The "I love planning" pretrip report

Ahhh.... so it feels as though I have waited til the lat possible moment to get my planning done. I didn't wait because I wanted to but because I needed the yen of planning to motivate me to accomplish some other tasks around the house. Some of them still aren't done (waiting on the hubby!) but alas I can not wait any longer! After all, we paid this trip off YESTERDAY!

Now for the whos, whens and whats of the trip.

Cast:
Moi- uber planner to the core, will be turning the big 30 this trip, LOVES Disney!
Hubby- official sponsor of the trip who works way too much, turning 29 right a week after we get home and therefore gets to call this his birthday present as well, rather recent Disney lover
Boogie- beloved son who turns 5 the same day I turn 30! Yes, we share a birthday. (All of the birthdays within my house are within a week!) He loves dancing, characters, roller coasters and flirting!

All Star Music- We have never stayed here before as this is only our second trip as a family. My family never thought on site was worth it and hubby lived in Tampa when he was growing up so they never bothered getting lodging. We are excited to try this one out, but are worried we will miss All Star Movies!

Dates:
September 25th- October 1st, 210

Basic Guide to our days:
Saturday the 25th- Make the 9 to 10 hour drive in one fell swoop. I am not even attempting to guess what time we will leave. I love to plan but my husband is notoriously late for things, never more than when it comes to leaving on trips. This always makes me grab a pitchfork, pour steam from ears and scream. Thusly, We will leave when we leave. Period. No stress, no mess! We will head straight to check in when we get there. If we left in time to have some of the day left we will either play in the pool or head to Downtown Disney to get the scrapbooking stuff hubby promised me from World of Disney and eat at Earl of Sandwich. Maybe both if we really hit the ground running that morning. :cool:<---- see this? This is me not being too optomistic about being able to do both! Haha!

Sunday the 26th- Magic Kingdom! Hours are 9-8 plus evening extra magic hours. We have dinner reservations for the Diamond Horseshoe at 6:30. I am pretty sure this will be exactly the same meal as Liberty Tree Tavern but at least it is at my beloved Diamond Horseshoe!

Monday the 27th- Hollywood Studios... Hours are 9-7 plus evening extra magic hours. We have reservations for Hollywood and Vine at 1:10 pm. Alas, no trying any of the other fun restaurants at DHS this trip. Boogie is still young enough to want to see Handy Manny and the Einsteins so for one more trip we will do Hollywood and Vine. Sad note of the day- No fantasmic:cry:

Tuesday the 28th- This is our switch around day. We won't be getting up bright and early to hit rope drop at a park. Instead we will be sleeping in before our reservations at 10:15 am for O'Hana. Then we will lounge around the pool or Downtown Disney or both before getting ready to head to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Yay! This is a first for us and we are super excited!

Wednesday the 29th- EPCOT! The hours are 9 to 9 plus evening extra magic hours. We have a 2:45 lunch reservation for Akershus. The only other thing I know for sure I have to try and catch are the Dragon Legend Acrobats. We missed them last time and I really think my little guy would enjoy them!

Thursday the 30th- Magic Kingdom again:king: This is a short park day with hours from 9 to 7 but at least there is also morning extra magic hours. Once 7 hits we will take the monorail to the Grand Floridian and poke around until our 8:30 reservations at 1900 Park Fare. We went ahead and got the reservation there as soon as it was announced that storytime with Belle was being shut down before we got there. That is where the stepsisters always met and we LOVE them! The line was always exquistely long for them (took us three days to actually get to them last time) and that is when they were in that storytime with Belle nook. I figure either they will move their greeting spot out where everyone will notice them (making their line even longer) or they will cancel it. Either way, I would rather improve my chances by going to 1900. I knot they aren't guaranteed, but it is a better bet.

Friday the 1st- Animal Kingdom Hours here are 9-5 but again we have evening extra magic hours. We have dinner reservations for Tusker House at 4:25. I really kind of wish I had gotten breakfast reservations so we didn't have to worry about waiting to see Donald, but oh well! We have never eaten here so we are a little :lookaroun but hopefully we will love it. The only thing I know for sure to schedule around is Festival of the Lion King. Can you believe we missed it last time? Yikes!

I have a ton more planning to do, and I will try to hit it really hard the next few days, so look for updates on exact days, halloween party attire and all my little planning bits. It may be a bit much for some people, but I yam who I yam!:ROFLOL:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Is it possible the Diamond Horseshoe is the forgotten restaurant of MK? I JUST found out it was there on my Dec trip!!!!

Anyone we will miss you guys by a few days! Have fun! TAKE FOOD PICS!!!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Is it possible the Diamond Horseshoe is the forgotten restaurant of MK? I JUST found out it was there on my Dec trip!!!!

Anyone we will miss you guys by a few days! Have fun! TAKE FOOD PICS!!!

I had no idea that Diamond Horseshoe was available for the time period. I was trying for anything on a different day and when I scrolled down for restuarants with no open seats I noticed it there. So I feverishly checked our other days til I found an opening. I am really shocked to have it open and available! I can't wait eat a sit down dinner there again!

Thanks! We will definitely have tons of fun, and I will try to take some food pics before my boys devour their plates!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
A million things to do!

So I finally got a to-do list for all the things I need to accomplish before this trip and yikes! Crazy! Here we go:
1. Make pirate t-shirts (we found all the stuff on clearance one day so I got it as a project for Boogie and I to do one day)
2. Early check-in (not that we can't check in when we get there)
3. Buy Halloween party tickets
4. Fill in my Disney journal for the days we are there- info galore!
5. Get costumes
6. Manipulate images for autograph book (I get pictures of each character and then mess with the contrast and brightness until they are slightly opaque so that they can be signed over without being too busy, there are about 100 to do)
7. Put autograph book together
8. Get cash for tips (am I the only one who never carries cash anymore?)
9. Wrap presents (since this is our birthday trip each day Boogie will wake up to a little present from Mickey, but obviously they need to be wrapped before we go)
10. Color Boogie's bag (another thing I got as a project for Boogie and I to help him build excitement for the trip, it has a picture of Lightning McQueen and Mater on it to be colored in with fabric crayons and should be just the right size for anything he wants to carry with him)
11. Check Helium tank (we got some Disney balloons for Boogie's birthday but will need to be able to blow them up so our helium tank will be going with us, at least it is little!)
12. Make snacks (I will post what snacks I am making for this trip another time, gotta keep you guessing!:ROFLOL:)
13. Find someone to pet sit! (Most important thing on the list, as far as I am concerned!)
14. Clear the DVR (nothing ruins the end of a trip like coming home to all your favorite shows missing because the DVR was full!)
15. Make cast appreciation cards (little cards we give to cast members that have done something awesome! They deserve recognition!)
16. Change oil in car, get tires rotated and balanced
17. Get filter and hood (I think you call it) for camera lens (I dropped and broke out last circular polarizer a while back :()
18. Make countdown calender for Boogie (usually starts at 30 days so I have a few days before it needs to be done!)
19. Make mousekeeping tip envelopes (I preprint them with a picture of a Disney character cleaning and the word mousekeeping on them)
20. Pack, pack, pack!
21. Put in mail stop for the week
22. Get quarters and pennies for penny presses
23. Teach Boogie to read!
24. Renew driver's license!

Can anyone think of anything I missed?:shrug:

color code:
Black= waiting to be done
Blue= finished
Red= Currently in progress

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Mousekeeping envelopes are finished!

Yay! Every check on the list is exciting for me! This year I went with:
1. Fantasia brooms throwing water on the word mousekeeping like they are cleaning it up
2. Cinderella wringing out her rag to scrub the floor (which the word mousekeeping matches)
3. Goofy cleaning fanticly with a feather duster, rag, broom and sweeper while dealing with a bucket on his foot- I love this one!
4. Daisy getting cleaning supplies out of a maid service cart
5. Sir Hector fighting off the enchanted brooms and pots
6. Snow White cleaning up with her animal friends

I really wanted to find a picture of Tiana when she is cleaning up the place that will be her restaurant but no luck! Maybe next time!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Ugh! I really did not get much accomplished in my planning today. I did however get some of the normal to do list things done (put together a swingset and anchored it down being the big ones!) So, I went ahead and made the countdown calender so I could say I accomplished something today. Apparently I have made my child too many calenders where he has to have his room clean to mark anything off of it because he is convinced the Disney trip won't happen if he doesn't have his room spotless every night for bed! :ROFLOL:Ahh my little Boogie! How great he is!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Woohoo! I just ordered both a hood and a circular polarizer for the camera. I am not a great photographer or anything so they aren't top quality but they should be helpful just the same! Yay! I am so excited and can't wait for them to show up!

And just think- each time they show up I will feel one step closer to HOME!

Edit so it isn't just another update in a single day: We divided out the little presents today between things for the car trip down and something each day we are there. I also wrapped up the stuff for the car trip down. I will fill you in another time on what he is getting but LOVE that we are a few steps in to the process!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Oy! So- my son added another item to my list of things to do before Disney. He wants me to teach him to read by then. We are doing the program "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" and if we keep at the current pace he will be at lesson 84 by the time we leave for Disney. That is only IF we keep the current pace of two lessons a day and do lessons 7 days a week. I am super impressed that he wants to learn that much, and I think it is adorable that he wants to be able to read the signs without much help. BUT- talk about adding some pressure! WOW!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I had to add yet another item to my to-do list today! I suddenly remembered that I have to have my license renewed before my birthday or I won't be able to do any of the driving home! That would be really bad. I wasn't able to accomplish any of the goals on this particular list but I did get all of my kitchen cabinets emptied, scrubbed and then reorganized including the dreaded junk cabinet. That's right people, everyone else in the world has a junk drawer, we have a junk cabinet! Crazy!

Since I spent all of my free time today in the kitchen I figure now is as good a time as any to fill you in on the planned snacks this trip. I find it really humerous when I see people complaining that they can't eat all of the food on the dining plan. That is really not a problem for us. It may be a little different now that I will not have to split all my meals with my little guy, but I am not going to take the chance. See my skinny husband eats like he has a tape worm! Seriously! It kills me because I eat maybe half of what he eats and am very large, while he eats the way he eats, rarely gets up from his desk and is tiny. He looses weight watching me exercise! Add to that the fact that he turns in to a bear if I don't feed him every two hours and we HAVE to bring extra snacks! OK enough digressing... on to the snacks!

1. Oatmeal raisin cookies with hidden characters
2. Rice Crispy treats with character sprinkles
3. Trail mix of dried pineapple, craisins, nuts and (my husbands demand) m&m's
4. Toy Story cheez-its (yay! A snack I don't have to prepare!)
5. Star Wars fruit snacks (I can't believe I am getting off so easy!)

And we will be bringing tummy ticklers for our little guy to have apple juice first thing in the morning.

The reason I am not more specific about what character will be in what is because I just haven't decided. When we were at wal-mart the other day we found (in the party supply section if anyone is interested) Disney sprinkles. We got the Mickey Mouse and the Toy Story selections. They also had fairies, princesses and one other (I think but I can't remember exactly!) Anyway, that means that either my oatmeal raisin cookies will have hidden aliens or hidden mickeys and that my treats will either have mickeys on them or aliens on them. I am leaning towards the mickeys for the treats because I am also cutting them in the shape of Mickey's head. Putting aliens on there then would seem odd!

Oh- and I am kind of upset that I can't find any disney graham cookies for the trail mix this year. What happened to them? They were sooo cute! The security guards had quite a time with my bag last trip. The guy found all the snacks and started showing my snacks to the other guards saying, "Now that is some Disney food I could go for!" :slurp:

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Uh oh... the plans are all going to have to change!

Because....

We just found out....

I AM PREGNANT!

The whole family is super excited. It means a change to the plans (and probably more spending money needed for our Disney trip!) but I am going to do WDW with child! Woohoo!:sohappy:

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Ahhh... more excitement today! We got our package in the mail! Add to that getting a dr. appointment scheduled and I am having a great day!

The package looks so different than it did two years ago! I like the perforated pages as opposed to the pages that could fall out. It is just so exciting!:sohappy:

KnK

Uh oh... the plans are all going to have to change!

Because....

We just found out....

I AM PREGNANT!

The whole family is super excited. It means a change to the plans (and probably more spending money needed for our Disney trip!) but I am going to do WDW with child! Woohoo!:sohappy:

How wonderful! :sohappy:

You can take pictures of the 'the first time' the child went to Disney!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
How wonderful! :sohappy:

You can take pictures of the 'the first time' the child went to Disney!

Hehe! I already had a dream where at check in they asked if this was anyone first trip and I said only the jelly beans! I have the biggest cheesy grin on my face since we found out!

erstwo

I would just like to say that this pre trip report makes me tired. :D You are super mom/ a super WDW traveler!

ETA - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

mommamouse411

first post for me..but I love reading trip reports on other boards...so you sound like me...gonna stick it through to see how your trip ends up.

I like the idea of getting myself a journal to journal my time during my cruise...so I won't forget anything...thanks for the idea.

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I would just like to say that this pre trip report makes me tired. :D You are super mom/ a super WDW traveler!

ETA - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hehe... I am all around tired right now so maybe that just gets passed on! Actually, tired is the only thing this jelly bean is doing to me so I am going to count my blessings!

And Thanks :D

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
first post for me..but I love reading trip reports on other boards...so you sound like me...gonna stick it through to see how your trip ends up.

I like the idea of getting myself a journal to journal my time during my cruise...so I won't forget anything...thanks for the idea.

Good to know I am not the only one out there! I love having my little Disney journal! Each time I add something new I come across something from a previous trip and it makes me smile!

And welcome! Good to have you aboard WDWMAGIC:wave:

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Wow this pregnancy is slowing me down! I did get a few things done today, they just aren't exactly on the list. I got the notecards to use for the autograph book and I got the wrapping paper for wrapping up the presents from Mickey. That was all I could pull off after church and a meeting! Haha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom