The Imaginarium - Competition Thread [Complete]

spacemt354

Chili's
I literally just picked two people at random.
200.gif

Mickeynerd17

Hello! I've been watching from afar, and the projects so far have looked excellent! Keep it up!

I would like to ask all of you something (especially if you're versed in EPCOT architecture). I've been attempting to redesign my Universe of Energy for my project to be more realistic. I personally think it looks just like the real thing, but I would like a second opinion from you guys. Does this look like the old Universe of Energy to you?

Minecraft 10_8_2021 6_32_03 PM.png
Minecraft 10_8_2021 6_32_24 PM.png
Minecraft 10_8_2021 6_32_49 PM.png

I did the left side the original colors and the right side Ellen's colors ('96-'10). Would love to know all your thoughts. Thanks!

Also, Ill be back for more comps on these boards eventually. I've been swallowed up in this project as a breather from SYWTBAI.

(If this should be in the discussion thread, then I'll move it. I wasn't sure where to put it.)

MalmechFigment

This is going to be interesting, it is finally my time to shine! Eh maybe not right at this very second. Yes rest is what I need. Tomorrow! Yes tomorrow I shall truly rise and appear to all of these so called armchair imaginers! Evil laugh, evil laugh!​

1633756569576.png

"Ummmmm excuse me who are you?" asks @Shannoninthemagic to the self proclaimed Mech Figment. "I am leftover from all the negative energy, the despair, and darkness from those Imagineering projects that were never loved! I am Mech Figment!" exclaims Mech Figment. "Oh then you're familiar with Stitch' Great Escape?" asks @MickeyWaffleCo. "No that show was too beloved I only know if Stitch's Supersonic Celebration" responds Mech Figment eager to dive into the obscure and critically panned chapters of Disney history.

"We know who are you, but where did you even come from" asks @D Hulk trying to figure out why this character seems to be familiar. "I'm glad you asked! You see back in 2011....." as Mech Figment drones on, a flashback somehow ripples for all revealing scenes from The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7...

Untitled3.png

"WAIT THAT WAS YOU?" exclaims @JokersWild caught off guard by the fact Mech Figment was behind the explosion of the Imaginarium all these years ago in 2011. "Yes! It was me! I tried to introduce myself, but all everyone cared about was that asinine purple dragon! I decided to destroy this place, and make sure all that you have imagined would never come true" excitdely replies Mech Figment as he maniacally rubs his mechanical hands together. "That's horrible, that's evil, that's just well diabolical! The Timekeeper and Orange Bird will stop you!" counters @TheOriginalTiki . "Stop me? I sent them down a portal you will never find! In fact I even kidnapped @tcool123 , this is my competition now" Mech Figment announces to the faces of the horrified imagineers. "In fact I know just where to take this competition now..." the mechanical menace says with devious glee.

MalmechFigment

- Chapter Three: The Rise of Mech Figment -
Challenge Five: Ay Chihuahua! - The Sole Imagineer REDUX

1633757649872.png

You foolish imagineers think I will let you all just restore the Imaginarium with fundamentally solid ideas? The world left me forgotten, abandoned, with nobody to call my frenemie, a freak! This seems like the perfect way to "thank" everyone! For this challenge we are entering a freaky friday reality where @TheOriginalTiki 's Beverly Hills Chihuahua project from The Sole Imagineer won causing it to jump in as a staple in Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

For the fifth challenge y'all are going to make your mark in Adventureland! We're replacing Jungle Cruise with a classic Disney IP! You may be thinking wow Mech Figment you're so kind and sweet. WRONG! Here's the spin whatever IP you use has to be a Disney Channel Original Movie AKA a DCOM. Have fun with that can of worms!

Team Creator, your task is to create an attraction based on a DCOM to replace the Jungle Cruise. It can be any DCOM and any type of attraction.

Guest Judges & More

@Outbound
@Disney Warrior
@RMichael21
@Orange Cat 2 - the Funny Woman
@mickeyfan5534 - the Mentor
@spacemt354 - the Observer
@Pi on my Cake - the Pi on the Wall

Team Creator's Chief Imagineer
@MickeyWaffleCo.

Challenge Five: Ay Chihuahua! - The Sole Imagineer REDUX is due on Tuesday, October 12th at 10 PM EST.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Hello! I've been watching from afar, and the projects so far have looked excellent! Keep it up!

I would like to ask all of you something (especially if you're versed in EPCOT architecture). I've been attempting to redesign my Universe of Energy for my project to be more realistic. I personally think it looks just like the real thing, but I would like a second opinion from you guys. Does this look like the old Universe of Energy to you?

View attachment 592155View attachment 592156View attachment 592157

I did the left side the original colors and the right side Ellen's colors ('96-'10). Would love to know all your thoughts. Thanks!

Also, Ill be back for more comps on these boards eventually. I've been swallowed up in this project as a breather from SYWTBAI.

(If this should be in the discussion thread, then I'll move it. I wasn't sure where to put it.)
I Love You Yes GIF by pikaole

Lizzy May Bee

View attachment 592155View attachment 592156View attachment 592157

I’m not an Epcot nerd but I can at least say that that is a good looking build, very nice.

Mickeynerd17

I’m not an Epcot nerd but I can at least say that that is a good looking build, very nice.
❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you! I very much appreciate it.

It may or may not show up in the future. We'll have to see... 😏

In the meantime, I figured out how to make Fountain of Nations actually shoot up "water" (its actually concrete powder, but shhh...)

Minecraft 10_9_2021 6_19_40 PM.png

MalmechFigment

Challenge Five: Ay Chihuahua! - The Sole Imagineer REDUX is due on Tuesday, October 12th at 10 PM EST.
To keep those watching and following along with the competition the challenge was extended to Thursday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST. This is because a play is stepping down after this challenge, and therefore the elimination period can be added to the team's playtime.​

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
TEAM CREATORS PRESENTS
Teen Beach Movie: Surf Crazy!

6CCE43E7-59CE-4BB2-A5D5-BD77D9F18A33.jpeg

Ride System
Teen Beach Ride is a Bolliger & Mabillard protrotype “surf coaster.”

Guests ride in high-capacity trains seating four across. Guests board seemingly typical coaster chairs, with pull-down adjustable chest restraints. Upon exiting from the station, those chairs unfurl, somewhat like a recliner. The track simultaneously rotates so that trains ride suspended below, like a standup variation of B&M’s flying coaster. The over-the shoulder restraints are necessary to create this “hangtime” position. Riders assume an upright surfing posture.

849B22FB-4534-4752-8373-778C145866B5.jpeg

C2D69BA9-0CCC-4C2F-BFE3-55BBE1C0D98D.jpeg

From B&M's technical patent:
The seat column is coupled to the fixed column by an articulated linkage, and the passenger restraint system further includes a device for balancing the seat column, which balancing device includes a cylinder fixed, at a first articulated end, to the fixed column and, at a second articulated end, to the seat column.

This is superficially similar to B&M’s older “standup” coaster model, however greatly improved for guest comfort. Adjustable floors and seat backs conform to riders’ bodies. Seats even make mid-ride physical adjustments in response to riders’ movements, creating an organic feedback loop. In essence, the seats give riders a true surfboard sensation. Imagineering completes the illusion with splashdown effects at riders’ feet. Throughout the ride time, added thrills come from extensive close-calls with rockwork and scenery.

Disneyland’s surf coaster installation uses both a chain lift hill and linear synchronous motor launches. Imagineering requested this combination to ensure a lengthy ride time while keeping the coaster hidden beneath Adventureland’s tree line. Surf coasters are incredibly customizable rides, capable of both extreme thrills or family-friendly storytelling as the park requires.
Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
Model: Surf Coaster
Lift/launch system: Chain lift hill and LSM launch
Height: 85 ft
Drop: 60 ft
Length: 4,150 ft
Speed: 45 mph
Acceleration: 0 to 45 mph in 4 seconds
Duration: 2:40
Height restriction: 40 in
Trains: 3 trains with 8 cars, 32 riders per train
Capacity: 1,650 riders per hour

Facade, Queue, and Pre-Show
The facade is themed to Brady & Mack's beachside surf shack. Around the entrance there will be sand and palm trees, to make the guests feel like they’re walking into a beach. This will be complemented with the sound of waves and seagulls to fully immerse the guests in the experience.

The queue is set in modern times after the events of the film. For the first segment of the queue, the guests will walk different rooms of the shack similar to the Jungle Cruise queue. Some rooms will have stuff like surfboards and time displaced objects like a jukebox playing rock songs. The guests will also see posters for "surf tours" which have been created by Brady and Mack through the magic wave to take those seeking adventure into the world of Wet Side Story. Additionally, in the first room the guests enter, there will be a TV playing the movie.

Finally, before the boarding area. There will be a short pre-show played on a TV in a similar vein to the Soarin’ pre-show. On it Brady & Mack will explain to the guests the magic wave adventure they’re about about to experience. They’ll also talk about the safety measures necessary to ensure a safe trip into the world of Wet Side Story.

43A892AE-84B3-4E9A-AA4B-1DB965D2EF95.png

Ride Description
The coaster is divided into three segments. The song Surf Crazy will be playing in the background throughout the ride.

The first segment will take the guests through some beautiful sights as they pick up speed to ride the magic wave into the 1960s. The guests will travel through some beautiful seaside cliffs. As well as through an “underwater” scene where guests will be able to see different types of fish swimming around them.

Once they emerge from the “underwater” scene, the guests will find themselves on the world of Wet Side Story. They’ll find themselves on a sunny day, the beach is lively, it’s the perfect day. Afterwards, the guests will enter Big Momma's Snack Shack, they’ll see animatronics of the characters of the movie dancing around to the rhythm of the music. And the coaster will make the guests feel like they’re also dancing. However, a few seconds later, the windows will begin projecting a terrible storm that came out of nowhere.

As a result, the guests will travel to the abandoned lighthouse. The Weather Machine has been reignited. And the guests will have to help Brady and Mack turn it down once and for all. They’ll take a few spins around it. And then a big boom will be heard that will propel the guests into the “water”. Once they emerge, they’ll be back on present day. Brady and Mack will thank the guests for their help and ask them to not mention the weather machine in the reviews; it wasn’t supposed to be part of the tour.

Gift Shop
Guests enter a gift shop themed to a surfshack, there are three broad sections,one for ride specfic merch, one for apparel / big items, and one for general park merch. The ride specfic merch rests on surfboard shelves. The intertior tries to mimic sand and sun with sandy colored floors and sunset colored walls. The surfboards for sale rests on acrylic waves and the apparel line the walls. The general merch is more netural, using more basic shelving. Cash registers also rest on surfboards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom