The League of Dreamers - An Imagineering Contest

MaterA113

YOU also have o remember tht HKDL's attractions consider the Liki Tikis and Fantasy Gardens as attractions, which they really ARENT

In total with Attractons (35), shows (8) and varous re-imagied attractions you will have OVER 45 attractions/shows...

We're not budging on the numbers :)

Disneyson 1

.. which means that these re-imagined attractions have no impact on your final count of attractions, to clear things up.

The projects will most likely take around a week and a half to do, but as soon as you've finished with your idea you can submit your idea for approval.

P.S. The CoP doesn't really technically HAVE to be a rotating theatre... you just need to keep the name and the general theme.

Just throwin' it out there...

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Jasonflz has officially dropped out of the competition. JohnLocke will be joining Team Seabase Alpha, and Team Figment will be disqualified if none of the remaining players post in their thread.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@WDW Vacationer: Since your parks are not affiliated with WDW (aside from the Disney name), your question seems irrelevant. Why do you ask?

---TreorA

MaterA113

Just checking in teams to see how you all are doing.

Note, though there isnt a due date for the projects, they should be completed in a timely manner (around a week/week and half at max), i feel that some of you havent worked (on the thread) in a couple days, maybe your doing somewhere else, which is ok, but just letting you know.

This is scheduled to end in July, and The Imagineer Season 3 Sign Ups will begin BEFORE this is completed, but wont start until AFTER this is finished (around August 1).

Sorry for this interuption, just letting yall know!

Have A Magical Day!

CharlieD

Will we get to do any other lands other than the main ones already mentioned?

Critter Country? Toontown? Liberty Square? New Orleans Square? Discovery Bay? Shadowlands? Hollywoodland? Pirateland? Something else?

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hello again, future Imagineers.

It’s been a little over a week since the League of Dreamers has started, and the response has been huge! We were hoping to create a real-life simulation of the jobs of the dreamers and doers of WDI, and you guys really seem to like the format of the game. But, much like the real Imagineers, we’re always looking for ways to “plus” our creations, which is why we’re going to do something of a “restructure” of LoD.

When the game started, we wanted to try out a competition without deadlines, just to give you players a little more freedom. It was a good idea on paper, but it doesn’t really lend itself to the limited timetable that we were looking for in this particular contest. So, we’ve decided to re-boot the game with slightly different rules, mostly being the fact that each land will have to be completed in one week’s time. You and your teammates will have to work together to get all the projects done before the time’s up, or else your theme park will be one land smaller than everyone else’s. Luckily, you won’t need to have your projects in complete detail when you present them to the Board of Directors; you will only need to have a description of each portion of the land, and the entire land finished by the end of the summer. The great thing about deadlines is that you will be able to go back and work on previous lands if you get done with the current one early.

Everything else pertaining to the game will remain the same. Here are a couple quick reminders of what you need:

I. At minimum:
-1 Quick Service Restaurant
-2 Shops
-2 Meet and Greets

II. At maximum:
-35 Attractions
-4 Table Service Restaurants
-8 Shows

III. Each land will have one re-imagined attraction and one secret project. NEW!: the secret project will be announced halfway through the week, so stay tuned for that.

IV. Your park will have no more than 12 (1/3) of it’s attractions as clones, not counting the re-imagined attractions.

For now, we will be skipping Main Street, just to keep with the idea of re-boot. Rest assured, we’ll come back to it later, so don’t forget all your great ideas. Today we will be starting with Fantasyland, the first of two parts of Fantasyland. The reason we are splitting Fantasyland into two parts is because we have two re-imagined attractions and two secret projects for this particular land, and because we expect that you will be designing more attractions for this area of the park. Be that as it may, you will only be required to complete one land’s worth of the criteria. We will be working on Fantasyland for this week, and picking it back up for another week down the road.

Finally, before we go off to our separate brainstorming corners of the forum, let me reveal the re-imagined attraction for this week. Let’s play a little guessing game, and see if you can figure it out. Climb aboard and glide past nearly 300 brightly costumed dolls and animals as they sing everyone’s favorite song and dance on the shores of the Seven Seaways water canals that embrace this miniature globe. That’s right, folks, I’m talking about “it’s a small world”, another Walt Disney World’s Fair classic attraction. Be as creative as you want.

Let me say, good luck to you, Dreamers. Fantasyland is due on Wednesday, June 16th. Please reply with any questions, I’m sure may be a little confusing for some.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^No, we will be returning to Main Street. We're just moving on, for now.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@WDW Vacationer: You will be approaching this like any other land, we have just spread it out over two weeks so that you will be able to complete the extra attractions that you probably will have. Small world is the equivalent to the Carousel of Progress in this round.

@CharlieD: They will count as clones, unless you re-imagine them. The Board of Directors will be the judge of that, but try to make it as different as you can to be safe, if that's what you are going for.

@hack2112: Do not work on your castles yet.

---TrevorA

RandySavage

Dear Contest Participants:

I draw conceptual site plans for Blue Sky parks. You can see an example of my Shanghai Disneyland here:
http://micechat.com/forums/shanghai-disneyland/138545-my-conceptual-site-plan-sdl.html

If, at the end of this contest, you would like the park you've created done in a similarly-styled, semi-professional, concept site plan (to keep as a souvenir of all your brainstorming and hard work), let me know. However, it would be a fee-based service.

Cheers and have fun.

mharrington

They will count as clones, unless you re-imagine them. The Board of Directors will be the judge of that, but try to make it as different as you can to be safe, if that's what you are going for.

What if we tweaked the Dumbo ride in particular so as to add in a new thrill element? I was thinking of taking the Dumbo ride and increasing the capacity of the elephants with two seats each instead of one and add another switch in the back seat that can pitch the elephant forward and backward, in addition to the switch that can raise or lower the elephant. As a result, we would merge the movement of the Dumbo ride with that of the Aladdin's Carpets ride from WDW. That's what I'd do to re-imagine the Dumbo ride. Or is that not enough? If not, I understand. I was just trying to think of a way to re-imagine a Dumbo ride that can't really be all that re-imagined too much.

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^While it's a good idea, I don't think it will be quite enough to be classified as a separate re-imagined attraction. The good news is that you have 12 clones to spend, so use them wisely!

---TrevorA

mharrington

^While it's a good idea, I don't think it will be quite enough to be classified as a separate re-imagined attraction. The good news is that you have 12 clones to spend, so use them wisely!

---TrevorA

Yeah, that's the problem. Picking and choosing 12 attractions to be cloned is going to be complicated. Hence why I was trying to come a way to re-imagine a preexisting ride. There was a bit of leeway with Small World, but still...

Would the railroad around the park or the vehicles on be considered clones?

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The vehicles that you have designed at VF - no. The railroad - yes.

---TrevorA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom