watch it). Took a few pictures as well, but they are pretty much the same as the great pictures from MKT and some of the other members, so why bother posting what's already here? Anyway, back home in Largo now, Charley completely missed the Tampa Bay area as we all know by now. Catch ya later.

tigger248

Just thought I'd mention that I just spoke with one of my friends down there (who was miraculously getting cell phone reception). She said there was a lot of down trees (which we all already know), but also that a tornado hit the 192 area. Her fiance was supposed to be staying in a hotel (don't know which one) on 192 I think near Kissimmee. He's a seasonal cast member who was living at vista way and will be staying in a hotel until his college program starts. They ended up letting him stay the extra day at vista and he decided to wait out the storm at vista and then check into the hotel today. Good thing because the tornado hit the hotel. They said there was a lot of damage to the hotel and the area around it. I think she said the tornado started on Orange Blossom Trail and made it's way to 192. If someone knows something different, please feel free to correct me.

pinkrose

Not For Sale said:
What was it like in AK when the storm passed? Are the animals okay?

It is obvious to me that all WDWMagic members are immortal.

I hope that all of Sea Worlds animals are ok as well. I know they put in some of them, but the ones that stay outside in tanks are the one's I worry about. If they were near the surface and debris hit them they could have been seriously hurt or killed.

mermaidlagoon

A sigh of relief

Thank you all for your great information. I am new to this group, so no one here knows me. I have been relying on groups like this for information in the ORlando area. The TV news covers mostly the west coast where most of the damage was done. We on Kauai know first hand what hurricanes can do. My daughter is a CM there and we hadn't heard from her since just before 9PM your time,when the storm hit until just a few minutes ago. Finally, this mother can breathe. I am happy to say she is alright, but still without power.

Knowing that she is OK for now, we are also concerned about the others there. Is there any word on how the Poly (where she works) fared? We hope that Aunt Kaui and her other co-workers are OK. As I recollect, the Poly was pretty much open air.

We are hoping right along with you that all of your friends will be able to check in and everyone can breathe the same sigh of relief.

Keep writing, any nwe pics are appreciated, and thank you.

Tigggrl

Hi All! I am so happy to hear that so many members are safe! I have been glued to Magic and the tv...I didnt post last night, as I didnt want to tie up the threads with non info postings. I do have a question tho..Has anyone heard or seen what Damage was like in Port Charlotte?? I have friends there, and I havent heard from them yet. And also for Rob...Have you heard from Darren?? I have no long distance here on my phone. so I am unable to call. He lives off 192...Im getting worried.... :(

WDWFREAK53

A family friend of ours is missing.

She lived down there and her husband lived up here (she needed to be down there because of health reasons).

She called her husband yesterday...said her roof had been blown off...she was in the car...the water was rising...and then the phone cut out. We're just praying that the cell phone went out because of the towers.

(They have already been through enough...their daughter recently drowned when her car went off an embankment on a rainy night and landed in a river...)

I'll keep you updated.

pinkrose

WDWFREAK53 said:
A family friend of ours is missing.

She lived down there and her husband lived up here (she needed to be down there because of health reasons).

She called her husband yesterday...said her roof had been blown off...she was in the car...the water was rising...and then the phone cut out. We're just praying that the cell phone went out because of the towers.

(They have already been through enough...their daughter recently drowned when her car went off an embankment on a rainy night and landed in a river...)

I'll keep you updated.

I'll keep them in my prayers also. I hope she's ok.

Well My family and I made it through it. We live in Naples and as you can imagine quite scared. By luck the storm passed us with not a lot of damage. Although I have friends in the Port Charlotte and I have yet to get a hold of them.

WDWEric

Glad to hear everyone is okay, MY family in Lake Wales,Kissimmee and Frostproof are all okay, just down trees and stuff.

General Grizz

tigsmom said:
Glad you are okay...I'm adding you to the list...

paulcmartens
mkt (rob)
PhotoDave
The Mom
speck (Brad)
Turkey
orlpassholder
Thelazer
wdwprincess (kelly)
Angelique
Invero (Tyler)
Pilka214
Horizons1
Lokheed
ISTCrew20 (Patrick)
KevinPage (and wife)
General Grizz
daddyphat808

Has anyone heard from BwanaBob, Keenan, Erik? Which CPs are still there?
Jonnie, Josh, Aimee...
You are awesome. God bless all.

Brian, your friends are definitely in my prayers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom