The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

mergatroid

Original Poster
I was thinking back to when Universal opened Diagon Alley for the first time and how they opened the park at something like 6am that morning to allow guests to start queueing. They even had the lines go backstage behind MIB such were the numbers and had thousands of bottles of water to hand out free to those waiting for hours on end. Wait times for Gringotts were showing 5 hours or more for weeks after opening and everything appeared quite crazy :eek:

I'm just wondering if we'll see similar when Avatar Land opens its doors for the first time or not? I can't imagine Disney opening 'backstage' areas to house those waiting but I wonder if they'll open the park hours early to let the queueing commence or just allow it to develop outside the general entrance to the park itself? Also I wonder if they'll hit the wait times of 5 or 6 hours initially or was the interest in Diagon Alley something unique that won't be replicated at the AK?

mm52200

I was thinking back to when Universal opened Diagon Alley for the first time and how they opened the park at something like 6am that morning to allow guests to start queueing. They even had the lines go backstage behind MIB such were the numbers and had thousands of bottles of water to hand out free to those waiting for hours on end. Wait times for Gringotts were showing 5 hours or more for weeks after opening and everything appeared quite crazy :eek:

I'm just wondering if we'll see similar when Avatar Land opens its doors for the first time or not? I can't imagine Disney opening 'backstage' areas to house those waiting but I wonder if they'll open the park hours early to let the queueing commence or just allow it to develop outside the general entrance to the park itself? Also I wonder if they'll hit the wait times of 5 or 6 hours initially or was the interest in Diagon Alley something unique that won't be replicated at the AK?
I'm sure it'll be very crowded and see insane crowds, maybe not quite the Harry Potter level of Universal? Honestly I don't know for sure what to expect.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Large crowds along with overflow parking, alternate, possibly backstage entrances and exits are to be expected with any new land that Disney opens. However, I will be beyond shocked if they even come close to what we saw at Universal for Hogwarts.

Avatar simply does not have the built in fan base that Potter does.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Large crowds along with overflow parking, alternate, possibly backstage entrances and exits are to be expected with any new land that Disney opens. However, I will be beyond shocked if they even come close to what we saw at Universal for Hogwarts.

Avatar simply does not have the built in fan base that Potter does.
This. There again FLE was nowhere near swamped on opening morning. Very busy but very manageable.

deere839

hopefully it wont be as long as the flying dinosaur when it opened up the other day at Universal Japan with a 750 min wait and having to close the line 20 mins after opening

captainmoch

hopefully it wont be as long as the flying dinosaur when it opened up the other day at Universal Japan with a 750 min wait and having to close the line 20 mins after opening
Woah! Then again, isn't USJ the most attended Universal park and like, 5th most attended park in general?

CastleBound

So wait... I saw that the other day, was it legit? I thought it was just a glitch.

CastleBound

It was real 15 mins after it opened it was at 650 mins wait plus universal Japan is the most popular universal park with just a tad over Epcot attendance I believe
Hey, Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, and I run a podcast about it, but I'm not waiting 11 hours in line for a roller coaster. Just absurd.

Fox&Hound

I'm curious about this too. I think it will be staggered because while a lot of people will want to see it and experience it, I think even more people will want to see it at night when it is aglow. I think that will change the idea of people beating down the doors when the park opens to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom