Trip Report The Holiday Humdinger *COMPLETED*

I can't believe the Summer of @Tuvalu is over! Is there going to be a holiday humdinger trip report?!!

I couldn’t disappoint a very expectant mama-to-be, now could I? Especially one who was kind enough to provide the title for this trip report!

So here you go, @krisri18......and anyone else who’d like to follow along on yet another Tuvalu WDW adventure, HOLIDAY STYLE.

I plan on posting live updates and will write an expanded report (“Part Tu” @Tony the Tigger 😊) once I return home. After all, what else will I have to do in December? 😉😂

Who: Tuvalu and Woody

56D313FD-2A11-4060-AB49-F55EC4FE0F82.jpeg

When: November 27 - December 3, 2018
Where: I shouldn’t even have to tell you. My 🎄go-to.

So be on the lookout for us, @DisneyShe, @slipperalwaysfits @mcstensrud. We’ve packed our sweaters and jeans for the chilly weekdays (highs only near 60, lows in the 40s ~ WTH??) and our shorts and tees for the unseasonably warm weekend (highs in the 80s). Yeah, that 30 degree temperature swing isn’t going to help the colds Woody and I are starting with.....

But we’re going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

Em had a tough decision to make about what to do this evening: return to Epcot and brave the standby line for the Candlelight Processional in hopes of seeing John Stamos and the Holiday finale to Illuminations (which she has wanted to do for the past couple years but it hasn’t worked out); or go to MK and see the Castle lights, since this was the only night there wasn’t a MVMCP.

She reasoned we could see Stamos tomorrow (though not Illuminations since we had a dinner ADR she wanted to keep) but could only go to MK tonight....so MK it was!

Woody opted to stay behind and watch the UGA/BAMA SEC Championship Game. (It was a great game as UGA led until the last three minutes and then choked. :banghead: )

Rather than head directly to MK, Em wanted to start with a monorail resort tour to see the decorations. We went to the boat dock to wait for the Contemporary boat.

A02958ED-6C46-41C9-81D1-3F5DED2B24FD.jpeg

BA9FF1AB-87C9-4C92-AA79-42F003F2E0BA.jpeg

This woman has gone “green” ~ she’s using a Publix reusable grocery bag as a backpack!

F2290E85-29BC-4474-A7E1-1D00A648AFD1.jpeg

Boat’s here!
53447336-A266-43BC-9FA7-F05E7BF77AEF.jpeg

B46C01E9-6792-493F-83C3-BFBE7B041572.jpeg

Our boat skipper was very “punny”....one rapid punchline after another during the 5 minute ride. Em declared he must have been a Jungle Cruise CM at some point in his career.

674F178C-70EA-443F-AED6-BE8761F77223.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We rode the escalators to the 4th floor. Stopped to browse in B*V*G before checking out the gingerbread display.

99B010CA-D6C0-4786-AB66-E0A68AB239D1.jpeg

96396437-DD19-4212-B84F-1B7E3A535CD5.jpeg

Still doesn’t do it for me even with a second attempt.

Em wanted me to pose against this back-drop celebrity style. I gave her my best Shirley smile.
FD8CAD39-991A-429F-BE34-C47A75A9EB30.jpeg

We boarded the monorail but stayed put when we reached the Poly. The platform was filled to the brim with guests and we did not want to be part of it just to see the Poly tree.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
In hindsight we shouldn’t have gotten off at the GF. As bad as the crowd was waiting to board at the Poly, the one at GF was MUCH WORSE.

The entire outdoor platform was full, and the line stretched inside.....
90167D1F-EFDC-42DD-8D91-A89B2E167EDE.jpeg

.....all the way to the Grand Staircase! :jawdrop:
4C9A0A48-BA2A-479E-8466-0AEDE33116C5.jpeg

We had NEVER seen that many people inside the GF at one time. Our desire to get a close look at the tree and gingerbread house immediately vanished. Em took a couple pics from above.

BFE5F297-86B1-4E57-B508-55ED7A68DA9F.jpeg

4AEB1F78-3D82-4489-B196-4A6DFD09F7BD.jpeg

Then we pushed our way into Basin so I could purchase Vanilla Grapefruit Body Butter for my DIL (it’s exclusive to the GF.)

The Basin soaps are adorbs, but impractical for washing. After a few uses they begin to fall apart.
9C94E9F1-ADF6-4102-ACD9-D207CAA78E3A.jpeg

Even the checkout line at Basin was long. After paying it was another 20 minutes until we were back on the monorail. My brother’s family was headed to WDW the week before Christmas and I advised him not to visit the GF in the evening....counsel he did not heed. :banghead:

Rista1313

Saturday, con’t

Em had a tough decision to make about what to do this evening: return to Epcot and brave the standby line for the Candlelight Processional in hopes of seeing John Stamos and the Holiday finale to Illuminations (which she has wanted to do for the past couple years but it hasn’t worked out); or go to MK and see the Castle lights, since this was the only night there wasn’t a MVMCP.

She reasoned we could see Stamos tomorrow (though not Illuminations since we had a dinner ADR she wanted to keep) but could only go to MK tonight....so MK it was!

Woody opted to stay behind and watch the UGA/BAMA SEC Championship Game. (It was a great game as UGA led until the last three minutes and then choked. :banghead: )

Rather than head directly to MK, Em wanted to start with a monorail resort tour to see the decorations. We went to the boat dock to wait for the Contemporary boat.

View attachment 340903

View attachment 340904

This woman has gone “green” ~ she’s using a Publix reusable grocery bag as a backpack!

View attachment 340905

Boat’s here!
View attachment 340906

View attachment 340908

Our boat skipper was very “punny”....one rapid punchline after another during the 5 minute ride. Em declared he must have been a Jungle Cruise CM at some point in his career.

View attachment 340907

Off topic... do you know if the boat from MK to WL allows ECV's?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We wisely pre-ordered our dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus. It was ready moments after we arrived.

E69725CA-E48A-4776-A4EB-73ADB1C8E37E.jpeg

Chicken nuggets for Em, chicken parm sammie for me.

Well, where else would we sit? 😻
CE1D43C7-5381-4AEC-AF5B-F991701F2598.jpeg

Em had snagged the only available FP before we left the Lodge. Fortunately it was for one of our faves (and a close walk from the restaurant.)

5FB27188-0540-4CFF-82E9-3324B2E0D2D3.jpeg

99DF5DF2-5742-423F-B90C-E013428B99B7.jpeg

Em was in the mood for an M&M krispie pop so we ventured over to Big Top Souvenirs. She got her treat and checked the app for another FP ~ slim pickings, nothing that interested us enough to fight the masses. We thought about riding the train back to Main Street to avoid the crowds, but after seeing the line that was a big fat NOPE!

We walked through Tomorrowland and contemplated a ride on the MPB 2.0 for about half a second (couldn’t even find the end of the line.) So we made our way through the Sea of Humanity that was waiting for HEA and exited the park.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, December 2

Whoo Hoo! I actually slept until 6am this morning. :hilarious: As usual I did a little reading and got myself ready before Woody and Em woke up. I took their breakfast order (waffles) and set out for Roaring Fork.

When I opened our door I noticed we did not a Tragical Express eviction notice. Now I’d have to stop at the Front Desk before picking up breakfast. :bored:

I saw this unusual sight in the hall.

67D9F358-95DE-4395-B7F4-B0617638FE8A.jpeg

Now I understand you may not want to disturb your sleeping family, but there are only dozens of comfy places to read in the Lodge that don’t require sitting on the floor. I don’t know how long she had been there, but she was there when I returned with breakfast and still there when we left to go to the parks.

There were a couple of people ahead of me at the Front Desk so I had to wait several minutes.

When I explained we hadn’t received our DME departure letter the CM turned to his computer. “There seems to be a problem with your reservation,” he said.

“What’s the problem?” I asked.

“I’m not sure,” he answered. After a bunch of keystrokes, he picked up the phone and called Mears. It was a lengthy call with code talk I did not understand. Eventually the CM hung up and said, “I’ll just print your letter.”

Um....okay. I’m still uncertain why there was even an issue. I’d booked DME months ago, and Em was listed on the return flight (though she did not use DME from the airport to WL.)

Letter in hand, I continued to Roaring Fork where I placed three waffle orders sans various toppings. After we finished, Em went into the bathroom which provided me the perfect opportunity to put a surprise on her bed.

2704F759-E395-41DD-A519-990AE1DB534A.jpeg

Inside was a pair of holiday llama Toms which Em was thrilled to receive.

319DF55D-10D2-41E3-A0C4-EFCD3F59208F.jpeg

We gathered our things and headed out to the bus stop.

4D27155D-CBAC-4DCF-8A54-0A47F03FA887.jpeg

This is the third year in a row Em’s gotten to wear this shirt!

4CDA36F2-6DBD-4857-B18A-4D98DDC797E5.jpeg

Lots of people going to the Studios today!

93boomer

Premium Member
Sunday, December 2

Whoo Hoo! I actually slept until 6am this morning. :hilarious: As usual I did a little reading and got myself ready before Woody and Em woke up. I took their breakfast order (waffles) and set out for Roaring Fork.

When I opened our door I noticed we did not a Tragical Express eviction notice. Now I’d have to stop at the Front Desk before picking up breakfast. :bored:

I saw this unusual sight in the hall.

View attachment 340956

Now I understand you may not want to disturb your sleeping family, but there are only dozens of comfy places to read in the Lodge that don’t require sitting on the floor. I don’t know how long she had been there, but she was there when I returned with breakfast and still there when we left to go to the parks.

There were a couple of people ahead of me at the Front Desk so I had to wait several minutes.

When I explained we hadn’t received our DME departure letter the CM turned to his computer. “There seems to be a problem with your reservation,” he said.

“What’s the problem?” I asked.

“I’m not sure,” he answered. After a bunch of keystrokes, he picked up the phone and called Mears. It was a lengthy call with code talk I did not understand. Eventually the CM hung up and said, “I’ll just print your letter.”

Um....okay. I’m still uncertain why there was even an issue. I’d booked DME months ago, and Em was listed on the return flight (though she did not use DME from the airport to WL.)

Letter in hand, I continued to Roaring Fork where I placed three waffle orders sans various toppings. After we finished, Em went into the bathroom which provided me the perfect opportunity to put a surprise on her bed.

View attachment 340955

Inside was a pair of holiday llama Toms which Em was thrilled to receive.

View attachment 340962

We gathered our things and headed out to the bus stop.

View attachment 340957
This is the third year in a row Em’s gotten to wear this shirt!

View attachment 340959
Lots of people going to the Studios today!
You are such a nice Mom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom