The Hidden Horror of the Haunted Mansion Queue

Master Gracey

Original Poster
I just finished talking with one of my Orlando friends who just hit me with a rumor I'll be fuming about for a good long while. It is the most unwelcomed change to the Haunted Mansion since Constance axed her way in. Apparently, the new interactive queue is to be a distraction for the latest (as well as missguided) attempts to make Fast Pass work at the Haunted Mansion.

For those who remember, Fast Pass was already tried there once, and it failed miserably. From the story I was told, from the day it arrived at the Mansion, guests from both Fast Pass and Standby were nastier (sometime to the point of violent) to the Mansion Cast Members than at any other Fast Pass location. That Christmas Eve, the General Manager of the Magic Kingdom was attempting to help controll the Fast Pass line, but the guests refused to listen. Only after the General Manager annonced that they would close the Mansion for the rest of the day if the crowd didn't behave, did anyone pay attention. At that point the General Manager told the Mansion staff that the next day Fast Pass would be gone forever! And so it was. The General Manager's final act at the Magic Kingdom before moving to another job was having the Fast Pass machines at the Haunted Mansion removed.

Why can't Disney ever learn from the past? The Mansion queue is already hecktic enough with the wheelchair entrance halfway through the regular queue. Now they want to reintroduce this headache into the mix? All this will accomplish is artificially increase the wait time and put the Cast Members back into that state of jeopardy! Here is a simple adage Team Disney Orlando, "If it's not broken, DON'T BREAK IT!"

PirateFrank

I dont get it. fast pass isnt needed at the haunted mansion. I've never seen more than a 10-20 minute wait there....why would TDO attempt to ruin the queue with FP?

Im not sure I buy the idea that they're trying to install FP at the HM...

RonAnnArbor

I'll second that....there is nothing being changed re: FastPass at HM -- gotta be careful not to react to "rumors" from friends of friends who know someone who told them that for sure they heard from their friend who works in (Fill in: operations/cast member/development) who happens to be a (Fill in: best friend/cousin/neighbor/co-worker) of the CEO/CFO/Dept Head, etc.....Blah Blah Blah

While I agree it doesn't need FastPass, to the poster above who said they have never seen the line longer than 10-20 minutes....you have not been there at peek periods when the standard wait is about 50-60 minutes, and at times even longer.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'll second that....there is nothing being changed re: FastPass at HM -- gotta be careful not to react to "rumors" from friends of friends who know someone who told them that for sure they heard from their friend who works in (Fill in: operations/cast member/development) who happens to be a (Fill in: best friend/cousin/neighbor/co-worker) of the CEO/CFO/Dept Head, etc.....Blah Blah Blah

While I agree it doesn't need FastPass, to the poster above who said they have never seen the line longer than 10-20 minutes....you have not been there at peek periods when the standard wait is about 50-60 minutes, and at times even longer.

We saw it hit 75 minutes over Memorial Day this past May. Hopefully the new queue additions will help ease those sort of long waits.....

MAGICFLOP

If they did do FP, they need to do it better, you can't have it merge into the line. It needs to go to the door and the cast member needs to let them straight into the first hall before letting the general line go in.

MaryJaneP

I would be surprised if the queue changed the wait time at all. The ride has a fixed throughput. The stretching room can only hold so many and the doombuggy queue is not being enlarged. The ride progresses at a fixed speed, taking into account loading/unloading guests.

I agree FP returning would be a horrible idea and hopefully this rumor is like many others, totally false.

I just hope the graveyard and whatever interactive there is is worth the wait, which I suspect will be unchanged.

Rob562

I assume your referring to the bride in the attic. When did she get the name Constance?

If I'm not mistaken, her name is in that scene in one or two places in the form of the wedding invitations or some such bride-related decoration.

-Rob

Master Gracey

Original Poster
I don't think you know what you're talking about.
-zoo

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm talking about. I am conveying what I've heard from my friend about The Haunted Mansion trying Fast Pass again, and the story of why it failed in the first place. I think I made it pretty clear.

I dont get it. fast pass isnt needed at the haunted mansion. . .

My feelings exactly, and why the notion is riling me up.

I assume your referring to the bride in the attic. When did she get the name Constance?

Yes. The new bride from the 2008 refurb was brought to WDW from the DL 2006 refurb who is also named Constance. You can see her name, as well as each of her husbands (Ambrose, Frank, Marquis, Reginald and George) in their individual wedding portraits. The previous WDW bride, (according to the Cast Member written biographies called the "Ghost Gallery") was known as Emily Gracey, Master Gracey's 2nd wife.

And why isn't she welcome?
-zoo

Well for the long answer, I refer you to the 1/6/10 Micechact thread entitled "Constance vs. Beating Heart?"
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/129873-constance-vs-beating-heart-haunted-mansion.html

For the short, just ask about anyone who say the bride from the mid 80's - mid 90's (or any Mansion Butler or Maid for that matter), and they'll tell you they prefered the silent, veiled Beating Heart Bride to the poorly projected, and rarely in sync with her auido Constance.

I ask you honestly, which is the creepier:

HereComestheWDWBride-1.jpg
HereComestheWDWBride-2.jpg

Emily Gracey or Constance​

obviously the correct answer is:​

CorpseBride.jpg

Opening day's Corpse Bride!​

But I digress. All I know is that I've only mentioned the rumor I've heard about Fast Pass returning to the Haunted Mansion, the story I've been told as to why it failed, and my own feelings that I shall re-state, Fast Pass is not needed at the Haunted Mansion, and I hope that this is only a rumor!​

BrittanyRose428

I don't think the Haunted Mansion really needs a fast pass since the line is never that long anyways unless its during the holidays, and either way an interactive queue wouldn't be a bad idea... :shrug:

zooey

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm talking about. I am conveying what I've heard from my friend about The Haunted Mansion trying Fast Pass again, and the story of why it failed in the first place. I think I made it pretty clear.

My feelings exactly, and why the notion is riling me up.

Yes. The new bride from the 2008 refurb was brought to WDW from the DL 2006 refurb who is also named Constance. You can see her name, as well as each of her husbands (Ambrose, Frank, Marquis, Reginald and George) in their individual wedding portraits. The previous WDW bride, (according to the Cast Member written biographies called the "Ghost Gallery") was known as Emily Gracey, Master Gracey's 2nd wife.

Well for the long answer, I refer you to the 1/6/10 Micechact thread entitled "Constance vs. Beating Heart?"
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/129873-constance-vs-beating-heart-haunted-mansion.html

For the short, just ask about anyone who say the bride from the mid 80's - mid 90's (or any Mansion Butler or Maid for that matter), and they'll tell you they prefered the silent, veiled Beating Heart Bride to the poorly projected, and rarely in sync with her auido Constance.

I ask you honestly, which is the creepier:

HereComestheWDWBride-1.jpg
HereComestheWDWBride-2.jpg

Emily Gracey or Constance​

obviously the correct answer is:​

CorpseBride.jpg

Opening day's Corpse Bride!​

But I digress. All I know is that I've only mentioned the rumor I've heard about Fast Pass returning to the Haunted Mansion, the story I've been told as to why it failed, and my own feelings that I shall re-state, Fast Pass is not needed at the Haunted Mansion, and I hope that this is only a rumor!​

But why does she rabble when the haunted rabble doesn't need rabble?
-zoo

slappy magoo

Why can't Disney ever learn from the past? The Mansion queue is already hecktic enough with the wheelchair entrance halfway through the regular queue. Now they want to reintroduce this headache into the mix? All this will accomplish is artificially increase the wait time and put the Cast Members back into that state of jeopardy! Here is a simple adage Team Disney Orlando, "If it's not broken, DON'T BREAK IT!"

But since this is just a rumor, you've no idea if they've actually neglected to learn from the past.

You've also no idea if the changes to the queue might better accommodate FP, if there are even changes truly planned or merely being discussed, if that.

RSoxNo1

Haunted Mansion can definitely function as a "seasonal" fastpass attraction, but it's probably not necessary.

As several have mentioned previously, normally the wait is 20 minutes or less, but if the wait is 30 minutes or more, I could see them turning on Fastpass.

I don't recall any of the supposed nightmares with the Fastpass queue at the Haunted Mansion but it's set up basically the same way as Test Track from a queue, holding room, queue, ride standpoint.

With that said, I haven't heard anything about Fastpass returning to the Haunted Mansion - it seems like the queue changes are for ADA compliance as well as a few other enhancements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom