The Haunted Mansion's Hat Box Ghost...?

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
I think it's possible that he will return in a year or two...probably to both HM's. Didn't they make a new pin of him last year? Only it's not of what he looked like in 1969, but rather an updated version of him, resting his hatbox on a bunch of hatboxes piled on top of each other (possibly to hold a new projection effect within them). I ask, because for quite a while now, Disney pins that get released (the one that comes to mind right away in the Disneyland Tinkerbell Float) end up looking very close to the final full scale version.

After all, Connie didn't show up in the HM right after it reopened at Disneyland a couple years back, it took time.

Right, and there's been a lot of buzz about him. This time last year, I thought he would be here now...Not in a year or two..and at LEAST in DL. :lol:

Expo_Seeker40

he'll probably end up coming to our HM first because of all the sister attractions we have with Disneyland, our our HM is better than their version thanks to our 2007 refurb. :D :drevil:

cdunbar

HBghost1.jpg

HBghost2.jpg
Ok here are the two things I found on the pin website!:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Just watched Martin's "Perfect Vision HM Triute" and there is a portrait of HBG in the Corridor of Doors. :lol: Cool stuff.

Interesting thanks Evan :wave:

I have mixed feelings about this while it sounds awsome it has Yeti written all over it. I could just see it not working most of the time and being turned off.
Anytime. :)

Well, that's what happened in 1969. I think they have the tech for it now.

IWant2GoNow

I heard the Hatbox Ghost is in hiding because of suspicions that he stole the toppling hats from PotC. I have a feeling when Imagineers find him he'll be sent to HM for an afterlife of servitude and the hats replaced on the pirate.

But that was from Frank the bus driver... :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
I heard the Hatbox Ghost is in hiding because of suspicions that he stole the toppling hats from PotC. I have a feeling when Imagineers find him he'll be sent to HM for an afterlife of servitude and the hats replaced on the pirate.

But that was from Frank the bus driver... :lookaroun

:ROFLOL: :sohappy: We need Mrs. Kendall!

And in more watching of Martin's tribute, and in my own personal rides on HM, the area where he is supposed to be, as marked by the Hat Boxes is VERY apparent.

Ahhh, I miss my Mansion. :eek:

MarkTwain

Somebody told me that she was on fishing lure in DL and it wasn't the very thin stuff and it was very obvious that she was not floating but on fishing line...:shrug:

Speaking of Leota...Is she floating in DL again? I had heard that she was deactivated over there, seeing she was broken.

Both are true. Leota was floating last time I was at DL, and the fishing wire was unfortunately rather noticeable. But to my knowledge, that's not why she hasn't floated recently... before she went down, people were saying that the projection wasn't aligning to the crystal ball, so it had to stay stationary. And as of my latest updates, she's still not floating.

cdunbar

Both are true. Fleota was floating last time I was at DL, and the fishing wire was unfortunately rather noticeable. But to my knowledge, that's not why she hasn't floated recently... before she went down, people were saying that the projection wasn't aligning to the crystal ball, so it had to stay stationary. And as of my latest updates, she's still not floating.
Thanks for the update Mr. Twain....:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Both are true. Fleota was floating last time I was at DL, and the fishing wire was unfortunately rather noticeable. But to my knowledge, that's not why she hasn't floated recently... before she went down, people were saying that the projection wasn't aligning to the crystal ball, so it had to stay stationary. And as of my latest updates, she's still not floating.

Ah, interesting...Even though that kind of ruined how the Leota effect is done. :eek: :lol:

CaptainMichael

I imagine that they'll both appear at the same time, or at least be made at the same time to save on costs. Maybe they're trying/waiting to get TDL to request one also.

cdunbar

I imagine that they'll both appear at the same time, or at least be made at the same time to save on costs. Maybe they're trying/waiting to get TDL to request one also.
But I thought TDL was gonna revolve around some monkey. What place would the HBG have, jc?:wave:

imagineer boy

Leota doesn't float during HMH because the effect is ruined by the giant floating tarot cards in the scene. But she's still not floating even after the HMH overlay is gone, is that right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom