The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

Indy_UK

Good little thread.

I think Blue SKY should be left to continue to do more animated movies more in line of what they've done before (just better quality) They're movies just provide a different quirk to what Disney/Pixar usually churn out and I think that's needed. Sure, most will probably just to to Disney+ But they should get the odd theatrical release too.

There are some major IP in that pool which with the right team and cast can be successfully rebooted. The Kingsman franchise can become Disneys 'James Bond' but a soft reboot there would be needed.

Home Alone can again, with the right child Star can get a successful reboot. Make it a Christmas release every other year.

Aliens is a tricky one. This should be Fox's huge horror franchise but again, it needs to be helmed by someone new. Ridley Scott by this point Is more damaging to the franchise. Part of me thinks it could lend itself to a TV series too but should stay as movies. Cut all that vs preditor crap too.

I don't see a Glee reboot with High School musical on the way back but I think they'll revisit it one day.

The list on the first page mentions Terminator. I dont think that's owned by Fox except the first two films? The new films are owned by skydance?

The big one is The Simpsons. How much is this IP actually worth? Me personally, for the amount of years it's been going, surely it's not quite as popular as it used to be? I think it would be suited better with Comcast but I can't see its value even touching the sides in regards to getting the 30% of Hulu or Marvel theme park rights back.

seascape

Good little thread.

I think Blue SKY should be left to continue to do more animated movies more in line of what they've done before (just better quality) They're movies just provide a different quirk to what Disney/Pixar usually churn out and I think that's needed. Sure, most will probably just to to Disney+ But they should get the odd theatrical release too.

There are some major IP in that pool which with the right team and cast can be successfully rebooted. The Kingsman franchise can become Disneys 'James Bond' but a soft reboot there would be needed.

Home Alone can again, with the right child Star can get a successful reboot. Make it a Christmas release every other year.

Aliens is a tricky one. This should be Fox's huge horror franchise but again, it needs to be helmed by someone new. Ridley Scott by this point Is more damaging to the franchise. Part of me thinks it could lend itself to a TV series too but should stay as movies. Cut all that vs preditor crap too.

I don't see a Glee reboot with High School musical on the way back but I think they'll revisit it one day.

The list on the first page mentions Terminator. I dont think that's owned by Fox except the first two films? The new films are owned by skydance?

The big one is The Simpsons. How much is this IP actually worth? Me personally, for the amount of years it's been going, surely it's not quite as popular as it used to be? I think it would be suited better with Comcast but I can't see its value even touching the sides in regards to getting the 30% of Hulu or Marvel theme park rights back.
I would never trade the Simpson's for Marvels Orlando themepark rights. Anyone who thinks the Marvel themepark rights for Orlando are worth anything close to the value of the Simpson's has no understanding of business. I would not even give them up for the Marvel themepark rights in Orlando, 30% of Hulu and any Marvel movie rights Universal still has. Hulu's total value is 9.3 billion. Marvel"s themepark rights in Orlando may be worth couple hundred billion. Even assuming 1 billion, the value of all 3 assests would be less than 4 billion. The Simpson's 30 plus years of TV shows and themepark rights for both Orlando and Hollywood have to be worth at least 5 billion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

I'd like a Glee stage show in the parks. Present it as two glee groups in competition for the title. They sing a capella Disney songs trying to outdo the other. Then when it comes time for their last number, they discover they both chose the same song, and they both try to be the first to sing it and they get in each other's way, but then they get moved by the music and wind up working together for the finale.

CaptainAmerica

I'd like a Glee stage show in the parks. Present it as two glee groups in competition for the title. They sing a capella Disney songs trying to outdo the other. Then when it comes time for their last number, they discover they both chose the same song, and they both try to be the first to sing it and they get in each other's way, but then they get moved by the music and wind up working together for the finale.
DSM was robbed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Figured this is as good as place as any to put this up, but here is an image that shows everything TWDC now owns post Fox.

every-company-disney-owns-13_pageversion.jpg

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Figured this is as good as place as any to put this up, but here is an image that shows everything TWDC now owns post Fox.

every-company-disney-owns-13_pageversion.jpg

Old 'map.'

The partnership with Sphero is over.

Disney is selling off Fox Sports.

Sky was sold off to Comcast.

Fox 2000 is closing down this Fall.

Fox studios is just a rental.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Old 'map.'

The partnership with Sphero is over.

Disney is selling off Fox Sports.

Sky was sold off to Comcast.

Fox 2000 is closing down this Fall.

Fox studios is just a rental.

Yes, of course there are certain things outdated, check the note in the upper right corner it was built pre-merger. I didn't create it, so don't shoot the messenger for it being outdated. Its more meant to show the massive conglomerate TWDC continues to become. Also as post-merger things always change a companies makeup with closer of business units it is also just a snapshot in time. Because even if it was right today, it easily changes tomorrow with a keystroke deletion of a line item.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Twilight_Roxas

Good little thread.

I think Terminator is own by Warner Bros. As for The Simpsons is already part of the Disney banner plus The Simpsons predicted the merger, and The Simpsons Ride along with Springfield could be in Walt Disney Studios park in Paris since The Simpsons is popular in Europe.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully Disney will do right by the GREATEST SHOW OF ALL TIME (imho):

I just saw that yesterday. Ouch. The incompetency with this clearly has become a case of criminal intent, or at least severe drug use.

Hey, Disney! Looking for people to lay off? Here we go!!

sedati

The rights to the also excellent "Firefly" would have been part of the Fox deal as well. Though I don't believe that would include the film as that was put out by Universal.
The show was shot in widescreen and HD, but the effects were only done in standard definition which is noticable in HD. Hopefully this is something that can be improved as well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
At this point in his career would Joss even want to go back to reboot either of those series....

Now Dollhouse, that's another story...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Darkprime

I cant help but wonder if Comcast had got Fox would there be such a focus on the layoffs in the press or is it because everyone likes to make Disney look like the big old bad guy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom