The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

brodie999

She's been in a few Marvel based shows recently, one is based in the MCU. The recent ones are Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors and the MCU one of New Warriors (hopefully coming out this year).
Yeah, not to mention the Marvel-Hulu series and Sony-Marvel's Spider-Man-related TV shows if they're MCU as well. Hopefully, we'll get some confirmations at WonderCon since Marvel promised the "newly slated Marvel Animation slate".

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Still it would be cool to see Pixar’s take on Squirrel Girl like Walt Disney Animation did with Big Hero 6.

Maybe, I don't know if Pixar is up to the task of a "real" superhero genre movie. So far everything they've done, including Incredibles, has been very cartoony and CGI. I'd personally leave that genre to Marvel Animation and Man of Action. Plus I would have to think "WWSLD" (what would Stan Lee do), would he be for Pixar doing a version of Marvel characters. I'm not sure he would.

Twilight_Roxas

Maybe, I don't know if Pixar is up to the task of a "real" superhero genre movie. So far everything they've done, including Incredibles, has been very cartoony and CGI. I'd personally leave that genre to Marvel Animation and Man of Action. Plus I would have to think "WWSLD" (what would Stan Lee do), would he be for Pixar doing a version of Marvel characters. I'm not sure he would.
Big Hero 6 is also Marvel, and Man of Action, and Walt Disney Animation made a Big Hero 6 film as there first animated film based off a Marvel comic.

brodie999

Yes I’m fully aware. My point is that I don’t think Pixar would do any Marvel property justice.
Well, let's not worry about that just yet. I think they'd do animated "Disneyfied" versions of the Avengers, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Defenders, the FF and more really well because both Incredibles movies are critically acclaimed, not to mention the Disney Big Hero 6.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, let's not worry about that just yet. I think they'd do animated "Disneyfied" versions of the Avengers, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Defenders, the FF and more really well because both Incredibles movies are critically acclaimed, not to mention the Disney Big Hero 6.

Except Man of Action already does a lot of that stuff for Disney XD very well, not to mention Marvel Animation themselves. So I don't see why anyone would want a Pixar version when both those studios are doing just fine (and in my opinion a lot better than anything they could do) without them. So a Man of Action/Marvel Animation full length animated movie would blow anything Pixar would do with Marvel properties out of the water.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Updates to the corporate website:

Got
  • LucasFilm
  • Fox Searchlight
  • Pixar
  • Fox Studios
  • Marvel
  • Fox TV
  • NatGeo
  • India's Star Sports
  • ABC News
  • Fox Marvel
  • Disney Animation
  • FX TV
  • Disney Animation
  • Fox Sports
Disneyx21CFV6-01.jpg

So, two things:
  1. Fox Sports has to be sold off. Bye, Cardinals!
  2. Bite it, Disney (Live Action) Studios!! No spotlight for you! No plug for you, Dumbo, Aladdin, or Lion King!!!
More updates:

View attachment 357990
They called Blue Sky out by name!!

View attachment 357992

Hotstar is a streaming service in India: Sports and Entertainment.

View attachment 357993

View attachment 357994

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Seems like Disney can do its own distribution and marketing....

seascape

I am sure Disney will do a better job with merchandising the Fox movies. They have been the leader in that since the beginning. I also think they have shown the quality of their distribution ability and deals with the theaters. I was hoping they would keep Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000 but they do make and/or distribute similar movies. On the otherhand I do expect Blue Sky to survive. They can make lower cost animated movies and shows for Disney Plus and an occasional theatrical release.

I hope most of the cost savings come from the executive ranks as it would result in less overall job cuts to reach the $2 billion in savings.

brodie999

I am sure Disney will do a better job with merchandising the Fox movies. They have been the leader in that since the beginning. I also think they have shown the quality of their distribution ability and deals with the theaters. I was hoping they would keep Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000 but they do make and/or distribute similar movies. On the otherhand I do expect Blue Sky to survive. They can make lower cost animated movies and shows for Disney Plus and an occasional theatrical release.

I hope most of the cost savings come from the executive ranks as it would result in less overall job cuts to reach the $2 billion in savings.
Yeah, I'm still hoping they reopen Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000 in the near future if Fox's other divisions are a success under the Disney brand. It happened with Lucasfilm Games. Let's hope they reopen Disney Interactive Studios too.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I'm still hoping they reopen Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000 in the near future if Fox's other divisions are a success under the Disney brand. It happened with Lucasfilm Games. Let's hope they reopen Disney Interactive Studios too.

Fox Searchlight is still open and on Disney's website. Fox 2000 is the one that's gone.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, F2000 only had two films that are slated to be released this year: Breakthrough and The Woman in the Window. I don't know if there were any other in the pipeline for next year.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Dylan1999

Since Disney now brought Fox, does this mean they now own rights to Fox's ADHD cartoons (Axe Cop, Golan, etc) and Isle of Dogs as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom