The Magic is gone!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Negative. If you had a negative experience at WDW where you couldnt eat what you wanted or go where you pleased, then i truly do feel bad for you. Its a vacation, you're not in Nazi Germany.

Well in that case, I'm going to rush right over to Magic Kingdom to ride 7DMT three times and then have an early dinner at BoG! Maybe I'll take a quick couple of rides on FoP on the way home! /s

SaLeone

Well in that case, I'm going to rush right over to Magic Kingdom to ride 7DMT three times and then have an early dinner at BoG! Maybe I'll take a quick couple of rides on FoP on the way home! /s

Havent been on FoP yet, but if 7DMT and BoG are your two most desired things to do at WDW then you're doing it wrong.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Havent been on FoP yet, but if 7DMT and BoG are your two most desired things to do at WDW then you're doing it wrong.

So, when you say "If you had a negative experience at WDW where you couldnt eat what you wanted or go where you pleased, then i truly do feel bad for you.", you don't really mean it. What you really meant to say was "If you had a negative experience at WDW where you couldn't do things that I feel are more important than whatever it is that you want to do, you're doing it wrong.".

Let me add to that my own useless opinion. If you haven't been on FoP yet, you're doing it wrong.

SaLeone

So, when you say "If you had a negative experience at WDW where you couldnt eat what you wanted or go where you pleased, then i truly do feel bad for you.", you don't really mean it. What you really meant to say was "If you had a negative experience at WDW where you couldn't do things that I feel are more important than whatever it is that you want to do, you're doing it wrong.".

Let me add to that my own useless opinion. If you haven't been on FoP yet, you're doing it wrong.

Not true. If you wanted to ride 7DMT 3 times and eat at BoG in the same day, its definitely possible. I was just putting my 2 cents in. FoP was also not open the last time I was there, but props to you for trying to be witty.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not true. If you wanted to ride 7DMT 3 times and eat at BoG in the same day, its definitely possible. I was just putting my 2 cents in. FoP was also not open the last time I was there, but props to you for trying to be witty.

Are you saying that it's definitely possible to do those things today without planning if I leave for MK right now?

Amos1784

The moral of the story is WDW is not for everyone. Some kids can handle crowds and long days some absolutely can not, same goes for adults. We have been to Hawaii and San Diego recently with my family, when we were in San Diego we took boat tours, in Hawaii we visited Pearl Harbor, while all the adults loved it my niece was bored out of her mind all she wanted to do was swim. We took her to Disney in March and she had no problem waiting in extensive lines to take pictures with characters and get autographs. If your grandkids do not want to go back or did not enjoy it I don't know that it was just necessarily because Disney has lost it's magic, maybe it just wasn't for them anymore like it was at one time. You stated the price and the weather, in October Florida is still hot, that is a known fact. Regarding price I don't know how many of you there are but around here if you take a family of 5 to a Chicago Bears game it will run you 750.00 for a 2 hour sporting event, nothing really is cheap anymore. Disney is hot, Disney is not cheap, Disney is not for everyone. However I don't think that it is losing its magic by any means, at least for my family. :)

SaLeone

Yep

Now, maybe you can answer my question?

Lmao when you have to lie to try to make a point, thats when i respectfully pull myself out of the conversation. We all know BoG is popular and is booked in advance. However, if you are planning a vacation in advance like a normal human being, you can certainly get a reservation. You can also go to MK right now and ride 7DMT 3 times if thats what you choose to do.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Lmao when you have to lie to try to make a point, thats when i respectfully pull myself out of the conversation. We all know BoG is popular and is booked in advance. However, if you are planning a vacation in advance like a normal human being, you can certainly get a reservation. You can also go to MK right now and ride 7DMT 3 times if thats what you choose to do.

Aww, are you calling me a liar? You're special.

Obviously your answer to my question is "no", but you simply can't admit it. That's ok, you don't have to say the word little guy.

SaLeone

Aww, are you calling me a liar? You're special.

Obviously your answer to my question is "no", but you simply can't admit it. That's ok, you don't have to say the word little guy.

Lmao no, ofcourse you cant without planning. But if you were planning a vacation for somewhere in the future then yes, it is certainly possible. Its also possible to not be such a dooche on a DISNEY message board, but i dont see that in your future.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Lmao no, ofcourse you cant without planning. But if you were planning a vacation for somewhere in the future then yes, it is certainly possible. Its also possible to not be such a dooche on a DISNEY message board, but i dont see that in your future.

Now you're name calling, that makes you even more special. WDW is just up the street. Not everyone who visits it is on vacation and not everyone who visits it plans 180 days in advance before they do. Sometimes people just go there because they can.

SaLeone

Now you're name calling, that makes you even more special. WDW is just up the street, not everyone who visits it is on vacation and not everyone who visits it plans 180 days in advance before they do. Sometimes people just go there because they can.

Did i hurt your feelings? If you wanna go to BoG so bad, then make a reservation in advance. Its that simple. If you wanna ride 7DMT 3 times in a day, then do it...nobody is stopping you.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Did i hurt your feelings? If you wanna go to BoG so bad, then make a reservation in advance. Its that simple. If you wanna ride 7DMT 3 times in a day, then do it...nobody is stopping you.

So what you are really saying is that you didn't mean what you said before about feeling bad if someone can't do something they wanted to do. :cool:

DisneyDoctor

Lol so now that we've settled that.. is there any chance a fifth gate is built? It seems like such an obvious fix, but maybe I'm overlooking things.

pax_65

WDW is just up the street. Not everyone who visits it is on vacation and not everyone who visits it plans 180 days in advance before they do. Sometimes people just go there because they can.

I would be even more bummed if I was a local. There was a time when we'd wake our kids up early on vacation and ask them "What park do you want to do today?" and based on their answer, that's where we'd go. We'd get there at park open and ride stuff, grab paper FPs along the way. We did everything we wanted to do without planning and without standing in massive lines. Those days are gone.

Going back even farther, I can remember walking into restaurants without an ADR and getting a table after a short wait. I can also remember the reservations center located under Spaceship Earth where you could easily make dining reservations for that current week - even at the most popular restaurants. All you needed was a few days of planning. By the time we were on property and in the park, we had some idea where we wanted to eat and on what day.

If I lived locally I would love doing a spur-of-the-moment Disney trip, just eating where we felt like eating and doing whatever attractions we felt like doing. But I don't see how that could work these days, unless you're willing to be satisfied with whatever you can get... which in my experience would be the teacups followed by Harbor House (preferably in that order) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom