The Haunted Mansion's Hat Box Ghost...?

juan

The biggest difference between Disneyland and Disney World's mansion right now is the audio. The stretching room and the Graveyard scenes in Disney World are head and shoulders ahead of Disneyland's.

WDW also has a ton more ride length in the beginning

WDITrent

:ROFLOL: :sohappy: We need Mrs. Kendall!

And in more watching of Martin's tribute, and in my own personal rides on HM, the area where he is supposed to be, as marked by the Hat Boxes is VERY apparent.

Ahhh, I miss my Mansion. :eek:
Don't worry. Rhonda told me there will be a tribute to the Hat Box Ghost in Mystic Manor once it opens in Beastly Kingdom... :lookaroun

WDW also has a ton more ride length in the beginning
Technologically, though, in terms of how it was refurbished.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Don't worry. Rhonda told me there will be a tribute to the Hat Box Ghost in Mystic Manor once it opens in Beastly Kingdom... :lookaroun

Technologically, though, in terms of how it was refurbished.

Fantastic. Can't wait.

And yes, our audio and the beginning, and the staircase really make HM amazing. And it still looks new, too!

Figment632

Yea thr streching room is better in WDW as well. In DL the floor moves down as the cieling moves up but it makes you feel like you are simply in an elevator imo ruining the effect.

MarkTwain

Our ride is amazing. You walk by relatively quickly without looking at the show scenes in DL. Having it on the ride is 100% better.

Agreed 100%. The first time I rode DL's Haunted Mansion, and we were walking past the portraits and the staring busts, I was like "When the heck do we get to the ride!?" :lol:

DL's Haunted Mansion certainly has its history, and the New Orleans ambience on its side... but aside from that, I much prefer ours.

DDBB

Agreed 100%. The first time I rode DL's Haunted Mansion, and we were walking past the portraits and the staring busts, I was like "When the heck do we get to the ride!?" :lol:

I like the fact that I can stop and watch the portraits change and see the busts follow me as I move back and forth. It used to freak me out as a child. :eek:

sponono88

:eek:

Wow.

That either makes DL's queue amazing, or our ride amazing. :lol: Which one?!

see for yourself

[youtube]3xDxldETYQA[/youtube]

personally I don't have a preference for either one. I like walking through the hallway before actually boarding the doom buggy

I like the fact that I can stop and watch the portraits change and see the busts follow me as I move back and forth. It used to freak me out as a child. :eek:

+1

:)

raven

However, the effect never worked exactly right, and he was pulled from the Mansion.

Let me go do some digging to see how wrong I am. :lol:

Actually the Hat Box Ghost never appeared in the mansion since the effect didn't work properly. It was in storage for a while in the 60's until it vanished and they have no clue where it went.

SirGoofy

Actually the Hat Box Ghost never appeared in the mansion since the effect didn't work properly. It was in storage for a while in the 60's until it vanished and they have no clue where it went.

Not true. The Hatbox Ghost was installed and operating during employee previews of the Haunted Mansion.

Brian_WDW74

According to Jim Hill, if you choose to believe him, there's a third-hand report (supposedly started by Marc Davis himself) that the Hat Box Ghost was stripped for parts and put inside the Sam the Eagle animatronic in "America Sings." The parts may now be inside one of the animatronics in Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom