The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition

MonorailRed

Applebees
Year Five: O.W.L Exams (In the Laughin' Place)
2016-06-07.png

In your 5th year at Hogwarts, a major component of your education is taking your O.W.L. exams.

For The House Cup, we are going to take a different spin on these exams...a spin towards the "Laughin' Place"

As an option for extra House Points, each team my submit one exam for a total of 35 House Points. The House with the funniest and most unique exam answers will get 50 points.

You may decide among your Housemates whether you want to work together to find the funniest answers, or want to let one person take the whole thing, or just skip it, as this is optional. :)

Just a fun activity to tie in with Year Five and add a bit of humor and levity to the challenge :p

*Please though....try to keep your answers as G-rated as possible. As tempting as some may be ...keep those answers in the PMs and only post family-friendly answers....there's kids here:hilarious: If you answer gets censored, we are not going to count it for points, just a warning.

We're sure there's plenty of answers that will be funny and clean.

This exam is due Friday June 10th at 11:59 PM EST - the exam is posted below - Enjoy!:D

O.W.L. Exam - House Cup

Hang on to your ____1____ and ____2____ folks, because this here’s the _____3____ ride in the _____4______!

1 – noun (plural)
2 – noun (plural)
3 – adjective
4 – noun

The ____5____ haunts have received your _____6_______ vibrations. And are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a ____7______ wake.

5 – adjective
6 – adjective
7 – adjective (ing)

Like a grand and miraculous ______8_______, our planet has sailed the ____9_____ of time. And for a brief ____10_____, we have been among its many ____11_____.

8 – noun
9 – noun
10 – noun
11 – noun (plural)

A dimension of __12______. A dimension of ____13_____. A dimension of ___14_____. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and ____15______. Of things and ____16___, you’ve just crossed over into ……_______17_______.

12 – noun
13 – noun
14 – noun
15 – noun
16 – noun (plural)
17 – Proper Noun.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirate’s ___18___ for me. We ____19____, we ___20____, we rifle, and loot. Drink up me hearties yo ho. We ____21_____ and ravage and don’t give a ___22_____.

18 – noun
19 – verb
20 – verb
21 – verb
22 – noun (no cursing please…just a reminder!)

Oohh la la….so that’s the ____23____ doing the hoochie coochie, eh,___24___?

23 – person (noun)
24 – person (noun)

Bonus Question :
25 – Find the 3 funniest Disney memes you can, and attach them to the end of your exam.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Time for another Voxcast review, this time with everyone's favorite part-time host @Voxel:

First up we have @Angels and Disney's with his surfin' turfin' and lets be honest there needs to me more racing slides in water parts, i love the idea of racing my limited quantity of friends only to yell about one of theme cheating at the end. All joking a side, a very strong submission.

Next up to sink or swim, @spacemt354, who I'm tempted not to judge because his attempts to beat me in the tournament, but old grudges aside the Alpine Avalanches makes me thing I'm going to die.. I think its a unique idea to have it swerve around the mountain side and your ending was quiet punny.

@IAmNotAHufflepuff (I'm still not so sure about this statement :p), I think you tackled this the correct way by building an expansion and introducing a slide that goes under the water, also the details you place into describing the area work, well done despite the slight confusion in your name, how does Snape handle it.

@tcool123, the one I once called the darkhorse who would surprise us all ( I believe you almost won that season if I remember), sadly I don't think that this is one of your strongest submission. While you answer the problem, these new thrills seems like a clone of the original experiences.

@Poe Dameron One word. Water Roller Coaster, HECK YES!! Okay more than once word, but still amazing..

Rankings:
@Poe Dameron
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@Angels and Disney's
@spacemt354
@tcool123

Over all great work, I know water parks are a hard challenge, remember LED and Special effects are now making there way into water parks to great success next time. :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Year Five: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Mouse
House_of_Mouse_staff.jpg

As a bonus tie-in with Year Five for anyone who wishes, like @brb1006, the challenge here is to build something in a Disney Park based on any characters from the House of Mouse. It can be an attraction, a restaurant, anything you want!

Also if anyone has any old projects they have done with House of Mouse, you're more than welcome to "plus" them and re-post here!

The projects just need to be a minimum of 5 sentences. That's it! And the due date will be at the end of Year Five (so next Tuesday at 11:59PM EST)

*** Also please note that, just like the prior Mini-Challenge rules, only 4 people can submit per House!

Have Fun!

Last edited:

tcool123

House_of_Mouse_staff.jpg

As a bonus tie-in with Year Five for anyone who wishes, like @brb1006, the challenge here is to build something in a Disney Park based on any characters from the House of Mouse. It can be an attraction, a restaurant, anything you want!

Also if anyone has any old projects they have done with House of Mouse, you're more than welcome to "plus" them and re-post here!

The projects just need to be a minimum of 5 sentences. That's it! And the due date will be at the end of Year Five (so next Tuesday at 11:59PM EST)

Have Fun!

Can I use the land I placed my House of Mouse or must I use an existing land?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Can I use the land I placed my House of Mouse or must I use an existing land?
I'm somewhat confused on the question:p

You can use the land you originally placed your House of Mouse in if that's what you're asking

Also - forgot to mention - anyone in The House Cup will get 10 House Points for submitting, however there will be no reviews, as Red and Vox have enough to review, this is just for fun and I couldn't resist the title:hilarious:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

House_of_Mouse_staff.jpg

Have Fun!

The wording here confuses me. Does our attraction have to be themed around House of Mouse, or can we just use characters shown on the programming?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The wording here confuses me. Does our attraction have to be themed around House of Mouse, or can we just use characters shown on the programming?
"build something in a Disney Park based on any characters from the House of Mouse."

You have basically most of the Disney Library of animated characters at your disposal. You can create something themed around the House of Mouse (as previous projects have done before) or you can take individual characters who have appeared on House of Mouse and make something based off of them (in their own universe tangential to HoM)...and many characters from Disney films like Aladdin, Hercules, etc - have made appearances on the show.

brb1006

My idea for an Aristocats attraction can be more edutainment by teaching guests about french music and art starring Duchess and the kittens. This attraction will feature AA's of the cats with Roquefort using the same technology for the AA of the Seven Dwarfs for 7DMT. One segment is hosted by Duchess,Berlioz and Marie for French music, and Berlioz and Roquefort for French Art. The building can be reminiscent to the "Mansard" style mansions/building seen at Paris,France during the 1800's and 1900's. This attraction could either be at the France Pavilion at Epcot (If World Showcase ever gotten an expansion),Disneyland Paris, or Tokyo Disneyland.
ar124120875388472.jpg

There is also an indoor meet and greet area where you can meet the kittens from The Aristocats based on the room where the piano was located in the original film. Guests can head there after the show is finished.
8473840669_7884b06bf7_b.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Year Five: Educational Degree Number D23
Screen%20Shot%202016-04-27%20at%2012.57.10%20PM_zpspcllarb4.png

In light of our spirited, creative duel last round, I hereby invoke Educational Degree Number D23 and challenge @MonorailRed to another duel in Year Five.

This will be different than before, however. For any new members or members who haven't seen it, @MonorailRed 's passion project has been Walt Disney World 1966 - which reboots Walt Disney World from the ground up starting from scratch in 1966.

It's a fun, blue-sky project that everyone is welcome to join in and pitch ideas for. And most likely will kick back up into full gear after The House Cup ends:)

To expedite the creative process, the city of E.P.C.O.T. will be a part of the new WDW Resort. I challenge Red to design a Disney University campus for the city - a full fledged college with dorms, classrooms, etc and where it will be in Epcot. Best of the two projects will go into the 1966 project!:D

Let's set a due date for Friday June 10th at 11:59 PM EST along with the O.W.L. Exams - sound good?:cool:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Year Five: Educational Degree Number D23
Screen%20Shot%202016-04-27%20at%2012.57.10%20PM_zpspcllarb4.png

In light of our spirited, creative duel last round, I hereby invoke Educational Degree Number D23 and challenge @MonorailRed to another duel in Year Five.

This will be different than before, however. For any new members or members who haven't seen it, @MonorailRed 's passion project has been Walt Disney World 1966 - which reboots Walt Disney World from the ground up starting from scratch in 1966.

It's a fun, blue-sky project that everyone is welcome to join in and pitch ideas for. And most likely will kick back up into full gear after The House Cup ends:)

To expedite the creative process, the city of E.P.C.O.T. will be a part of the new WDW Resort. I challenge Red to design a Disney University campus for the city - a full fledged college with dorms, classrooms, etc and where it will be in Epcot. Best of the two projects will go into the 1966 project!:D

Let's set a due date for Friday June 10th at 11:59 PM EST along with the O.W.L. Exams - sound good?:cool:

Let the better project win! :cool::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom