The "I love planning" pretrip report

Ahhh.... so it feels as though I have waited til the lat possible moment to get my planning done. I didn't wait because I wanted to but because I needed the yen of planning to motivate me to accomplish some other tasks around the house. Some of them still aren't done (waiting on the hubby!) but alas I can not wait any longer! After all, we paid this trip off YESTERDAY!

Now for the whos, whens and whats of the trip.

Cast:
Moi- uber planner to the core, will be turning the big 30 this trip, LOVES Disney!
Hubby- official sponsor of the trip who works way too much, turning 29 right a week after we get home and therefore gets to call this his birthday present as well, rather recent Disney lover
Boogie- beloved son who turns 5 the same day I turn 30! Yes, we share a birthday. (All of the birthdays within my house are within a week!) He loves dancing, characters, roller coasters and flirting!

All Star Music- We have never stayed here before as this is only our second trip as a family. My family never thought on site was worth it and hubby lived in Tampa when he was growing up so they never bothered getting lodging. We are excited to try this one out, but are worried we will miss All Star Movies!

Dates:
September 25th- October 1st, 210

Basic Guide to our days:
Saturday the 25th- Make the 9 to 10 hour drive in one fell swoop. I am not even attempting to guess what time we will leave. I love to plan but my husband is notoriously late for things, never more than when it comes to leaving on trips. This always makes me grab a pitchfork, pour steam from ears and scream. Thusly, We will leave when we leave. Period. No stress, no mess! We will head straight to check in when we get there. If we left in time to have some of the day left we will either play in the pool or head to Downtown Disney to get the scrapbooking stuff hubby promised me from World of Disney and eat at Earl of Sandwich. Maybe both if we really hit the ground running that morning. :cool:<---- see this? This is me not being too optomistic about being able to do both! Haha!

Sunday the 26th- Magic Kingdom! Hours are 9-8 plus evening extra magic hours. We have dinner reservations for the Diamond Horseshoe at 6:30. I am pretty sure this will be exactly the same meal as Liberty Tree Tavern but at least it is at my beloved Diamond Horseshoe!

Monday the 27th- Hollywood Studios... Hours are 9-7 plus evening extra magic hours. We have reservations for Hollywood and Vine at 1:10 pm. Alas, no trying any of the other fun restaurants at DHS this trip. Boogie is still young enough to want to see Handy Manny and the Einsteins so for one more trip we will do Hollywood and Vine. Sad note of the day- No fantasmic:cry:

Tuesday the 28th- This is our switch around day. We won't be getting up bright and early to hit rope drop at a park. Instead we will be sleeping in before our reservations at 10:15 am for O'Hana. Then we will lounge around the pool or Downtown Disney or both before getting ready to head to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Yay! This is a first for us and we are super excited!

Wednesday the 29th- EPCOT! The hours are 9 to 9 plus evening extra magic hours. We have a 2:45 lunch reservation for Akershus. The only other thing I know for sure I have to try and catch are the Dragon Legend Acrobats. We missed them last time and I really think my little guy would enjoy them!

Thursday the 30th- Magic Kingdom again:king: This is a short park day with hours from 9 to 7 but at least there is also morning extra magic hours. Once 7 hits we will take the monorail to the Grand Floridian and poke around until our 8:30 reservations at 1900 Park Fare. We went ahead and got the reservation there as soon as it was announced that storytime with Belle was being shut down before we got there. That is where the stepsisters always met and we LOVE them! The line was always exquistely long for them (took us three days to actually get to them last time) and that is when they were in that storytime with Belle nook. I figure either they will move their greeting spot out where everyone will notice them (making their line even longer) or they will cancel it. Either way, I would rather improve my chances by going to 1900. I knot they aren't guaranteed, but it is a better bet.

Friday the 1st- Animal Kingdom Hours here are 9-5 but again we have evening extra magic hours. We have dinner reservations for Tusker House at 4:25. I really kind of wish I had gotten breakfast reservations so we didn't have to worry about waiting to see Donald, but oh well! We have never eaten here so we are a little :lookaroun but hopefully we will love it. The only thing I know for sure to schedule around is Festival of the Lion King. Can you believe we missed it last time? Yikes!

I have a ton more planning to do, and I will try to hit it really hard the next few days, so look for updates on exact days, halloween party attire and all my little planning bits. It may be a bit much for some people, but I yam who I yam!:ROFLOL:

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I finally got around to starting my massive job of manipulating the images. Today I accomplished roughly a third of them before my belly jelly bean insisted I rest. I also managed to get the formatting for the printing of them taken care of. Dang printer had decided it wouldn't do that size anymore! Not a really hard fix but it would have been horrible if we couldn't switch it!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I really rocked things out yesterday. Boogie and I colored his bag, which he loves! I also got the car all prepared for the trip. I had the oil changed and the tired rotated and balanced as well as scrubbing the car down. Add to that getting some clothes for the trip that will cover the expanding belly and I really got a lot done. HOWEVER... my body smacked me down today for doing all that. I woke up with horrible morning sickness that lasted for the entire day and slept off and on all day long.

When I wasn't sleeping I managed to get a little something done today though. I started ordering our costumes. Boogie has decided that he would like to go as the cast of "Sword in the Stone" with him being Wart, hubby being Merlin and me being Madame Mim. So today I got a red dress and purple tank ordered for me, as well as a purple spiky wig. I figure that covers me as mim. I also ordered Boogie a king robe and crown as he is going as the Wart at the end of the movie so he will need to be king! I still need to get him a brick red shirt, orange tights (only a little boy would go for this haha!) and a rope belt. For my husband I ordered a wizard hat and a merlin wig and beard. I am watching an auction for a wizard robe. Hubby really wants one with sleeves (which I totally agree with) but that really limits me. Hopefully I will get it! Here's hoping!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
We are getting so close to our trip... only 7 days til we leave! I am starting to stress because I feel like I have so much to accomplish. I spend most of my days emptying my stomache in that first trimester way. It doesn't leave me much time to mark things off my list. My hubby is trying to pick up the slack but he is also trying to make sure he is a way ahead with his work so that he won't be really behind after our trip. I feel sort of bad for him! :(

Anyway, today I wrapped up all of boogies gifts for the trip. We have a schedule for the gifts all made up too.

Day 1: Mickey Pez, Toy Story game, card and puzzle set
Day 2: Pluto Pez, pixar velvet doodles, marvel super heroes magic towel
Day 3: Toy Story /bendable Building Sticks Book
Day 4: Donald tumbler, Disney silly bands, Mickey finger board, Cars card game
Day 5: Toy Story gummies, Toy Story stickers
Day 6: Mickey/Pooh mini puzzle tins, Piglet figurine, Eeyore figurine

Hopefully I can check on the helium tank tonight as well since his balloons are in the bag with the presents. We shall see!:shrug:

PineapplePrincess

Congratulations on adding a new Disney lover to your crew!
Being the Uber Planner that you are, you probably already know this, but I'll share it anyways.
Stack your 2 quarters and 1 penny in an empty Mini M & Ms container, so they'll be easier to fish out.
Your trip is almost here! I hope you and your family have a truly magical time!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Congratulations on adding a new Disney lover to your crew!
Being the Uber Planner that you are, you probably already know this, but I'll share it anyways.
Stack your 2 quarters and 1 penny in an empty Mini M & Ms container, so they'll be easier to fish out.
Your trip is almost here! I hope you and your family have a truly magical time!

Thanks! I hadn't thought about that this time around... my head is so far in the clouds lately!

jhoff3405

Just read through your plans....and I'm tired! How you are able to keep going being newly pregnant is inspiring!
I hope you have a great time on your trip!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Just read through your plans....and I'm tired! How you are able to keep going being newly pregnant is inspiring!
I hope you have a great time on your trip!

Thanks! To be quite honest I am pretty tired myself with having so much left to accomplish! I will get it done though, somehow! I always do!

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
The list is getting quickly cleared, but it still feels like there is so much to do! Especially since we leave-

IN THE MORNING!:sohappy:

mommamouse411

oh goodness!!! how exciting..hope you have comfy shoes..I did WDW pregnant SEVERAL TIMES...and I was tired alot at the 16week mark...had energy during the 5month mark...and then i did at 8months and I was in a wheelchair..lol..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom