The Harry Potter Cauldron Perks Again!

timetoknowbe

FourFourSeven said:
Is Harry the right thing for Disney? I'm not going to enter that argument.

But I will say I agree that Disney is the right place for Harry. I have a feeling that Disney would spare no expense and create something unlike which we have seen in a while. Think Haunted Mansion on steroids. It would be absolutely fantastic, and I'd love to see what the Imagineers could pull off... Frankly, it could be its own mini-land...

Hmm - possible fourth gate? (kidding!)

Thats what I was thinking. If anyone could do the series justice with theme park translation, its Disney. Plus, as a general rule, aren't other theme park chains aimed more toward teenage-adult audiences? *Not* saying Disney is a kiddie park, or that Harry Potter is for kids (I'm 17 and quite the fan), but in general the Disney and HP audiences seem to fit together more. And it could draw an older audience to Disney, with the older HP fans. Between Narnia and HP, the possibilities are insane.

rumors <3

Woody13

Disney knows that HP will fade into oblivion in just a few short years. They would be foolish to spend any significant money on this flash in the pan. HP will soon join Tom Swift, Spin & Marty, Beaver Cleaver and the many other once famous pimple faced juvenile males in permanent retirement.

And Harry will never be heard from again, except old timers will say, "Do you remember Harry Potter?" Children will reply, "You mean Harry Zizzle Pizzle?"

socalkdg

Woody13 said:
Disney knows that HP will fade into oblivion in just a few short years. They would be foolish to spend any significant money on this flash in the pan. HP will soon join Tom Swift, Spin & Marty, Beaver Cleaver and the many other once famous pimple faced juvenile males in permanent retirement.

And Harry will never be heard from again, except old timers will say, "Do you remember Harry Potter?" Children will reply, "You mean Harry Zizzle Pizzle?"
Anyone that believes that is crazy. Harry Potter has made 3 times as much money worldwide than Indiana Jones. Even adjusting for inflation Potter still has made twice as much.

Funny that we can have great Indi rides and shows from a 20 year old franchise, but a series that is twice as popular can't make even 1 or 2 good rides that would last? Think again.

CThaddeus

I wouldn't tell Disney about Spin and Marty. In case you haven't been keeping an eye on their most recent DVD releases, Spin and Marty not only got a release, but got the special tin-box Disney Treasures package. And if you think Harry Potter will fade quickly, you might want to look at the most recent box office figures for "Goblet of Fire"...not to mention the book sales for "Half Blood Prince." They obviously know a good thing when they see it, since as has been mentioned before, the movies keep appearing on Disney-owned networks (ABC, ABC Family, the Disney Channel). There may be more interest than you think. Then again, there may not. None of us knows for sure. Personally, I would never be against such an attraction, though. I'm a tremendous fan and an old fogey, to boot (35!).

Woody13

CThaddeus said:
I wouldn't tell Disney about Spin and Marty. In case you haven't been keeping an eye on their most recent DVD releases, Spin and Marty not only got a release, but got the special tin-box Disney Treasures package. And if you think Harry Potter will fade quickly, you might want to look at the most recent box office figures for "Goblet of Fire"...not to mention the book sales for "Half Blood Prince." They obviously know a good thing when they see it, since as has been mentioned before, the movies keep appearing on Disney-owned networks (ABC, ABC Family, the Disney Channel). There may be more interest than you think. Then again, there may not. None of us knows for sure. Personally, I would never be against such an attraction, though. I'm a tremendous fan and an old fogey, to boot (35!).
Wow! HP has an eight year popular history. Tom Swift had a 30 year popular history. We just need to give HP a little more time before he retires. After all, the author is not a great writer by any caliber. If she were indeed good, we might have a lasting character.

CaptainMichael

Well, Harry has survived 8 years so far which is a little less than half of my life. I'd say the stories are surviving the changing of time quite well. The world is a lot different now than it was in 1997. The franchise continues to get bigger and bigger and has the opportunity to continue past book 7 like Star Wars has done.

DisneyWales

Seven is the very last book of Potter, Rowling as always known what would happen and has no intrest in creating a Prequel or Sequel. Be fair she has spent almost 20 years dreaming and writting about the characters, she has said herself she is excited and sad to write the final book, so she can move on from Harry Potter.

I do not expect any ride announcement to come untill after the final book, mainly due to the fact as it would be a bad move by Rowling. If Harry does die in the last book, it will not effect the ride as they could theme it on any of the other 6 Books.

She will not alow them to tell a new story, i.e. a special story featuring Harry vs Valdermort as it would effect the timeline in her stories, if Disney wanted to do this type of ride, they would have to retell events as they happen in the book. They could be a story between the book, i.e. a monster chases you around Hogworts etc.

I just think it would be better all round if maybe Disney got the rights characters, so they could do a stage show or something, and have characters in the Parade/Meet and Greets. Possibly a interactive play area, i.e. test to see which House you would be in, practice spell casting, take a lesson in Magical Animals (AA Hippogryph ala lucky anyone).

In my eyes a ride would just take away alot of the magic of Harry Potter, and not fit into Disney.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Mecha Figment said:
in responce to that. most people enjoy rides. only a few people enjoy shows. Where do you think they will put their money in.
im not the much of a show guy...... Indy is the closest i get if that is a "show".

CaptainMichael

DisneyWales said:
Seven is the very last book of Potter, Rowling as always known what would happen and has no intrest in creating a Prequel or Sequel. Be fair she has spent almost 20 years dreaming and writting about the characters, she has said herself she is excited and sad to write the final book, so she can move on from Harry Potter.
Believe me, I'm well aware of her feelings on the matter, but people do tend to change their mind *cough*George Lucas*cough*. She has not ruled out future Harry Potter related books. In fact, we could very well be getting some form of "Hogwarts a History" which is something I've been wanting for a while. Remember, at any point in time, Rowling could have a dream about a whole new plot for Harry. I'm sure she would consider doing more.

Don't forget, Rowling does not necessarily have to be the one to continue the series. With legal rights, someone could easily write about Harry's adult life just like what has been done with Star Wars and James Bond.

Ralphlaw

Harry will not die.

We must continue to push for a Harry Potter attraction. Any push we can give to Disney will help make it a reality. Here's why it will happen:

1. Animal Kingdom needs another major attraction, and a possible link to a nighttime show. Loud fireworks cannot be used because of the animals, but some kind of Quiditch, dragon, forbidden forest magic thing could possibly be done without being too loud. Keep the people in the park longer, and suddenly they stay on-site an extra night, spend more on food, and souvenirs. Cha-ching.

2. Harry Potter has staying power because it is both a series of movies and great literature. Further, Disney could have "Harry Potter" weekends like they do with Star Wars weekends. Cha-ching.

3. Merchandising. Merchandising. Merchandising.

4. A Hogwarts banquet hall would make for a fabulous restaurant, which Animal Kingdom is not stong in at the moment.

Halfling418

I wouldn't mind something HP, as long as it's not made uber-cheesy, but rather true to the feel of the wizarding world.

That is, if this thing is actually going to happen.

imagineer boy

Ralphlaw said:
We must continue to push for a Harry Potter attraction. Any push we can give to Disney will help make it a reality. Here's why it will happen:

1. Animal Kingdom needs another major attraction, and a possible link to a nighttime show. Loud fireworks cannot be used because of the animals, but some kind of Quiditch, dragon, forbidden forest magic thing could possibly be done without being too loud. Keep the people in the park longer, and suddenly they stay on-site an extra night, spend more on food, and souvenirs. Cha-ching.

2. Harry Potter has staying power because it is both a series of movies and great literature. Further, Disney could have "Harry Potter" weekends like they do with Star Wars weekends. Cha-ching.

3. Merchandising. Merchandising. Merchandising.

4. A Hogwarts banquet hall would make for a fabulous restaurant, which Animal Kingdom is not stong in at the moment.

Why are people always suggesting Harry Potter should go in AK?! Harry Potter 100% DOES NOT fit the theme of animal kingdom. What would Hogwarts school of Witch craft and Wizardry have to do with animals? Besides, AK is already getting E:E so it won't be in such a bad need for new rides.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
Why are people always suggesting Harry Potter should go in AK?! Harry Potter 100% DOES NOT fit the theme of animal kingdom. What would Hogwarts school of Witch craft and Wizardry have to do with animals? Besides, AK is already getting E:E so it won't be in such a bad need for new rides.
1. DAK does have a dragon in their logo. Wizards are commonly associated with dragons. Harry Potter is a wizard.
2. HP is a bunch of dung (thats my opine) and DAK has animal dung in it.
3. HP was a succesfull movie. A Bugs Life was a succesfull movie.
4. HP was a young man. Young men go to DAK.

I think there are enough tie ins that would allow the attraction. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom