The Imagineering Break Room

spacemt354

Chili's
Based on my experiences there over summer, this hotel looks like it would take over the entrance to Downtown Disney from the Disneyland and Paradise Pier Hotel. Honestly, the area was always the most empty when we were there and the Sportzone seemed empty.
While the locals may disagree. I think the increased capacity and probably amenities will help the resort as a whole. Also, I think I read somewhere it’s rumored to have Art Deco inspiration
Last time I was there was in 2013 -- I remember the layout, as those 3 towers in the back are the Disneyland Hotel - that area was actually pretty popular back then. Granted this was at Christmas, but AMC was over there, the ESPN Zone was pretty packed, and at the time before Disney Springs I preferred the quaint Downtown Disney in DL compared to Disney World.

I'm sure there is logic behind this that a Disneyland vet would understand. And I get they are probably in need of more occupancy for the incoming Star Wars Land in DL, Marvel, and Pixar additions in DCA, but it just seems to be an odd way of handling it. Being landlocked, why build horizontal and not vertical? On the surface it seems like most of the remaining space is being taken up with this move, and for a design that looks meh to me.

spacemt354

Chili's

Pretty good video explaining the new hotel from Fresh Baked. (Especially to an atypical-DL goer who needs a refresher on what's there)

So when we went down I remember we parked in the Toy Story Lot and took the bus to the main entrance. I will say seeing Harbor Blvd and all the non-Disney 'real world' stuff on the way in made it impossible to be immersed in Disneyland until literally right at the gates of Disneyland. However...when we walked through the Grand California and through to the Disneyland Hotel, and took the monorail into Tomorrowland... that was neat. That felt like a resort.

It seems like the new entrance they are trying to make for everyone is this entrance coming out of the west side. That's a good idea. Still don't like the design of the hotel though haha -- that I can't seem to warm up to. Maybe that would be a fun imagineering project? Design our own new 'resort' entrance to Disneyland?

spacemt354

Chili's
Finished Stranger Things...overall I liked it, but maybe it got a bit too hyped up for me. I was going in expecting to be blown away, but I ended up skimming through parts of some episodes. Granted I have done the same on other shows I enjoyed, but it didn't reach a Breaking Bad level for me where I'm into it 100%.

The one thing that did blow me away though was the credits sequence...I never skipped the intro, it was so good:bookworm:

kmbmw777

Finished Stranger Things...overall I liked it, but maybe it got a bit too hyped up for me. I was going in expecting to be blown away, but I ended up skimming through parts of some episodes. Granted I have done the same on other shows I enjoyed, but it didn't reach a Breaking Bad level for me where I'm into it 100%.

The one thing that did blow me away though was the credits sequence...I never skipped the intro, it was so good:bookworm:

I need to watch season two... after I finish season four of arrow... and after I finish 9 more college apps (Yale, Purdue, U of I, and UMich are done :) )

D Hulk

Just got out of Thor: Ragnarok

Taika Waititi all over this @D Hindley :D Feels more like a Waititi film than a MCU filler film to Infinity War, which is exactly what Marvel needs to keep fresh. Top 5 Marvel movie all time and definitely the best Thor!
Saw Taika: Ragnarok last night! Everything good about it is entirely Taika’s doing. :hilarious: Sakaar, though a junkyard, is also a comedic goldmine. Thor himself is in “Team Darryl” mode nearly the entire time. Taika’s regulars (like the grumpy lady from Wilderpeople, or Taika himself as a rock monster) are on a different plane of gonzo weirdness. Jeff Goldblum NEEDS to be in Taika’s next personal film! Hulk funny.

Everything concerning Hela and Asgard was deeply boring, the generic Marvel “Dark World” approach that was obviously mandated on Taika. Still, he got about 70% of the running time to make “Thor Odinson’s Flying Circus” instead and Marvel couldn’t...steal his thunder.

Suchomimus

Guess where this is from.
28A37B8B-E958-4AB0-8882-D2DE59346144.jpeg

spacemt354

Chili's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom