The Haunted Mansion

mhead

Scooter said:
Perhaps DisneyLAND has had this option but not Disney WORLD.

In Disney Worlds Haunted mansion, you get off the omnimover, walk down a small hallway and you're outside...there isn't even a place where you could buy pictures even if you wanted to.

Not at Disneyland either.

LUV4Goofy

tracyandalex said:
i know i saw the pics last time i was there in 2003. haven't been back since so maybe they don't have it anymore. i wish i had bought it then :(

tracy
I don't remember seeing a picture shop when I was there in June but for some reason I do remember having that option but I can't remember when...........maybe it was a dream.

goonsquads57

My daughter bought one of the invisible dog leashes... I tried to talk her out of it. One thing my sister and I noticed on our last trip, in December, was that there was NO merchandise with the original (not the Tilly chick from the movie) MDM Leota on it. No shirts, no figurines, no key chains, not even a pin (the kind you trade) to be found-and we were looking everywhere, especially in the area of the HM.

Since1976

Interesting...I only just realized because of this thread that there is indeed no Haunted Mansion gift shop. I had been planning on stocking up on Haunted Mansion goodies on my next trip... Is there any place in Liberty Square which has Haunted Mansion paraphernalia? Or do I have to hunt for it at World of Disney?

Lauriebar

Last year at the Halloween Party the shop to the left of the exit was selling HM merchandise exclusively. I don't remember whether or not it did so during normal hours or not. That's where I got my stuff.

This small shop used to sell kitchen items I think. It is located right before you enter Fantasyland right across from Columbia Harbor House.

Blackie Pueblo

Yeah, I too wish the cart had more to offer. The keychains that look like an old key are pretty cool. I remember my first trip to DW when I was a kid I remember the cart use to sell these tombstones that they would put your name on. They use to glow in the dark. I wish they would bring something back like that.

I did buy several years ago a very nice fake skull that glows in the dark. I put it out every halloween.

Blackie Pueblo
http://www.newlineagefilms.com

Scooter

Since1976 said:
Interesting...I only just realized because of this thread that there is indeed no Haunted Mansion gift shop. I had been planning on stocking up on Haunted Mansion goodies on my next trip... Is there any place in Liberty Square which has Haunted Mansion paraphernalia? Or do I have to hunt for it at World of Disney?

I get all mine from The Disney Catalog

NADisney

Last Year ,they turned the Yankee Traders Import- Export shop that sits in Liberty Square and Fantasyland into the Haunted Mansion / Nightmae before Christmas shop ...it's even listed in the Birnbaum's 2005 WDW Guide Book.

I bought several t-shirts and the bobble -head Hitchiking Ghosts ,as well as all three Hitchiking Ghosts Plush dolls last year from that location. :sohappy:

Disney SHOULD rename the shop to " The Groundskeepers Cottage", LOL. :lol: :lol:

I do remember there being talk at one point about an attempt to have a pic with a hitchhiker as a post-ride souvenir. However, the logistics of trying to get things to work out lighting-wise proved to be less than ideal and the experiment was ended...

And HM souvenirs of *any* kind have been extremely hard to come by ever since I first visited the MK in 1973. It used to make me CRAZY that other than the rare postcard you would find at the Emporium, there was pretty much nada for the HM. Things started getting a bit better with the appearance of Madam Leota's Cart, but as someone else pointed out, stuff found there was just about never ride exclusive even then. Things have improved recently though and I've managed to get my hands on a few goodies like the HM poster, hearse replica, ''bobble head'' hitch-hikers, shot glass, mug, key ring, and a pin or two. And I'm assuming you can now get your hands on a copy of Jason Surrell's ''The Haunted Mansion - From The Magic Kingdom To The Movies'' somewhere on property as well...

Blackie Pueblo

I did buy the Haunted Mansion book, and it was very informative and entertaining. It had a lot of info I didn't know regarding the building of, the story behind HM in all the Disney Parks etc.. the people who worked on the attraction...

It also has some rare and amazing photos inside. Great Read, and probably one of the best items I've seen for sale regarding the Haunted Mansion attraction.

Blackie Pueblo

crazycalf

You can get tapestrys (sp) of the streching room from disney direct now. The Art of Disney in DTD has posters of them also.

Last year I got a fake lisence plate that says haunted mansion, magic Kingdom.
The big letters in the middle are "DOOM BUGY". I was just there on Tuesday and they didn't have this anymore though.

Crescent_Fresh

Gifts

The Haunted Mansion has been my favorite ride and actually favorite part of WDW since my first trip in 1979. The stories I could tell you about getting to ride after midnight, or the first ride with the Nightmare theme when I lived in Los Angeles and frequented Disneyland, or getting to eat dinner in the HM (expensive!!! but I got my own death certificate-Woo Hoo) and its really weird menu and the Headless Horseman coming in...I love that ride) The gift shop / cart is just to the right as you exit up the street a little ways. I always get something from Nightmare before Xmas T's, to HM shotglasses, the book, CD's... its always fun to look at, however its more of a spooky theme than actual HM merch. I remember my sister buying that damn dog leash back in '86... most of it is little chach. Skeleton keychains etc. something you would find at a "Haunted Spencers or Hot Topic" :( .. as much as it's weird to be dumped out of POTC into a gift shop full of pistols and eyepatches and various plastic rubies and dabloons, I would totally support a HM gift shop if they had some quality HM Merch... like haunted handkerchiefs or something :)lol: ) I dont know...

casey's catcher

Around the time The Haunted Mansion movie came out, The Yankee Trader - Liberty Square store adjacent to Colombia Harbor House and next to the Fantasy Land entrance - temporarily stocked HM merchandise as well as its usual fare.

Back at Easter I picked up a Mickey beanie from the HM cart, precisely because on the inside of his cape (he was dressed as a undertaker) there was this great retro HM logo. The more something says 'this attraction has been around since '71', the better.

Apart from that, the attraction poster is the only way to go.

I wish they would reproduce the stretching posters - ah, my little aligator girl!
There is an 'interpretation' of it, done in pastels, at Art of Disney in Epcot, but it's a poor substitute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom