The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

Tavernacle12

I don't think Avatar has the fanbase to create massive lines like Potter does. What's likely to happen is huge lines the first week or two (2+ hours) for both rides and then they average out to being like Soarin, Test Track, Mine Train, and Mania. Frozen at Epcot will presumably have more insane lines since neither the ride nor the Pavilion were built to handle the presumed popularity. I don't think people will necessarily plan a trip just for Avatar, but it may be the 'feather on the camel's back' to justify a return if they were already thinking about it.
Star Wars is when the insanity will happen. I don't want to be anywhere near the parks for the first few months after that opens, and even then I'll just run in with FPs until it becomes manageable.

RSoxNo1

I don't think Avatar has the fanbase to create massive lines like Potter does. What's likely to happen is huge lines the first week or two (2+ hours) for both rides and then they average out to being like Soarin, Test Track, Mine Train, and Mania. Frozen at Epcot will presumably have more insane lines since neither the ride nor the Pavilion were built to handle the presumed popularity. I don't think people will necessarily plan a trip just for Avatar, but it may be the 'feather on the camel's back' to justify a return if they were already thinking about it.
Star Wars is when the insanity will happen. I don't want to be anywhere near the parks for the first few months after that opens, and even then I'll just run in with FPs until it becomes manageable.
Harry Potter has changed our way of thinking (and Disney's as well). The IP should never be the driver of lines, quality should be. The reason why Harry Potter did so well is that the IP lent itself to an amazing themed land and they pulled it off. The rabid fan base associated with that IP helped maintain those crowds, but the crowds shouldn't be the only measure of success.

Avatar absolute lends itself to being an amazing themed land and while construction is intriguing if the attractions or the land is subpar it's not going to matter. If it's quality it won't generate the crowds that Potter generated (as you said, the IP fan base isn't there) but it can still be considered a success.

Next Big Thing

Not on the first morning when the shrubs opened. Prior to that only Belle had been in random softs.

Or are you talking about the official top brass opening day?
I have pictures from 10/12/12 - the first day of softs. I remember reading about it on twitter and went over. LM and Belle were open as well as Gaston's and the gift shop. BOG obviously not open, but the bridge over to it was.

This was a continuous thing from there on out until 12/6, when both FLE and the new TT opened.

Also, FLE opened piecemeal, whereas Pandora will open all at once, which should help.

Next Big Thing

I was at the opening on that day at 10am. Actually got in at 855. Shame we didn't say hi!

You don't think Avland will have softs then?
I didn't show up until mid-afternoon. I've never waited probably even half as long for LM since that day. I think I waited somewhere around 65 mins.

And yes, I think it'll have them, but I also think they will be much more limited. If they seriously want to get this area open for Earth Day next year, I don't think we get more than a month - if that - of softs. What're the chances you'd put it at for opening by that date next year?

twebber55

with all due respect to NFL this is a much bigger deal in terms of money being put into it
i fully expect at least a 15% bump at DAK in 2017 and who knows when ROL goes live that might get pushed back to the fall for all we know

RSoxNo1

I have pictures from 10/12/12 - the first day of softs. I remember reading about it on twitter and went over. LM and Belle were open as well as Gaston's and the gift shop. BOG obviously not open, but the bridge over to it was.

This was a continuous thing from there on out until 12/6, when both FLE and the new TT opened.

Also, FLE opened piecemeal, whereas Pandora will open all at once, which should help.
Enchanted Tales with Belle had previews as early as 8/30/2012

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom