:eek: I'm gonna ban wink faces from this comp:p ";)"
MdEwOO.gif

;););)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
HouseCup_zpskvhdsoke.png

Dear Mr./Ms Imagineer

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To help you prepare for your potential journey this spring, we've outlined a list of objectives and guidelines that we hope will make your stay at Hogwarts a magical one!

Sincerely, your Professors (Judges)
@MonorailRed - Professor Snape

@IDInstitute - Professor Flitwick

As we stated in the introductory post, before you arrive at Hogwarts, you must place your challenge requests into the Gringotts Bank. The challenges can be anything you desire, what your interests are, what you've always wanted to do on the imagineer forum, anything. Place those ideas into the Bank, and then we're off to Hogwarts.

Once you arrive at Hogwarts you will be sorted into your Houses, determined by the Sorting Hat on a Live On-Air Podcast Opening Night!

Then, when you are sorted into your Houses...the quest for the House Cup begins!

The House Cup is awarded to the House with the most amount of total Imagineering Points

Imagineering Points can be achieved through a variety of ways:

1 - Imagineering Challenges
For each "Year" (round) at Hogwarts, your House will be given a 7-10 day (varies depending on your schedules) imagineering challenge to work on against the other houses. Your House's performance in the challenge nets you a variety of point values.

1st place - 150 points
2nd place - 125 points
3rd place - 100 points
4th place - 75 points

*If a House does not submit a project, their team will be awarded 0 points. This is to encourage all teams to submit, something. Because there will be a 75 point difference, and almost impossible odds to win the house cup if you don't submit a challenge.

2 - Prefect Awards
For each imagineering challenge, the judges will watch over the House PMs and look at your progress. Who has the best House chemistry, who is sacrificing the most for the House, and so on. At the end of the round, individual Prefect Awards can be given out to players who stood out in the challenges.

Guidelines for Prefect Awards
- Only 1 award can be given to a player per challenge.
- point values range from 10-50 House points depending on the significance of the achievement.
- reward must have 2/3 vote in favor by the panel of 3 judges (Snape, Flitwick, + 1 guest judge) in order to be given out.

3 - Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Challenges
Another way that makes this competition unique is the inclusion of Bertie Bott's mini-imagineering challenges that can be played on an individual level to help your House gain points.

Per "Year" (round) there will be 2-4 Bertie Bott challenges given out, that are completely optional, but participation in them can help your team and help you in the game.

These challenges will be themed to Harry Potter classes including:

Divinaiton, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Astronomy, Potions, Care for Magical Creatures, Flying, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Study of Ancient Ruins and OWLs

which will all correlate to Disney themes and subjects such as:

Defense Against the Dark Arts - Disney Villains
Herbology - The Land Pavilion
Study of Ancient Ruins - Extinct Disney Attractions

In the categories there will be 48 hour mini-challenges based on those topics.

Guidelines for Points
- The "winner" of these challenges will receive 20 points
(150 points/8 day challenges (+/- 2 days) = 18.75 round to 20. Basically so that it's the same point value a day or 2 of the real challenge would be worth so it's all on the same playing field.
- 2nd place will receive 10 points
- Any other participation will receive 5 points. So if you just submit you are gaining points for your house, and if all your (4) team members submit, you can accumulate 20 points minimum per discussion challenge.
- One team can win multiple (or all) of the challenges per round.

4 - The Dueling Club
After the main challenge is submitted (usually on a Saturday night) Anyone can challenge another opposing house to a 1 on 1, 24 hour "duel" based on a 24 hour prompt in the Gringotts vault.

The contestant merely has to tag the challenger in the main thread Friday, so they have 24 hours to respond.

The opponent has the ability to deny or defer the duel to someone else on their team. And there can be only 1 duel per round (it would get nutty for the judges if there were several)

Guidelines for Points
If person A calls out person B for a duel, and person A wins, person A gets 20 points for their House (and person B gets 0).

If person A calls out person B for a duel, and person B wins, person B gets 30 points for their House (and person A gets 0)

Moral of the story...be careful who you call out. :p

Conclusion
For now, that is all the Professors will reveal. They don't want to spoil any hidden tricks up their sleeves...at least not quite yet...Professor Snape has a lot of students in detention right now, and needs to attend to them. Thank you for reading and we hope you enjoy your time at Hogwarts, coming soon!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Also special thanks to @MonorailRed for doing the awesome House Cup logo! And for @IDInstitute for judging the comp as well!

Should be a fun time:)

This is really a comp for the players...by the players, so you really have most of the say. If there's anything you want to see or adjust shout it out!:D We'll make the adjustment now instead of mid-May. :p

Lastly, there's one special surprise I have (which also I'd like feedback on) but I'm saving the suspense till next week:cool: One thing at a time.:bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Greetings once more Witches, Wizards, and Muggles!:happy:

Tomorrow night (Friday) at 8PM EST - we will have a special Live House Cup announcement on the newly formed House Cup YouTube Channel from @MonorailRed , @IDInstitute , and myself.

On it, you will be introduced to the judges, learn about the rest of the competition, and at the end we will announce the starting dates for the competition!

Hope to see you all there and thank you again! Should be a fun time!

TheOriginalTiki

I'm going to take a back seat to competing given how much of my free time I've sacrificed for TSI, but I just have to say I'm incredibly impressed with all the planning that's gone into this thing. The rules...while complex, are very accessible and definitely allow for players of all skill levels to compete. I can't wait to see this unfold!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm going to take a back seat to competing given how much of my free time I've sacrificed for TSI, but I just have to say I'm incredibly impressed with all the planning that's gone into this thing. The rules...while complex, are very accessible and definitely allow for players of all skill levels to compete. I can't wait to see this unfold!
No worries! Enjoy the time off!

And thank you! Trying to make it so it's accessible to everyone and acts as a sorta introductory competition for people who may not have done something like this before.

Also we will try to get the onlookers (Muggles:p) involved in the competition as much as possible!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Greetings once more Witches, Wizards, and Muggles!:happy:

Tomorrow night (Friday) at 8PM EST - we will have a special Live House Cup announcement on the newly formed House Cup YouTube Channel from @MonorailRed , @IDInstitute , and myself.

On it, you will be introduced to the judges, learn about the rest of the competition, and at the end we will announce the starting dates for the competition!

Hope to see you all there and thank you again! Should be a fun time!

And also as a reminder in less than 6 hours we will share our announcement!

*Shouldn't be any longer than 5-10 minutes for anyone interested in watching live, and we'll post the shownotes as well in case anyone missed it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom