The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I may or may not join the competition, but would the challenges be Harry Potter related, as in imagineering a new Harry Potter attraction at Universal?
No we (the contestants) come up with the challenges! So it can be anything we are interested in.

I'm going to start the brainstorming thread for it tomorrow morning and I'll post the guidelines on how to make the challenges on this thread later tonight!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Sign me up!! Also, could a cliff notes be given for the presentation? I'm out right now and don't want to waste data. :p
Basically after the 5th challenge, and the House Cup is awarded to the team with the most points, all the contestants will enter a board room type situation called "The Hearing"

At the hearing you will plead your case for why you deserve to move on in the competition to the "Imagineer Who Lived" stage - in which the top 6 in the competition (decided by the judges) will face off in a 3 v 3 challenge in round 6. And then the winning team of 3 will enter the final round (The Deathly Hallows) and be able to use the resurrection stone to bring back players from the game (like in SA) for one big finale!

That was pretty much the big announcement!

KingOfEpicocity

Basically after the 5th challenge, and the House Cup is awarded to the team with the most points, all the contestants will enter a board room type situation called "The Hearing"

At the hearing you will plead your case for why you deserve to move on in the competition to the "Imagineer Who Lived" stage - in which the top 6 in the competition (decided by the judges) will face off in a 3 v 3 challenge in round 6. And then the winning team of 3 will enter the final round (The Deathly Hallows) and be able to use the resurrection stone to bring back players from the game (like in SA) for one big finale!

That was pretty much the big announcement!

Oh this is gonna be exciting XD

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Here's the outline for how to propose the comp challenges! Any questions please feel free to ask!

Guidelines for Creating House Cup Imagineering Challenges

1 - Think as a contestant: Basically think as yourself, what projects would you like to do in this competition?
2 - Think about timelines and teamwork: You want your challenge idea to fit into a 7-9 day window of time...something that is feasible to do in that time period. You also have to think about what would benefit a team the most? What would make it less stressful on you and give everyone the opportunity to contribute?

(I used this analogy on the podcast) For example: You probably wouldn't want a team of upwards of 6 people working on a hot dog stand, or something as simple as that, for a week. However, you also wouldn't want to design an entire resort with multiple theme parks, etc in a week either.

Basically - try not to undershoot or overshoot the timeline, and keep in the back of your mind...in a few weeks when you're in your teams, what type of challenges would be most beneficial and accessible to a team of armchair-imagineers.

3 - When I post the Challenge Discussion Thread tomorrow I'm going to tag everyone who's signed up so far so we can spit-ball ideas. What will happen is for the next week or so (until TSI is over) we can talk about, edit, create challenges together, and then we put them all up for a vote, and everyone votes for their top 7 challenges.

The top 7 challenges will then be put into the Gringotts Vault and the games will begin with the sorting hat ceremony! :D

Thank you all again, today has been great and I'm so excited for the future! It's going to be a fun ride!:)

Daveeeeed

I have a question about submitting a challenge that has already been done. I know there have been ones about a complete redo of Tomorrowland, but could there be something like a ride? I don't know if that has been done though. Also how much detail are you looking for? Or are you going to be looking for more broad things with a few details here and there and maybe a map and a couple of concept art? Sorry for so many questions I am just excited now!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I have a question about submitting a challenge that has already been done. I know there have been ones about a complete redo of Tomorrowland, but could there be something like a ride? I don't know if that has been done though. Also how much detail are you looking for? Or are you going to be looking for more broad things with a few details here and there and maybe a map and a couple of concept art? Sorry for so many questions I am just excited now!
You're good! Glad to answer:D

Basically, you can submit whatever ideas you want, if it's been done before, that's alright, but I just think it would be a neat spin to try to have all brand new projects for this comp!:bookworm:

In terms of detail, that's up to the teams! It's all relative to what you think you can accomplish with a group of 4-5 other fellow armchair imagineers in a week or so!

When we make the thread tomorrow, be sure to post your idea! Then we can all take a look and go from there!

The next week or so will mostly consist of all of us deciding on what challenges we all agree on and like the best!:cool: I'd love to see it!

Daveeeeed

You're good! Glad to answer:D

Basically, you can submit whatever ideas you want, if it's been done before, that's alright, but I just think it would be a neat spin to try to have all brand new projects for this comp!:bookworm:

In terms of detail, that's up to the teams! It's all relative to what you think you can accomplish with a group of 4-5 other fellow armchair imagineers in a week or so!

When we make the thread tomorrow, be sure to post your idea! Then we can all take a look and go from there!

The next week or so will mostly consist of all of us deciding on what challenges we all agree on and like the best!:cool: I'd love to see it!
Thanks for the the answer, I am super excited like you have no idea. I am going to head off to bed now, goodnight everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom