The Land evacuated 10/31!

WDW1974

Things like this always happen (funny no one mentioned that a chunk of rockwork fell in the Splash Mountain load area last week and onto the logs below, no one was hurt from what I was told) ... when people say WDW is falling apart, they aren't kidding or being dramatic. You can't neglect parks for 15 years and think everything will run normally from a monorail to an escalator. Everything has a breaking point.

The Empress Lilly

Considering the number of people they carry per day, I am surprised they still work at all.
Considering the number of people they carry per day, I'm surprised they don't bother maintaining these escalators properly.

Escalators taking you up towards more retail floors in department stores are never broken. Escalators in public transport are never working. It is all a matter of will and funding.

janoimagine

Things like this always happen (funny no one mentioned that a chunk of rockwork fell in the Splash Mountain load area last week and onto the logs below, no one was hurt from what I was told) ... when people say WDW is falling apart, they aren't kidding or being dramatic. You can't neglect parks for 15 years and think everything will run normally from a monorail to an escalator. Everything has a breaking point.

Agreed.

Was it the load area or one of the smaller lift hills out front? ... because when we were there on 11/26 two maintenance workers were in waders almost to there necks trying to dislodge something that had gotten wedged under one of the lift / track mechanisms ... I might have a picture of it, I will look tonight when I get back in front of my laptop. They were at it pretty much the entire day.

RSoxNo1

There was a thread about that. Also, no truth to the rumor that they just decided to move the falling rocks from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad over to Splash Mountain.

prberk

Considering the number of people they carry per day, I'm surprised they don't bother maintaining these escalators properly.

Escalators taking you up towards more retail floors in department stores are never broken. Escalators in public transport are never working. It is all a matter of will and funding.

I agree. I have only been to Macy's in NYC twice, and neither at Christmas, but those escalators were arguably much older and still working both times... and carrying just as many people it seemed.

It's maintenance. And if it is up to Otis, I would think that Disney could put the pressure on them or they could lose the contract.

blm07

I like those escalators, but they are often down. Once, I saw a croc stuck in the top step. It was awesome. It's nice not having to walk up and down stairs after walking around the park. I enjoy taking them and looking over the Land.

pipenut

I like those escalators, but they are often down. Once, I saw a croc stuck in the top step. It was awesome. It's nice not having to walk up and down stairs after walking around the park. I enjoy taking them and looking over the Land.

Funny enough, I totally know what you're saying. While taking the stairs elsewhere is the "healthy" thing to do (and sometimes faster), the 10 seconds you get to rest and look over the Land is a welcome after walking the park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom