The Imagineering Break Room

Suchomimus

How are you going to link a Toy Story Land to Disney Sky? :)
Futurama-Zoidberg.jpg

Need a Toy Story Land? Why not Buzz Lightyear Land?

tcool123

Today Disney is just full of news, and announcements. The trailer for The Nutcracker and the Four Realms will be released tomorrow. For now here's a motion poster.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/942828854783209472
The trailer has landed

upload_2017-12-19_19-21-41-png.251187

upload_2017-12-19_19-21-51-png.251188

upload_2017-12-19_19-22-1-png.251189

Can I just say, wow. The aesthetic of not only the sets and scenery, but the costumes and makeup of the film are beautiful to stare at. With that said at some points it does look like I'm watching an episode out of Once Upon a Time in some of the scenes shown in the trailer, but for the most part wow it sure is pretty to look at. Another wow for the fact the budget for the film seems to be bigger than what I expected, but it is interesting to see what styles are being used to showcase the film. The conductor, the ballet on the stage, and the film itself; I'm interested in how these three elements will tie together.

Suchomimus

The trailer has landed

upload_2017-12-19_19-21-41-png.251187

upload_2017-12-19_19-21-51-png.251188

upload_2017-12-19_19-22-1-png.251189

Can I just say, wow. The aesthetic of not only the sets and scenery, but the costumes and makeup of the film are beautiful to stare at. With that said at some points it does look like I'm watching an episode out of Once Upon a Time in some of the scenes shown in the trailer, but for the most part wow it sure is pretty to look at. Another wow for the fact the budget for the film seems to be bigger than what I expected, but it is interesting to see what styles are being used to showcase the film. The conductor, the ballet on the stage, and the film itself; I'm interested in how these three elements will tie together.

The music is as beautiful much like the scenery and costumes but looking at what we see in terms of story so far, it heavily reminds me of Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe thrown in.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

The music is as beautiful much like the scenery and costumes but looking at what we see in terms of story so far, it heavily reminds me of Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe thrown in.
And I also might add that there is slight bit of "Rogue-ness" with the soldier who leaves his posts and helps Clara (if that is how the story goes in this film). But the music, and Disney pointing out that they are bringing back their darker side, has me very excited and can't wait to see this in theaters.

mickeyfan5534

Aesthetically it does look a lot like Burtonland but the original Nutcracker tale was very dark and grim so if they stick close to that, I’ll be very pleased.

kmbmw777

One: You’re not mess you don’t need to disagree. Two: It was when the characters and storys’ logic and actions didn’t make sense which was for the majority of the film.
Lol. I meant I completely disagreed with your assessment. I thought Poe and Rey’s character development was outstanding. They really made Poe into a someone who could be a leader for the rebellion and made Rey into a great hero. I also thought that Finn’s development as a soldier was great. He went from somewhat cowardly (trying to get off the ship) to being willing to sacrifice himself for the rebellion. While I was a bit underwhelmed by the Snoke reveal (or lack thereof), I feel he will definately be expanded upon in spin-off films; similar to how palpatine was expanded on in the Prequels.

mickeyfan5534

So, The Last Jedi was wonderful in my opinion. But the cinema experience tends to skew my thoughts to positive. However, I thought it was an understated, beautiful character piece to bring all the main characters into a place that would let them duke it out in a final battle. Rey hones her abilities, Finn becomes the loyal but subjective soldier, and Poe is primed to take over the resistance in IX. And don’t get me started on how much I adored Rose the entire runtime.

spacemt354

Chili's
I saw former Pres Obama yesterday list his annual favorite songs from 2017...I always liked that he did that and thought it would be fun for us all to do the same here!

I'll post some of my favorites and other categories to mix it up. P.S. I'm more of an alt rock/easy listening fan, with some pop mixed in too

Some of my 2017 favorites
- Glory by Bastille
- Whatever it Takes by Imagine Dragons
- Dirty Water by Foo Fighters
- Miracles (Someone Special) by Coldplay and Big Sean

Song in 2017 I probably shouldn't like...but is really catchy:D
- Havana by Camila Cabello

Songs in 2017 that made me lose brain cells
- Rolex by Ayo & Teo
- Swish Swish by Katy Perry ft Nicki Minaj

Post yours too if you want!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I saw former Pres Obama yesterday list his annual favorite songs from 2017...I always liked that he did that and thought it would be fun for us all to do the same here!

I'll post some of my favorites and other categories to mix it up. P.S. I'm more of an alt rock/easy listening fan, with some pop mixed in too

Some of my 2017 favorites
- Glory by Bastille
- Whatever it Takes by Imagine Dragons
- Dirty Water by Foo Fighters
- Miracles (Someone Special) by Coldplay and Big Sean

Song in 2017 I probably shouldn't like...but is really catchy:D
- Havana by Camila Cabello

Songs in 2017 that made me lose brain cells
- Rolex by Ayo & Teo
- Swish Swish by Katy Perry ft Nicki Minaj

Post yours too if you want!
Havana is really catchy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom