The League of Dreamers - An Imagineering Contest

figmntal95

What is considered a clone? For instance, in our Fantasyland, we had Pinnochio's Daring Journey, which kept the name of the original attraction, but multiple HUGE elements were changed. The ride vehicle, technology, almost everything. Is that still a clone, because Pinnochio has already been made into an attraction?

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
To answer your first question, we guessed that it was a clone since it was a dark ride with the same name. Ill say it again, please make sure that information is correct.

To answer your second question, I will be posting the new land momentarily, and it will not be Fantasyland.

---TrevorA

MaterA113

Also, just a note! If it can be misconstruded (sp?) as a clone (ie Pinocchios Daring Journey), even if has same name PLEASE describe how it is, not just the name of the attraction. We want to KNOW that its different

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As we close on our second week of the League of Dreamers, I would just like to remind everyone that, while you are able to turn in your projects late, we are running on a fixed schedule. When the game ends, your park is finished. With that in mind, let's move on to our third week's assigments...

It's time for you to re-create the eras and locales of the greatest adventure stories ever told. Explorers have navigated the tropical rivers of the world, ridden the winds over the Arabian desert, sung along with the flowers and birds of the South Seas, and gone swashbuckling through the Spanish Main. Now it's your turn. Welcome to a place for the young at heart and the brave at spirit - welcome to Adventureland.

The same rules apply as all the other lands so far in the game, but we have made one modification. Instead of a secret project later in the week, you will be working on a second re-imagined attraction to work on. This also means that we will be having two secret projects in the same week sometime later in the game as well, so watch out for that.

We're giving the teams three choices for their re-imagined attraction. You will be choosing two. Choose wisely, because you will not be allowed to include the third attraction at all in your Adventureland.

1. Jungle Cruise
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Indiana Jones

Good luck, Dreamers.

---TrevorA

MaterA113

NOTE: If you dont choose Jungle Cruise YOU MAY NOT have another 'version' of the Jungle Cruise (i.e. no Never Built DLP attraction Jungle Expedition)

ddbowdoin

so will group leaders just make a new thread soon and we'll go from there? I'm pretty excited to jump aboard, albeit its 2 weeks late now. better later than never.

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Anyone from the team can create the thread, and then you can begin, yes.

---TrevorA

This project is incredibly interesting, and I have been lurking enthusiastically for several weeks now. I'm totally in on the next contest, but I was wondering if you'd consider letting individuals compete next time? Seeing as how the teams keep falling apart...

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@CharlieD: I'm posting the thread.

@Illumination: The team aspect is here to stay, at least for the League of Dreamers. If you'd like more of a balance, you should check out our newest season of The Imagineer, which begins sign-ups later in the summer.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@Stratofarius: They are not scheduled to overlap, so you will be able to participate in both.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay, here's the info on the newest land. Since we've experienced a couple of delays, we're going to push the due date on this to one week from Saturday - which is July 10th. So far, we have one submission on this site, so the Future Corps can begin work on the new land. In addition, our newest (merged) team can also begin work on this land. Here's the current players on our newest team, Team ImageWorks!

Team ImageWorks:
Tahu
adv.bluedude
JohnLocke
Illumination (pending approval)

You guys can start working, but we are also looking for one last player for that team.

Now, without further ado, here's the new project:

In the spirit of Independence Day this week, our newest land celebrates the American pioneer. It is the perfect embodiment of the wonder of the unknown and the quest to discover it, whether it be by land, water, or rail. It's a time of endless summers and lazy rivers. Stay a while, and you'll see why so many folks choose to call it home. Welcome to Frontierland, partner. Your re-imagined attraction for this week will be the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue. In Florida, the early 1800's style of the saloon at the boundary to Liberty Square marks the end of the East and the beginning of the West - the perfect way for you to head off into the unknown wilderness. Check back soon to hear about your secret project for the week.

Good luck Dreamers, we're counting on you.

---TrevorA

MaterA113

The Imagineer WILL have a more indiviudal element (Sign Ups Coming August 2010)

AND YES you can still participate in The Imagineer if you are in LoD, and as Trevor said, LoD and TI will not overlap! (the sign ups might overlap with LoD, but actual GAME will NOT)

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^We're working on it. You have to understand that this is the inaugural season of the League of Dreamers; it was difficult to for us judge the level of commitment that this would take, and it still ended up being too much for some players. We now have a feel of what it takes to run a contest of this type, and if we do this again, I'm confident the popularity will increase tenfold. I'm sure you wanted a better answer, but for now, you and Team Communicore are doing a fantastic job, and that's really all we need to prove the legitimacy of the game. I hope you're having a good time, it sure is fun to watch you guys!

---TrevorA

Im in! Awesome. So, does our team have to also create all of the other lands and submit them? If so, wow, we have alot of catching up to do. Also, for the required shows in the park, do parades count as shows? They have live people. Also, what about fireworks or night time shows like fantasmic? Shows that could count towards our 8?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom