The Living Seas: Through the Grapevine

josh_e_washie

Yeah, TLS has so much potential. I just hope that with Nemo coming out it doesn't lose all of its maturity. I really like the place...it almost reminded me on an interactive museum...which I guess it was. But I just hope that it doesn't become a playground for little kids under the sea!:)

Rickinnyc

Originally posted by Bill
There's no water leak. That's just crazy. LOL. The Seacabs were closed because they were a "terrorist threat." Please, don't ask me why they are. I can only assume it's because there were no doors on the seacabs. LOL. No clue really though. There are plans though to remove the sea cabs and create a walk through there. :)

That is one of the most ridiculous, let alone IRRESPONSIBLE, things I've ever read. A "terrorist threat"??? "LOL" indeed.

The sea cabs had been closed down well before 9/11 ever occured and you know it. And if you didn't know it, then perhaps you should do a bit more research before posting something so incredibly preposterous. I can't imagine what kind of "facts" are offered on your own website Bill.

Bill

Account Suspended
I'm sorry, NO, All of WDI was told it they were closed as a terrorist threat. And it's pretty pricy to insure (as Now said) a terrorist target. If it can be left out, there's no need to fund insurance, espically at that high price.

johnvree

Originally posted by Rickinnyc
That is one of the most ridiculous, let alone IRRESPONSIBLE, things I've ever read. A "terrorist threat"??? "LOL" indeed.

The sea cabs had been closed down well before 9/11 ever occured and you know it. And if you didn't know it, then perhaps you should do a bit more research before posting something so incredibly preposterous. I can't imagine what kind of "facts" are offered on your own website Bill.
Easy does it... No need to attack. I don't think Bill was spreading misinformation. Actually, I have heard this before. Not that I know if it is true, but it's out there.

Brian_B

Original Poster
Third eye:

The diameter of the main tank of the living seas is larger than the diameter of spaceship earth. The whole geosphere wouldn't be completely submerged, but it could easily fit within the tank. Think of a golf ball in a tumbler, if that helps
-Brian

Dr Albert Falls

I got the impression the original poster was being sarcastic about the underwater tunnel "terror threat"--- a kind of tongue-in-cheek comment poking fun at how terrorism threats have altered everything in our lives.

As for the tunnels REALLY being a terror target--- c'mon you guys! Use your brains!

If one of the underwater tunnels were to be damaged by natural or man-made means, water would "flood" the tunnel for only a very brief moment. Almost immediately, all of the water would go rushing out the pavilion's many doors.

Like any type of building destruction, a damaged underwater tunnel would certainly cause injuries. But the kind that would specifically make that building a "terror target"??? I really doubt it.

RU42

How is closing the Sea Cab portion any less of a terrorist threat? OK, so they set off the bomb in the main section instead of the Cab area. Think about it, a bomb anywhere down there would be devistating - not just one in the Sea Cab section.

Maybe they made that announcement but I would have loved to hear the resulting laughing as they would have tried to tell that to the WDI folks.

RU

Bill

Account Suspended
And you would have heard it, I assure you. I'm only repeating what was told to WDI... it's a terrorist threat.:lol:

I think we all know that it's just Eisner trying to save a buck... but remember, the Sea Cabs had no doors... they wern't exactly "safe" either. Sea Cabs had a lot of E-stops as well, as I'm sure any CM who worked there can confirm, there is a system of pressure sensor mats placed all along the route through the tunnels. People would stick something out, hit the mat and it would call for an automatic E-stop. And Insurance for a omnimover with no door was kinda high as well. But, WDI was told it was a terrorist threat. Don't shoot the messenger. ;)

DarkMeasures

They could always add lap-bars to the seacabs, or they could install a laser defense system that kills anyone who leaves the cabs on sight........ but the lazer defense system would be way to expensive.... and I could imagine a lot of dead people and people sueing....

Also, I remember hearing back in 2000 that the top floor of imagination was supposed to reopen in 2001...... That is what all the CMs told me back then.....

Stupid insurance. I am probably going to be charged to much on my car that it would be cheaper to be uninsured....

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Brian_B
Third eye:

The diameter of the main tank of the living seas is larger than the diameter of spaceship earth. The whole geosphere wouldn't be completely submerged, but it could easily fit within the tank. Think of a golf ball in a tumbler, if that helps
-Brian

Yes. The Living Seas main tank is 203 feet in diameter (Spaceship Earth is 165) and 27 feet deep. Which translates to 5.7 million gallons plus a million backup; the sixth largest ocean in the world. The outer walls of the Living Seas tank could slide over Spaceship Earth with 19 feet of space on either side. So basically if the tank were to stand on end, it would be 23 feet taller than Spaceship Earth (which stands at 180 feet).

Rickinnyc

Originally posted by Bill
I'm sorry, NO, All of WDI was told it they were closed as a terrorist threat. And it's pretty pricy to insure (as Now said) a terrorist target. If it can be left out, there's no need to fund insurance, espically at that high price.

B.S. The Sea Cabs were shut down BEFORE 9/11, hence BEFORE anyone ever dreamed of any kind of terrorist threat to WDW. Sure, the U.S. always considered specific areas throughout the country as potential targets since the Cold War.

If you're going to post inflamatory comments about potential terrorist threats in WDW, I suggest you do your research. And I won't settle for "but my friend told me that Jon told him..." nonsense. State your source and provide a link.

Kwit35

lol

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
They could always add lap-bars to the seacabs, or they could install a laser defense system that kills anyone who leaves the cabs on sight........ but the lazer defense system would be way to expensive.... and I could imagine a lot of dead people and people sueing....

The mental picture I have right now...:lol:
Think Austin Powers...sharks...lasers...lol

Kwit35

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
Sorry if I sound really dumb here but theres an upstairs in the Imagination pavillion??????!
There used to be an entire playground upstairs. It was sort of like what they have after the ride now, but the upstairs version was bigger and better. More colors, lights, sounds...
The whole ride has gone "smaller". Less stimulation, less excitement, less fun, less imagination!

bearboysnc

Originally posted by Brian_B
Third eye:

-Brian

But isn't seabase alpha on the middle of the tumbler?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom