The Haunted Mansion

DisneySam

When I was at WDW in August there was no cart...I was so upset. But I did buy this great book at MGM called The Haunted Mansion from the Magic Kingtom to the Movies, which is GREAT! [They also have it at Amazon.com.

LOVE that book - although there is one bit the author and I disagree about. His explanation for the piano-playing shadow in the WDW Music Room is that it's the Ghost Host himself seen there. I contend that this just can't be since at the same time I can hear the GH right there in the Doombuggy with me telling me "they have all retired here to the Haunted Mansion'' ...

Erika

It didn't come from the cart, but my husband bought me a pretty cool Haunted Mansion mirror last year. It's a regular mirror with a heavy gothic frame until you pass by it. Then the hitch-hiking ghosts appear, and the Ghost Host starts to speak. I'm getting ready to hang it up for Halloween. :)

Back in the mid 70's I bought 2 "Portraits" from the HM. They are Brother Dave, and Aunt Suzanne. They look normal under normal light, but when you turn the lights out they change to a Werewolf , and a Medusa respectively. This was done with glow in the dark paint. I still have them on display in my house.

mrtoad

Erika,

Where did he get that? It sounds awesome.

Thanks,
Mike

Erika said:
It didn't come from the cart, but my husband bought me a pretty cool Haunted Mansion mirror last year. It's a regular mirror with a heavy gothic frame until you pass by it. Then the hitch-hiking ghosts appear, and the Ghost Host starts to speak. I'm getting ready to hang it up for Halloween. :)

Erika

mrtoad said:
Erika,

Where did he get that? It sounds awesome.

Thanks,
Mike

I am going to have to ask him! I've been Googling it to try and post a link but I can't find it anywhere. It came in the mail so I am sure he bought it online somewhere. I looked on the back and the sticker says "Anaheim" but I am betting it was probably an eBay purchase.

mrtoad

Erika said:
I am going to have to ask him! I've been Googling it to try and post a link but I can't find it anywhere. It came in the mail so I am sure he bought it online somewhere. I looked on the back and the sticker says "Anaheim" but I am betting it was probably an eBay purchase.

OK, thanks. I would love to put in my basement where we are setting up an entertainment area.

Thanks again,
Mike

Erika

Here are a couple of pictures so you can at least see what it looks like. Unfortunately the effects don't photograph very well!

Attachments

• Haunted Mansion Mirror 001.jpg
    Haunted Mansion Mirror 001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Haunted Mansion Mirror 002.jpg
    Haunted Mansion Mirror 002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 43

DisneySam

As I read I found myself doing the same thing! Overthinking the storyline and ideas for to see if they were logical and fit together LOL. I was like okay Samie, don't overthink it! :rolleyes:

mrtoad

Erika said:
Here are a couple of pictures so you can at least see what it looks like. Unfortunately the effects don't photograph very well!

Thanks, that is awesome. I really want it.

Stormy Horizons

duffyy said:
The Haunted Mansion is the best ride at disney world I go on it at least five times a vist. The one thing I have never done is buy gifts at the gift stand next to the ride. call me crasy but i want to buy something there when i go in dec can anyone tell me the best gifts to get thanks
If you're like me and don't want to spend a lot except @ World of Disney, you can always buy the postcards....or something small like that. Um, if you want something fun, get the Clue Keychain. My buddy Walt bought one of those, and we have a lot of fun with it.

cheshiresmile

i didn't get to go back and pick one up, but they had licence plates that said doombuggy. i won's miss out next time!

11/12-11/16 2005 renee

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
the Doom Buggie license plates are at the world of disney according to my sister. She just bought me one over the phone!

robynchic

Anyone know if WDW is doing the Nightmare Before Christmas theme for Halloween this year? They've done it at DL for a while, and there were rumors in the Kingdom that they may do it here this year...

robynchic

Well darn. That would have made my honeymooning friends' vacation.

If I can get pics of them before they leave for their honeymoon, I'll post them up on here so if you guys are there right around/on Halloween, to say something to them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom