The Harry Potter Cauldron Perks Again!

Connor002

Yo Ho said:
Actually, didn't Rowling just announce that Potter will die in the next installment? Sounds like Harry's fate has already been determined...

Thanks alot for ruining the series! :cry:

:lookaroun

Connor002

I will not commen on my thoughs on HP comming to Disney but I will say what is most likely the reasoning behind it.

Harry Potter=Money

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
IMDB picked up the story....

Disney in Harry Potter Theme-Park Deal?
The Walt Disney Co. is considering constructing a "site-based entertainment" complex in Singapore that would occupy a full city block and rise six to seven stories, with each story featuring one of the Harry Potter books, Disney watcher Jim Hill reported on his blog Monday. Hill quoted an anonymous source as saying that Disney has been in protracted negotiations with Potter author J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. to secure theme-park rights for the Singapore complex. Hill's source continued: "If this Harry Potter acquisition deal does fall apart, I'm told that the Imagineers have another SBE [site-based entertainment] concept that also might fly. One where each floor of this city-block-sized building would then celebrate a different Pixar film."

Mecha Figment

first of all there is no plausable reason to put hary potter in SIGAPORE? united kingdom maybe.. heck put him In paris. it makes more sence than singapore!

DarkMeasures

MKCP 1985 said:
We'll see. :rolleyes: When was the last time Jim Hill broke a big story that actually turned out to be true? (Other than reporting himself getting thrown out of Disneyland? :lol:

Project Gemini. I guess you guys don't understand that projects evolve.

Moustronaut

Yo Ho said:
Actually, didn't Rowling just announce that Potter will die in the next installment? Sounds like Harry's fate has already been determined...
All I've heard of was leak from the voice actor that does all the HP books on tape. He claimed HP gets killed off. As far as I know there is no official confirmation of this.

pilka214

honeslty if disney were to do anything w/ harry potter i would think they would put it in mgm. look at star wars, disney had nothing to do with the producton of that movie.

but one thing that could make a major difference, is how well the rest of the books and movies do. if there is still a major interest in hp in like 7 years. i see this being more of a long term project. why release a attraction when the series is nowhere near done yet.

tomm4004

Moustronaut said:
All I've heard of was leak from the voice actor that does all the HP books on tape. He claimed HP gets killed off. As far as I know there is no official confirmation of this.
I would be surprised if she has completed book seven yet. Thus, he would not have done his reading yet.

Connor002

Moustronaut said:

I believe his comment was something along the lines of "I wouldn't be surprised if JK killed off [Harry]... she's been with these characters so long, she's ready to be rid of them"

CaptainMichael

Connor002 said:
I believe his commen was something along the lines of "I wouldn't be surprised if JK killed of [Harry]... she's been with these characters so long, she's ready to be rid of them"
Correct Connor!

These people are just trying to get us Potter fans riled up. Who needs a Potter attraction at WDW when you have a bunch of Trolls right here?:rolleyes:

Rotel1026

A couple of things:

First off, I say just stick HP in Epcot, over in the UK. If it's too expensive or there's no land, then just put a HP sticker on the phone booth and call it HP's Magical Phone Booth ride...people will line up for hours to go in it. :wave:

Anyway, as far as those of you saying Disney is doing this just to keep it out of their competitor's hands. Come on, as much as this is going to cost them to acquire, I doubt they would just sit on the property and do nothing with him. If Disney does acquire the rights, I'd expect they'll do something with them.

And Jim getting kicked out of DL being "big" news? No, that was just the internet equivalent of being on America's Funniest Home Videos. Loved reading that he got kicked out but it hardly qualified as "news."

Wasn't he taking Lutz to task over the tone of his column last week and how it sounded too much like the company line and that he gave himself an easy out by saying "for the time being?" Well isn't this column taking much the same tone? Sounds to me like that's what Disney would want him to say. "Come on guys, it's nothing like DQ...it'll be great fun!" And of course, if it's not HP it's themed to, it'll be Pixar. And he mentions the negative comments that readers sent in about site based entertainment and how they obviously didn't understand hat SBE was going to be? Apparently Jim does but doesn't enlighten any further into what could actually go inside one of these centers other than to say it won't be like DQ?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Empress Room said:
Let's face it, it makes sense. No matter what one's personal opinion of the Harry Potter series is, one has to admit that the Harry Potter franchise 1) is extremely popular; 2) has long-range and all encompassing marketing possibilities; 3) has events, stories and characters that would be perfect for many theme park attractions, experiences, rides (and even lands).

If Disney has not or does not pursue the HP franchise, its competitors assuredly will.
I would rather them pursue something like Lord of the Rings. Actually, I would rather them pursue bankrupcy before Harry Potter, but that would be unproductive.......and I would have a useless DVC membership....so, I guess I could put up with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom