The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

mergatroid

Original Poster
I remember years back when Everest opened. Even in the UK it was hyped quite heavily. A few news magazine tv shows had film crews over there for official opening and it was widely piblicised. I'd imagine with Avatar it will be hyped much more as they'll have James Cameron and stars from the film there, probably getting even more tv interest due to this.

Anyway it's been interesting reading the different opinions and thanks for the replies.

twebber55

I remember years back when Everest opened. Even in the UK it was hyped quite heavily. A few news magazine tv shows had film crews over there for official opening and it was widely piblicised. I'd imagine with Avatar it will be hyped much more as they'll have James Cameron and stars from the film there, probably getting even more tv interest due to this.

Anyway it's been interesting reading the different opinions and thanks for the replies.
this is exactly why i think the opening will be bigger than some think
Disney plus Lightstorm/James Cameron means huge media attention

twebber55

Oh it'll be huge. It'll be like Potter 2010 all over again. After all, this is their one billion dollar potter. All the stops will be pulled out.

Frozen will be so yesterday.
im very interested to see the marketing from disney in regards to this frozen makeover
do they go all out?

Brian Swan

FLE had also been soft opened for 2 months tho.
The first day that 7DMT was open for "regular" (albeit "soft") operations was the 24-hour Fri of Memorial Day weekend. I went there directly at the 6:00 AM RD and got on it with a 20 min wait. By noon the line was up to 150 min, and by 2:30 AM (when I left) it was still upwards of 75 min. And there had been no "official announcement" that it would be running that day - just "word of mouth rumors". The "official grand opening" was about a month later (if I remember correctly). With a well-publicized opening day for Pandora, I expect the crowds will be totally crazy. The best hope is if they do an unannounced "soft opening" period and you happen to be there when they do...

Next Big Thing

The first day that 7DMT was open for "regular" (albeit "soft") operations was the 24-hour Fri of Memorial Day weekend. I went there directly at the 6:00 AM RD and got on it with a 20 min wait. By noon the line was up to 150 min, and by 2:30 AM (when I left) it was still upwards of 75 min. And there had been no "official announcement" that it would be running that day - just "word of mouth rumors". The "official grand opening" was about a month later (if I remember correctly). With a well-publicized opening day for Pandora, I expect the crowds will be totally crazy. The best hope is if they do an unannounced "soft opening" period and you happen to be there when they do...
I wasn't talking about the Mine Train opening though. I know very well how that day went as I was there and stood in that line. And although significantly later in the night - close to about 1-2 AM - We still waited at least 90 mins.

ThemeParkJunkee

I would think they would have dress rehearsals prior to opening and can see a scenario similar to when they opened AK. We were staying onsite at CBR and when we checked in, the CM gave us free tickets to AK to use any day of our stay. This was 8 weeks prior to the official opening. Perhaps there will be some sort of limited access soft openings to work the kinks out for several weeks, followed by General soft openings.

IMFearless

Just booked our next trip for 27th Sep 2017 so hoping everything will be open by then. There's no certainty with any project of this nature ever these days though. ROL is a typical example of this.

twebber55

CigKd0PXIAEbePx.jpg

pic from the dis twitter
if anyone ever questions if avatar will have long lines just remember this is the look to get into Disney springs today

Daveeeeed

Do you think the lines at the other parks will drop or do you think they'll increase as more people will go to wdw? I have a feeling Disney is trying their best to disperse crowds from the Magic Kingdom, and to the other parks. They would be more than happy if MK would drop in attendance if Animal Kingdom would have a spike like California adventure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom