The Magic of WDW

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
With so many threads about the negative aspects of Disney, I really wanted to start one that celebrates the magic of Disney. We all know that Disney can't please everyone and certainly we can spend time dwelling on what's not right in our opinions, but hey folks, I really want to get excited for my next trip and I want to feel the magic - don't you?

So, what do you think Disney does that makes you return again and again to experience the WDW Magic?

Fo me, it's the attention to detail that allows me to escape to different adventures. At the Magic Kingdom, I let loose the inner child and indulge in fantasy and adventure; at Epcot I expand my knowledge, enjoy some thrills, and travel to many lands in a day; at Hollywood Studios, I can pretend I'm in the movies, and at Animal Kingdom I can enjoy the beautiful landscape along with some amazing animals and attractions. Then after the day is over, I can slip into a resort that is fun and themed oasis.

CBug88

Agreed. I couldn't have said it better. Disney is just magical, and every year I just keep going back for more. Its a place to relax, unwind and just let go! MK brings out the kid in everyone, EPCOT you experience cultures and technology from all over the world, DHS shows us the movies we all love, and can be part of, and AK allows you see is animals of the past and present in a new and exciting way that only Disney could accomplish! It is simply an amazing place, that more people would appreciate and truly enjoy if they just slowed down and opened their eyes to all of the details around them!

shmmrname

There's tons of little things. Like how, I actually want to wake up early. Or, that first time you put on the Resort TV while you're unpacking.
But, most of the best parts are at night. Wishes/Illuminations can bring out some of the best emotions. And, I personally think that at least once on each trip, you'll see a kid just perfectly content. Usually, it's on a packed bus, with the lights off, and they're staring at their toy. It's just too cute.

I couldn't agree more with what everyone else has said. But for me, I think it's just a little bit of everything. When you are there, everything is just, well, PERFECT! I don't just go because the rides are fun, or I need a vacation. I go because of the whole package. Everything just falls into place. I love the music, the smells, the people, the diversity, the rides, the shops, the magic. I can't talk about Disney World and not have smile on my face!

Whenever I think about Disney, and simply being there, I get these butterflys in my stomach, and I am just happy. There isn't another place on this Earth that does that to me.

Tinkerbella16

I have been going to WDW every year since I was 6 years old (1992), and I just don't think I will ever get enough. People tell me all the time to travel somewhere else...to an island or something, but they just don't understand the appreciation I have for wdw. I would rather be having fun in the parks for a week, rather than drinking and eating on a beach. I can let go and be a kid all over again, I can forget about the real world and leave everything at home behind me, with no worries. No other place can do that like wdw does for me. The attention to detail is just amazing, the atmosphere is just magical, the restaurants are simply the best, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere but one of the WDW resorts...each one is just magical in its own way when it comes to theme... Staying on-site just makes the trip that much better. The sights, sounds, and SMELLS of wdw are something that keeps me coming back. I look forward to spending a day away from the parks just relaxing, shopping in DTD, resort hopping, having a meal at the Poly, and just playing it by ear. Like I've said, I've been going since I was 6 and I still can't sleep the night before we leave for WDW everytime...now thats something! I love everything about WDW and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

DisneyGigi

I have never had a countdown for any other vacation like I do when I go to Disney. I don't plan and look forward to any other trip that we take to the extreme that I do WDW.Sure I have fun but not like I do at WDW so clearly they are doing something right! I am taking my third trip in a little over a year and I will be planning my next trip before I leave. I LOVE it and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future. (or distant for the matter) It is magic and I cannot wait to be there again in 10 short days!

Epcotbob

Great thread! Nothing beats a Disney vacation!

What I can't understand is why Disney vacations are so mis-understood.

We take a family trip every 2 to 3 years. I would love to go more, but with 5 kids that's about all we can afford.

You wouldn't believe the flak we get from family and friends about going too often. "What?!?, your going again! weren't you just there 2 years ago!?!"

Example: My brother and I had frequent flyer miles, and since we are both WDW fanatics we decided to do a 5 night Disney package trip last January...alot of fun and only around $700/each for the MYW package plus dining, and something we hadn't done for 17 years!

Everyone looked at us like were were nuts "You grown men are going where ?!?"

I could have said we were going on a fishing, hunting or golf trip which would have at least cost as much as the Disney trip and no one would thought twice about it....but Disney!?!?

Anyway, we had a fantastic time!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

So happy about this thread. It's been pretty negative around here lately...

...Way too many magical things about Disney for me to even know where to start. But for me this year, it will be seeing my husband's face as he enters the world. He has never been and I'm looking forward to see him do all of his Disney firsts. It will be magical for me because my husband is pretty serious, studious, and isn't into magic, but I have a feeling I'll be able to convert him. ;)

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
Great thread! Nothing beats a Disney vacation!

What I can't understand is why Disney vacations are so mis-understood.

We take a family trip every 2 to 3 years. I would love to go more, but with 5 kids that's about all we can afford.

You wouldn't believe the flak we get from family and friends about going too often. "What?!?, your going again! weren't you just there 2 years ago!?!"

Example: My brother and I had frequent flyer miles, and since we are both WDW fanatics we decided to do a 5 night Disney package trip last January...alot of fun and only around $700/each for the MYW package plus dining, and something we hadn't done for 17 years!

Everyone looked at us like were were nuts "You grown men are going where ?!?"

I could have said we were going on a fishing, hunting or golf trip which would have at least cost as much as the Disney trip and no one would thought twice about it....but Disney!?!?

Anyway, we had a fantastic time!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

What a grand time - by the way, I loved the minicot, especially the synchronized fireworks/light show. Talent, tlaent, talent!

Tater48

For us, it's really hard to explain. I have a brother who takes his family snow skiing every year. Same lodge, same mountain, same everything and every year at Christmas he will always ask why we are planning another trip to Disney World. He has never been to the World before so he doesn't understand. I really can't place my finger on what it is that draws us back year after year after year. I think that a big part of it is just to escape the job that I do for a living. I see too many bad things in my day to day employment and I think the time we spend at Disney lets me escape reality for a while. I really enjoy the looks on the children's faces as they are wandering through the parks with their parents in tow, but what I really enjoy the most is the time I get to spend with my wife and the priceless look and grin on her face the whole time we are there. This past year we spent our 20th wedding anniversary there, but it was more like a honeymoon than an anniversary. It is like this every year.Yes, there is something magical about this place and I will be returning year after year after year, the good Lord willing.

Epcotbob

What a grand time - by the way, I loved the minicot, especially the synchronized fireworks/light show. Talent, tlaent, talent!

Thank You! We had alot of fun doing Minicot.....and I think family and friends probably thought we needed to be institutionalized at that point! :hammer:

Epcotbob

For us, it's really hard to explain. I have a brother who takes his family snow skiing every year. Same lodge, same mountain, same everything and every year at Christmas he will always ask why we are planning another trip to Disney World. He has never been to the World before so he doesn't understand. I really can't place my finger on what it is that draws us back year after year after year. I think that a big part of it is just to escape the job that I do for a living. I see too many bad things in my day to day employment and I think the time we spend at Disney lets me escape reality for a while. I really enjoy the looks on the children's faces as they are wandering through the parks with their parents in tow, but what I really enjoy the most is the time I get to spend with my wife and the priceless look and grin on her face the whole time we are there. This past year we spent our 20th wedding anniversary there, but it was more like a honeymoon than an anniversary. It is like this every year.Yes, there is something magical about this place and I will be returning year after year after year, the good Lord willing.

Exactly! He probably spends just as much or more on that ski vacation as you spend at Disney. I have a brother-in-law who takes the family to Mexico every year to sit on the beach and go scuba diving....no one bats an eye. Another one who spends a ton every year to go Bear hunting...no one say's a word.....but "Disney !?! oh now your just going overboard!!!"

The Empress Lilly

The magic...how to explain it. I don't know.

Last time I saw Fantasmic, the tension was just too much - I couldn't bare the thought of Mickey not prevailing. I just couldn't. At the finale, when he won and Steamboat Willy Mickey came floating through the mist, I started sobbing like a baby and I couldn't stop. :cry:

And I'm nearing forty and I do have a responsible job... :lookaroun

Hey, if Disney does that to me, then that's magic accomplished.

Poohyear

I'll tell you why I think Disney World is magic. You can't get experiences anywhere like you can at Disney World. For example, the last time I was at the World, I met this girl in line at Pirates. We hit it off pretty well. As the night went on the chemistry started bubbling. Then, we were by the Dumbo ride, right when our eyes locked and I went in for the kiss, BOOM, the fireworks started going off for the night time show. It was surreal, but so amazingly cool. The Disney ending would be that we got married and lived happily ever after. Did it happen? I will leave it up to your imagination.

Everyone on this board has a moment that keeps them coming back to Disney World. I don't know of any other place like it.

chrisdadrocks

My Best Memory

Even though this could be a bad memory I think it still magical. Me an my ex-wife honeymooned at Disney and decided to eat at the California Grill at the contemporary. We did not want o make a big deal just have a nice relaxing dinner. In passing we mentioned it was our honeymoon and at that point they made sure we had a good viewing durring wishes and gave us each a free glass of wine. This made up for a big complaint I had at Epcot earlier in the week but it just goes to show the two extrems at DIney that could happen. 99% of my trips have been great and they are still the best around at making you feel the magic. Its just unbelievable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom