The Harry Potter Cauldron Perks Again!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Denscott said:
I think the numbers above prove without a doubt that there is a market and a long life for the Harry Potter franchise. Many of us find the books and the movies to be fantastic adventures and tremendously original stories.[/COLOR]

Based on that logic Disney should imediately build a Holy Bible attraction....

disneylands

Account Suspended
Sherm00 said:
I know I am not in the majority, but a would love to see a harry potter attraction even if it's not 100% disney.

thats not necessarily true, you are only in the minority on this site and only because they are soooooo sick of hearing harry potter rumors they could throw up!:hurl: But I too would love to see a harry potter section, as long as they theme it correctly and keep it true to the books/films. I dont think a harry potter addition would be all that bad!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
disneylands said:
thats not necessarily true, you are only in the minority on this site and only because they are soooooo sick of hearing harry potter rumors they could throw up!:hurl: But I too would love to see a harry potter section, as long as they theme it correctly and keep it true to the books/films. I dont think a harry potter addition would be all that bad!
I would live with a HP attraction. If they themed a whole area after HP I would have to question the competancy of Disney Management.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's helpful - it's the reason we have Tom Sawyer Island, the Swiss Family Treehouse, and such.

But they can create a new successful character or idea as well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
mousermerf said:
It's helpful - it's the reason we have Tom Sawyer Island, the Swiss Family Treehouse, and such.

But they can create a new successful character or idea as well.

But we also have Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Carribian, CoP, IASW, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track, E.E. etc, etc, most excellent attractions that have withstood the test of time. Most are E ticket and have more of a thrill factor.

Look at the attractions based on Movies, (Disney or otherwise) Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, Stitch, Buzz, Voyage of Little Mermaid, Star Tours, IJSS. Most of these are kid based and not "extreme" or Thrill, none considered E ticket ( I dont think).

CThaddeus

hakunamatata said:
But we also have Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Carribian, CoP, IASW, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track, E.E. etc, etc, most excellent attractions that have withstood the test of time. Most are E ticket and have more of a thrill factor.

Look at the attractions based on Movies, (Disney or otherwise) Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, Stitch, Buzz, Voyage of Little Mermaid, Star Tours, IJSS. Most of these are kid based and not "extreme" or Thrill, none considered E ticket ( I dont think).

ETickets - Splash Mountain (Song of the South), Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Disneyland), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (Disneyland Paris), and Star Tours is (or at least was) an E-Ticket. I would consider each thrilling in it's own way.

On another subject, I find it hard to believe some don't think J.K. Rowling is an excellent writer. And similarly, how can anyone say she doesn't develop her characters? Something tells me those making the comments really haven't read (or tried to read) one of her books. I'll be the first to admit that the movies tend to sacrifice character to save on time. For instance, in Goblet of Fire, numerous subplots and characters were dropped or scaled back to the point where it felt like I was watching a Reader's Digest Condensed version of the book. If they had truly wanted to do that book justice, the movie would have been two parts of at least two hours each. Blame Hollywood for the lack of character development, if that's what you see. I applaud J.K. Rowling for not only creating characters I feel like I know well, but for getting kids to read again, which is something I think many feared was a dying trend.

I could definitely see a Hogwarts in the Disney-MGM Studios...but not as the centerpiece. For me it is, and will always be The Great Movie Ride and the Chinese Theater. That lame hat is just blocking the true icon of the Park.

MKCustodial

hakunamatata said:
I am assuming you are referring to the Holy Bible attraction......could be Bad, might be Tsh, but Dum, never.

Sorry, that was my lame attempt at trying to put into words that classic drumming sound that comes after a joke. :eek: :zipit:

Lee

Adventurer
Just to fan the flames a bit more...

I just got a little bit more confirmation about the HP thing. From what I'm told, it is true that Disney is pursuing the attraction rights to HP. However, it was stressed that it does not mean that a ride at a park is on the way. My information tells me that it is just as likely at this point to be something like Jim's site-based description, and it is not yet a done deal.

By the way, this particular info does not come from WDI, but from Burbank.

Shaman

Lee said:
Just to fan the flames a bit more...

I just got a little bit more confirmation about the HP thing. From what I'm told, it is true that Disney is pursuing the attraction rights to HP. However, it was stressed that it does not mean that a ride at a park is on the way. My information tells me that it is just as likely at this point to be something like Jim's site-based description, and it is not yet a done deal.

By the way, this particular info does not come from WDI, but from Burbank.

Any idea how long they've been pursuing this?

Interesting stuff. Thanks, Lee. :wave:

MKCustodial

Very good indeed. Unfortunately, I have this feeling people won't listen to this part:

it was stressed that it does not mean that a ride at a park is on the way

and will keep on fighting for which park Harry will settle in. :lol: :brick:

Shaman

Lee said:
A while. Can't give an exact time frame, but it's not a new development.

Cool. Would be nice to see Iger wrap this deal up and get WDI workin' on something HP related. Lets see what happens....

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom